Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
57%
Ancelotti
43%

Total votes : 46

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby swipe right » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:55 pm

Özim wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Özim wrote:
swipe right wrote:Football genius Ancelotti thought a certain Thierry Henry wouldn’t make it and sold him.

Every manager makes mistakes, Wenger got rid of Gnabry for peanuts rather than play him, he's now a world star and bought rubbish left right and centre.

Facts are Ancelotti has won trophies everywhere, leagues, CL etc not manager managers have, he's proven, so yes in that sense he is a bit of a genius, you don't win 3 CLs and leagues in many different countries without being good.

No manager in the history of football has got fired as many times as this bloke.

Doesn’t change the fact he’s won leagues and champions leagues, He knows how to win and what we needed was someone to get us to qualify for the CL then we could have reassessed.

Arteta certainly wasn’t the answer, someone like Allegri or Simeone would have been the logical choice then, now we’ll probably watch them join other clubs and be successful whilst we continue to fail.

Why on earth would Simeone want to join Arsenal?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:26 pm

swipe right wrote:
Özim wrote:
swipe right wrote:Football genius Ancelotti thought a certain Thierry Henry wouldn’t make it and sold him.

Every manager makes mistakes, Wenger got rid of Gnabry for peanuts rather than play him, he's now a world star and bought rubbish left right and centre.

Facts are Ancelotti has won trophies everywhere, leagues, CL etc not manager managers have, he's proven, so yes in that sense he is a bit of a genius, you don't win 3 CLs and leagues in many different countries without being good.

No manager in the history of football has got fired as many times as this bloke.

Rubbish. A quick Google will show it's Ranieri with that record.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Dejan wrote:Steadily moving up the table? When emery left we were 8th i believe. We are 10th now

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk

Technically - we fell to tenth under Ljungberg NOT Arteta.

And - technically speaking, we were 8 pts off of 4th when Emery got sacked, we are still 8pts off 4th place.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:10 pm

swipe right wrote:Why on earth would Simeone want to join Arsenal?

Why would Ancelotti join Everton, I’ll tell you why, because the club wanted to sign him, showed their ambition, offered him everything he wanted and actually tried.

If you don’t try you don’t get, we never try, probably because we don’t want to pay.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Özim wrote:

Why would Ancelotti join Everton, I’ll tell you why, because the club wanted to sign him, showed their ambition, offered him everything he wanted and actually tried.

If you don’t try you don’t get, we never try, probably because we don’t want to pay.

Everton are paying Carlo £11m/yr.

Simeone is on €40m/yr.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:37 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Dejan wrote:Steadily moving up the table? When emery left we were 8th i believe. We are 10th now

And - technically speaking, we were 8 pts off of 4th when Emery got sacked, we are still 8pts off 4th place.
Correct, so we havent been moving up the table ;-)

Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:40 am

Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Özim wrote:

I call him Fired-alotti
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby gamechannel » Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:58 am

Why are we debating this? Arteta aint going anywhere for at least 2 years. This discussion is just a pipe dream at this point.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby ag6789 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 3:10 am

There are 5 or 6 clowns on this site who thinks if they cry enough , Arteta will melt away somehow. They probably want AFC to lose heavily so he goes away, kicked out of the Emirates gate!! Amazing!
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Nuggets » Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:40 am

Özim wrote:

Spot on with that, no ambition and tightfisted to boot, feck how the mighty have fallen.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Dejan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:30 am

swipe right wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
swipe right wrote:
Özim wrote:

I call him Fired-alotti
Looool

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:10 am

ag6789 wrote:There are 5 or 6 clowns on this site who thinks if they cry enough , Arteta will melt away somehow. They probably want AFC to lose heavily so he goes away, kicked out of the Emirates gate!! Amazing!

Throwing insults around doesn’t help your argument pal.

Never wanted Arteta here, so he needed to do something special to convince me I was wrong, he’s done the opposite by being bang average/poor and making the team look very ordinary indeed.

Couldn’t care less he’s going to be here for 2 years, he shouldn’t be in my mind, he’s not earnt it’s and has no goodwil, it should be that if he hasn’t delivered by the the end of the season he’s out on his ear like any other big club, he’s got no record of success and no experience, I’m not going to pretend I like him managing us, it doesn’t matter if he’s here for 5 minutes or 5 years.

Some Arsenal fans are way too easy to please IMO, we sign some nobody and they pretend it’s great, is it any wonder the club gets away with anything it wants?
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:58 am

Dejan wrote:
theHotHead wrote:

Correct, so we havent been moving up the table ;-)

:hiding: :lol:
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:13 am

Özim wrote:
ag6789 wrote:There are 5 or 6 clowns on this site who thinks if they cry enough , Arteta will melt away somehow. They probably want AFC to lose heavily so he goes away, kicked out of the Emirates gate!! Amazing!

Throwing insults around doesn’t help your argument pal.

Never wanted Arteta here, so he needed to do something special to convince me I was wrong, he’s done the opposite by being bang average/poor and making the team look very ordinary indeed.

Couldn’t care less he’s going to be here for 2 years, he shouldn’t be in my mind, he’s not earnt it’s and has no goodwil, it should be that if he hasn’t delivered by the the end of the season he’s out on his ear like any other big club, he’s got no record of success and no experience, I’m not going to pretend I like him managing us, it doesn’t matter if he’s here for 5 minutes or 5 years.

Some Arsenal fans are way too easy to please IMO, we sign some nobody and they pretend it’s great, is it any wonder the club gets away with anything it wants?

Dude, you can take me as a case in point - I am definitely not easy to please at all. I was calling for Wenger to go from around 2011, I joined various Wenger Out and Kroenke Out marches, in fact, I gave up my season ticket in 2012 I think in protest at the bollox I was seeing. I was relieved when Wenger finally got the sack but never wanted Ancelotti or Mourinho as Arsenal manager, I wasn't fussed about Arteta but was midly interested in Emery - because of what he had done at Sevilla NOT what he had done at PSG.

I gave Emery a fair shout, I called out the stupid decisions but was impressed with our 21 game unbeaten run - albeit fortunate. I noticed improved performance levels against the top teams, he had made us more competitive. Then came Christmas and his vendetta against Ozil, our form dipped alarmingly and he seemed determined to cut off his nose to spite his face, I'm not down with that bullshit. It was at this point I became more vocal about the mistakes he was making and then by February I had decided the guy was a pleb - but I was not Emery Out. The end of season collapse confirmed to me that he was not the right man for the job.

Arteta came in, again, I was not happy or sad, I was sort of "meh - he can't be worse than Emery". I watched his first 2 interviews and was impressed with what I saw, I watched his first game and could see an immediate improvement in our team defending. For me, I have seen a continual improvement in our play. Whats funny for me is, people were complaining there was no improvement - and that we were not getting results with Arteta even though it was clear to see our defending had improved. Now we are getting results AND getting more clean sheets and people are still complaining. The man has been in charge for 3 freekin months ffs

People are not easy to please, we just choose to give the new man a fair chance, thats what being a REAL FAN is all about.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:54 am

There is nothing wrong with expressing our opinions and concerns. Thats what the forum is for.

And yes we are aware that mikel is probably not surfing this forum

Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk