Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Angelito » Sun Jun 05, 2022 10:28 pm

theHotHead wrote:Wait, so we have been funding purchases from loans?!! Is this common knowledge???

What the f**k?!!!! So these f***ers are putting us into debt

Yes, that's the scenario.

The Kroenkes restructured the stadium debt to allow more cash flow for us i.e., they annulled outstanding loans of the Emirates Stadium against the banks, but structured it as debt against KSE. So, instead of paying interest to the financial institution, we're obliged to pay KSE annual interests. They could forgo this provision if they so wished.

This enabled us to apply for further loans to fund last seasons's transfers.

At this stage, we're under debt to financial institutions and KSE. Before the full take-over (KSE), we were only liable for the stadium debt.

That's why I mentioned about the Super League. Reportedly, Arsenal, ManU, and Liverpool were drivers of the Super League in England. Spurs, obviously, would piggy-back as it helps them the most. City and Chelsea were the first to pull out.

Don't forget that American billionaires now control Arsenal, ManU, and Liverpool. Soon, Chelsea too.

Chelsea owe around £1.2b in debt to Roman Abramovich. But he's provided concessions. And, apart from Chelsea's actual net worth, Abramovich has pledged those loans on charity. Chelsea have another issue with Stamford Bridge. The land where Stamford Bridge lies isn't owned by Chelsea outright. It's leased. So, the new Chelsea owners, inherit the terms and conditions as "custodians" of the estate.

If we hadn't applied for loans, we wouldn't have been in a position to spend more than £70m last summer. We are in a position to spend another £150m this summer without breaching the rules, but it's yet to be seen how that's structured.

KSE could ease the situation by "absolving" loans against them. They won't. No business would, frankly speaking. But if push came to shove, they'd have to, or else they'd have to sell the club to someone who's willing to inherit all the loans on top of their £2.4b valuation of Arsenal.

We're not self-sufficient anymore. We also can't ignore the impact of Covid in all of this. It's affected every club out there, even Real Madrid and Barcelona.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:16 am

We're also borrowing to offset the cash outflows associated with 3 loss-making financial years. We have a £150m war chest but with our poor transfer strategy it's just adding more debt to our balance sheet.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:48 am

Makes it all the more strange that Kroenke seems to be supporting the level of financial screw ups Arteta keeps making, unless they see it as a win/win, the more Arteta loses the more in debt Arsenal becomes - but then the value of Arsenal will be linked to that debt for any prospective buyer.

So Kroenke gets paid in full whether we are a success or not
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Hypergooner » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:Makes it all the more strange that Kroenke seems to be supporting the level of financial screw ups Arteta keeps making, unless they see it as a win/win, the more Arteta loses the more in debt Arsenal becomes - but then the value of Arsenal will be linked to that debt for any prospective buyer.

What gets me is, all them baron years under Wenger where we didn't buy the best players and opted to get the ones nobody had heard of, to remain sustainable, were all for nothing.
We could have and in hindsight, should have joined the rest and spunked money we didn't have, on the worlds best players!
All we have done is decline on the pitch, decline financially and decline in the table since KSE came on board in any capacity!
Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.

Sun Tzu

Hypergooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:53 pm

Hypergooner wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Makes it all the more strange that Kroenke seems to be supporting the level of financial screw ups Arteta keeps making, unless they see it as a win/win, the more Arteta loses the more in debt Arsenal becomes - but then the value of Arsenal will be linked to that debt for any prospective buyer.

What gets me is, all them baron years under Wenger where we didn't buy the best players and opted to get the ones nobody had heard of, to remain sustainable, were all for nothing.
We could have and in hindsight, should have joined the rest and spunked money we didn't have, on the worlds best players!
All we have done is decline on the pitch, decline financially and decline in the table since KSE came on board in any capacity!

We built the stadium at a time when the PL did not have multi-billion pound TV contracts, and UEFA didn't reward CL teams as handsomely as they do now.

Back then, the logic around expanding the stadium was to boost matchday revenue and pull in bigger advertisers. But now we're in a situation where the EPL will write a £100m cheque to any team that avoids the drop. There is not much difference between what Everton and City get from the PL, despite one team finishing 1st and the other finishing 17th.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reiss » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:23 pm

I think Arteta is more suited to Arsenal than Ancelotti.

Ancelotti is an icing on the cake type manager. He's not good for deep root surgery. Hence why he was meh at Everton but brilliant at Real.

I think Arteta is better suited.

Young, innovative and the right man for an overhaul at this club.
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Ach » Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:56 pm

Reiss wrote:I think Arteta is more suited to Arsenal than Ancelotti.

Ancelotti is an icing on the cake type manager. He's not good for deep root surgery. Hence why he was meh at Everton but brilliant at Real.

I think Arteta is better suited.

Young, innovative and the right man for an overhaul at this club.

Agree. It's clear the club doesn't want trophies or CL football. Ancelotti can get both. Arteta can't.

Arteta in
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Massa » Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:09 pm

arteta
Massa
Member of the Year 2007
Member of the Year 2007

Postby theHotHead » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:07 pm

Well the man has turned it around hasn't he!!! Reading the last few pages it is frankly a miracle that he has turned it around so quickly!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Goonerred » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:10 pm

Arteta is rubbish!!!
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:Well the man has turned it around hasn't he!!! Reading the last few pages it is frankly a miracle that he has turned it around so quickly!!

Ripped up the failed process. Made a new one and we're all the better for it.

Meanwhile Ancelotti and Jose are winning European trophies
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Fran Solo » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:41 am

The context has changed. Who I wanted in 2021 and who I want right now is different. At this moment I don't want anybody else other than Arteta. Not that he is the best in the world or anything close to that, but because he clearly fit the squad and the club at this moment.
Fran Solo
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:02 am

lol how did this thread get resurrected?

I know one thing for sure.
Neither Mourinho or Ancellotti have the managerial skill to do what Arteta has done over the last 2-3 years to completely revitalise our club.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:47 am

Ach wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Well the man has turned it around hasn't he!!! Reading the last few pages it is frankly a miracle that he has turned it around so quickly!!

Ripped up the failed process. Made a new one and we're all the better for it.

Meanwhile Ancelotti and Jose are winning European trophies

I did think about that when I bumped this topic back up, Maureen and his Conference League trophy at Roma can sit down, Ancelotti on the other hand - wow. I know a trophy is a trophy but, the abuse we would get if we had won the Conference League would be unbearable

Until we win the title Arteta has to be behind Ancelotti, but ahead of Maureen. Could either manager have taken us to the top of the league in 3 years? I don't believe either could, but then I didn't think Arteta could and here we are.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:52 am

Fran Solo wrote:The context has changed. Who I wanted in 2021 and who I want right now is different. At this moment I don't want anybody else other than Arteta. Not that he is the best in the world or anything close to that, but because he clearly fit the squad and the club at this moment.

Yeah I don't think Ancelotti would work doing a rebuild. If you already had a top team and needed to replace the manager with no discernible drop in quality of the team's performance Ancelotti would be a great shout.

Maureen would be a massive gamble because he is such a polarising character, mostly a totally classless prick!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk