Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:23 am

Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Ach wrote:He's been available 3 times since Wenger left

Wtf is our board doing?

We're just a joke. If things don't work out with Arteta and we're forced to sack him mid-season after backing him in the summer, you have to worry about our next managerial appointment. Before Arteta we were flirting with the idea of giving Freddie Ljunberg the job! The people running this club are no good at talent spotting which makes me real nervous about them passing up managers like Ancelotti, Allegri, Conte, Tuchel, Pochettino, Sarri, Jardim, Benitez....

Next appointment will probably be a disaster as well. If it's not a Henry or Vieira, I fear they'll gamble on another untested midtable coach like Howe or Nuno or go for one of the international managers that's sacked or steps down after the Euros.

You’re abolutely spot on, a manager should be sacked now now 3 months into a deal thus ruining yet another season!

You’re right about the people in charge as well, they don’t have a clue what makes a good manager, that’s why they pass up all the best candidates and sign up people like Arteta on lucrative long term contracts without them having as much as managed.

I think KSE have gone for the same strategy that has helped the LA Rams. They gave a shot to a young and inexperienced coach and it's paid off for them with the Rams. I remember reading about the Rams new coach back in 2017 because there was a suggestion that Kroenke could look to apply the same strategy at Arsenal and sack Wenger. We shied away from going too young the first time round but it looks like we're there now. Arteta is the guy KSE want.

If you remember, Unai wasn't even on the shortlist and it was Raul that got him the interview. Didn't take long for both Raul and Unai to get the sack. KSE didn't believe in Unai in the first place but they listened to Raul. Now we don't even have an experienced DOF in football to even question them. We're in trouble. Edu also needs sacking. This guy fired all of our scouts and now we've hired a 3rd party company to hire more scouts. Why is it a third party? Why isn't Edu making that decision?

You’re right yes that seems to be the case, likewise a just Emery, he appeared at the last minute, I was somewhat relieved as Arteta was being earmarked prior to that, but low and behold we sacked Emery and brought in our first choice Arteta and whereas Emery got little or no support and got sacked after 18 months, Arteta after a pretty poor performance stays on.

But then this club is all about double standards, remember how Pepe was castigated for getting sent off whilst Xhaka was excused by Arteta, or how about we’ve played the morally superior card with this self sustaining model and then are one of the primary advocates of this failed super league.

Or how about how we sacked 55 employees during a pandemic but brought in Willian on megabucks and of course how we sacked Gunnersaurus who’d been with us for many many years.

Then there’s Xhaka swearing at fans and never apologising and being brought back in by Arteta, it’s like it never happened now.

Now we’re being linked with a keeper who is facing a ban until 2022.

I don’t recognise this club, it really has become one of the worst football clubs to support around, there’s so little it does the right way these days.

You’re right about Edu too, I thought he might bring something different, but he seems to be like all the others, now of them seem to make an ounce of difference or believe in accountability it seems, if Edu did Arteta would be out of a job by now.

We've really lost our way. If we have another awful summer in the transfer window, Edu should be sacked before Arteta. He has to pull off something special this window.

As for Arteta, he looks needs to have a strong start to the season. I was happy with the way he sorted out the defence and he's been talking about the 'process' in stages. I think the players are working hard and there is a more disciplined mentality but this second phase where we're now more ball dominant looks atrocious. Haven’t been happy with the football we play or the handling of certain incidents recently. Again, hopefully he sorts it out because I have zero faith in the decision makers at the club and especially if their wedded to this idea of finding the next big thing in management.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:26 am

Amazes me that a club would put a their trust in a man who’s delivered 2 8th places in two seasons and who got outwitted by the clubs former manager over two legs in the EL.

Qualifying for Europe should have been the minimum requirement for any manager, but that’s the trouble, at Arsenal there’s no criteria and no accountability, if the people upstairs like you and want you in charge you can do whatever you like and on the field performances are irrelevant.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:32 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
Ach wrote:He's been available 3 times since Wenger left

Wtf is our board doing?

We're just a joke. If things don't work out with Arteta and we're forced to sack him mid-season after backing him in the summer, you have to worry about our next managerial appointment. Before Arteta we were flirting with the idea of giving Freddie Ljunberg the job! The people running this club are no good at talent spotting which makes me real nervous about them passing up managers like Ancelotti, Allegri, Conte, Tuchel, Pochettino, Sarri, Jardim, Benitez....

Next appointment will probably be a disaster as well. If it's not a Henry or Vieira, I fear they'll gamble on another untested midtable coach like Howe or Nuno or go for one of the international managers that's sacked or steps down after the Euros.

You’re abolutely spot on, a manager should be sacked now now 3 months into a deal thus ruining yet another season!

You’re right about the people in charge as well, they don’t have a clue what makes a good manager, that’s why they pass up all the best candidates and sign up people like Arteta on lucrative long term contracts without them having as much as managed.

I think KSE have gone for the same strategy that has helped the LA Rams. They gave a shot to a young and inexperienced coach and it's paid off for them with the Rams. I remember reading about the Rams new coach back in 2017 because there was a suggestion that Kroenke could look to apply the same strategy at Arsenal and sack Wenger. We shied away from going too young the first time round but it looks like we're there now. Arteta is the guy KSE want.

If you remember, Unai wasn't even on the shortlist and it was Raul that got him the interview. Didn't take long for both Raul and Unai to get the sack. KSE didn't believe in Unai in the first place but they listened to Raul. Now we don't even have an experienced DOF in football to even question them. We're in trouble. Edu also needs sacking. This guy fired all of our scouts and now we've hired a 3rd party company to hire more scouts. Why is it a third party? Why isn't Edu making that decision?

You’re right yes that seems to be the case, likewise a just Emery, he appeared at the last minute, I was somewhat relieved as Arteta was being earmarked prior to that, but low and behold we sacked Emery and brought in our first choice Arteta and whereas Emery got little or no support and got sacked after 18 months, Arteta after a pretty poor performance stays on.

But then this club is all about double standards, remember how Pepe was castigated for getting sent off whilst Xhaka was excused by Arteta, or how about we’ve played the morally superior card with this self sustaining model and then are one of the primary advocates of this failed super league.

Or how about how we sacked 55 employees during a pandemic but brought in Willian on megabucks and of course how we sacked Gunnersaurus who’d been with us for many many years.

Then there’s Xhaka swearing at fans and never apologising and being brought back in by Arteta, it’s like it never happened now.

Now we’re being linked with a keeper who is facing a ban until 2022.

I don’t recognise this club, it really has become one of the worst football clubs to support around, there’s so little it does the right way these days.

You’re right about Edu too, I thought he might bring something different, but he seems to be like all the others, now of them seem to make an ounce of difference or believe in accountability it seems, if Edu did Arteta would be out of a job by now.

We've really lost our way. If we have another awful summer in the transfer window, Edu should be sacked before Arteta. He has to pull off something special this window.

As for Arteta, he looks needs to have a strong start to the season. I was happy with the way he sorted out the defence and he's been talking about the 'process' in stages. I think the players are working hard and there is a more disciplined mentality but this second phase where we're now more ball dominant looks atrocious. Haven’t been happy with the football we play or the handling of certain incidents recently. Again, hopefully he sorts it out because I have zero faith in the decision makers at the club and especially if their wedded to this idea of finding the next big thing in management.

You can see for the players were being linked with were very much looking at cut price or cheap options, this backs up the theory that we don’t have much to spend due to our mounting losses and lack of income next season with no European football.

That makes for a tough summer with little room for
manoeuvre, if I’m honest I’m not sure what Edu will be able to deliver, we need to raise significant money from player sales, but with where we are as a club the players we want to offload probably aren’t in that much demand.

Last season will have a big impact on our summer, that’s why such a poor performances should have meant we employed someone new, at least then new players could be sold the vision of a new manager, people will see what Arteta has done and think no thanks.

The club has little to offer new players now, if we can’t pay megabucks we won’t attract anybody of note because why would the want to come to a club on such a downward trajectory with an unknown manager who’s performed so poorly and no European football if they have better options.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby KG3 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:57 am

Thinking about it Arteta is a lot more like Mourinho than Pep, we play defensive football like Jose but terribly and again the counter attacks are pretty poor also.

Like Jose, Arteta is neglecting all these talented young players we have Saliba, Mavropanos, Guendouzi, Azeez, Martinelli, Balogun etc.

The damage is already done with most of them, just like De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku went on to succeed after Chelsea I’m sure some of not all of them will succeed after us, as I don’t see any of them sticking around with Arteta in charge.

Only difference between us and Chelsea when the damage is done and Arteta is gone when we need good players now multiple positions, we will be asking ourselves why did we let that world class player go, unlike Chelsea we don’t have the funds for our fans not be saying thinks like we should have kept Salah etc

You watch 5 years from now Martinelli will doing well for another top team and we will sign 30 year old Werner from Chelsea looking for a retirement home, all because the current dictator neglected him to play another Chelsea has been :lol:
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:59 am

Well Arteta out-lasted the other 2, but had the owners done what they were supposed to do Arteta would be out as well.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:59 pm

Vieira is the new Palace manager.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:30 pm

Good luck to him. Massive opportunity for him.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:31 pm

Yeah good luck to Vieira, hope he does well there.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:34 pm

Half their squad is out of contract. Massive rebuild ahead. He’s heading into trouble.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:05 pm

AnCeLoTtI just won the league in Spain

First man to win the title in big 5 leagues

What a monumental clanger by our board
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:16 pm

Ach wrote:AnCeLoTtI just won the league in Spain

Still life in the old dog. Good for him.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:18 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Ach wrote:AnCeLoTtI just won the league in Spain

Still life in the old dog. Good for him.

Yeah always liked him. Plays football the right way and takes no shit.

Probably why our board didn't want him. Imagine them telling him they are delighted with 8th as they did with Arteta
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:21 pm

Funny this thread being dragged up again by the same people who suffered the absolute humiliation after bigging up AbCeLOTtI last year… just before he crashed and burned. :rofll:
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:22 pm

The squirming has begun
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:24 pm

Ach wrote:The squirming has begun

lol.
I remember you fanboying him and revelling on it when he was above Arteta in the table… then getting crushed.
But thanks for reminding me.
Gave me a chuckle.
You didn’t learn though, you did the same with BeNiTeZ :lol:

I think Sam Allerdyce would win La Liga with Real.
Barcelona are shit. It’s like winning the Scottish league with Celtic after Rangers got relegated.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk