Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
57%
Ancelotti
43%

Total votes : 46

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Santi » Wed May 04, 2022 9:39 pm

DON CARLO takes the W

Mikel can only dream to be half as good, Jose non-league tier compared to those two.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Wed May 04, 2022 11:19 pm

Ach wrote:AnCeLoTtI is finished we were told

Tbf it's Real Madrid, he has a heck of a team / club to manage.

I mean from what I've seen Real has so many good professional's in the background at the club it practically manages itself, lets not pretend Zidane was a managerial savant.

They have the best staff in Spain at their grounds, at one time it was Barcelona, now it seems its back with Real.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu May 05, 2022 6:11 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

I mean from what I've seen Real has so many good professional's in the background at the club it practically manages itself, lets not pretend Zidane was a managerial savant.

They have the best staff in Spain at their grounds, at one time it was Barcelona, now it seems its back with Real.

Real still have a good team but it's an old team and I put a lot of value on managers that can work with players bought by previous managers and still get the best out of them. That's why I have a lot of time for Ancelotti. Real have hardly spent a penny on new players for the past two seasons. Most managers would want a massive budget and look to clear out ageing players. Pep is a prime example.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 05, 2022 10:48 am

Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

Real still have a good team but it's an old team and I put a lot of value on managers that can work with players bought by previous managers and still get the best out of them. That's why I have a lot of time for Ancelotti. Real have hardly spent a penny on new players for the past two seasons. Most managers would want a massive budget and look to clear out ageing players. Pep is a prime example.

This, its proper management, if you call yourself a manager you should be able to do this, work with what you have.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 05, 2022 10:56 am

theHotHead wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

This, its proper management, if you call yourself a manager you should be able to do this, work with what you have.

Totally agree with this, buying a new team is the easier way, working with players you have and improving their performances takes great management.

Ancelotti is a great manager one of the best around.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Thu May 05, 2022 10:58 am

DiamondGooner wrote:

I’m not sure I agree, it’s very hard to go there with the expectation and the big names and ego’s, many managers have failed and been sacked.

Moreover this isn’t the best Real team, as PNG stated they have a fair amount of ageing players.

What they did against PSG, Chelsea and now City shows there’s special team spirit there, apparently the players love Ancelotti.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 05, 2022 11:02 am

I agree, I watched he PSG and Chelsea games and the way Real stuck in there and came back to win was exceptional !!! Didn't watch the Man City game but find myself not being surprised that, yet again against overwhelming odds, Real did it again !!! It aint no fluke at this point.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu May 05, 2022 2:41 pm

Ancelotti is a different type of manager to Jose and Arteta. The latter two bark orders, insist on their style of play, and throw players under the bus if results are bad.

Toni Kroos about the players assisting Ancelotti vs Manchester City:

"The coach himself had doubts about who he would bring in now and who not. Then we exchanged opinions and that's just the way he is, if he has doubts he talks to us. That's why he gets along so well with the team."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqsp3_OcnvM&t=5s

People will say this indicates weakness, that he can't put his stamp on the team. As if it's the manager's job to revamp the club in his own personal image. It's not. It's about getting the best out of the players you have.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 05, 2022 8:04 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:Ancelotti is a different type of manager to Jose and Arteta. The latter two bark orders, insist on their style of play, and throw players under the bus if results are bad.

Toni Kroos about the players assisting Ancelotti vs Manchester City:

"The coach himself had doubts about who he would bring in now and who not. Then we exchanged opinions and that's just the way he is, if he has doubts he talks to us. That's why he gets along so well with the team."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqsp3_OcnvM&t=5s

People will say this indicates weakness, that he can't put his stamp on the team. As if it's the manager's job to revamp the club in his own personal image. It's not. It's about getting the best out of the players you have.

There's no problem with that at all.

A true manager does whatever works ........... crap manager's who fail are the ones who's ego's make it all about themselves.

Carlo knew his players will probably be able to feel what's best in a very pressurised do or die situation, they told him their opinion ........... and they had one of the best come backs in CL history.

No shame in that at all.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu May 05, 2022 8:08 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

I’m not sure I agree, it’s very hard to go there with the expectation and the big names and ego’s, many managers have failed and been sacked.

Moreover this isn’t the best Real team, as PNG stated they have a fair amount of ageing players.

What they did against PSG, Chelsea and now City shows there’s special team spirit there, apparently the players love Ancelotti.

You say that but about it not being the best Real team but Benzema is having one of the best CL campaigns of his career, he's not been this good for a while, he's elite right now.

The fight in the team seems much higher also and they are clealry winning La Liga, yes the manager can be credited with that but I mean in terms of talent, Kroo's, Benzema, Modric, Marcelo, Vini Jr, Hazard ......... these are WC players.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Thu May 05, 2022 8:50 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:

You say that but about it not being the best Real team but Benzema is having one of the best CL campaigns of his career, he's not been this good for a while, he's elite right now.

The fight in the team seems much higher also and they are clealry winning La Liga, yes the manager can be credited with that but I mean in terms of talent, Kroo's, Benzema, Modric, Marcelo, Vini Jr, Hazard ......... these are WC players.

But that also says something about the manager to the very best performance out of him towards the end of his career.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Fri May 06, 2022 12:59 am

Ancelotti and Jose both in European finals this season....
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Wed May 25, 2022 9:11 pm

Jose wins a European trophy

Ancelotti in the CL final
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat May 28, 2022 9:36 pm