Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:26 am

Power n Glory wrote:
Ach wrote:He's been available 3 times since Wenger left

Wtf is our board doing?

We're just a joke. If things don't work out with Arteta and we're forced to sack him mid-season after backing him in the summer, you have to worry about our next managerial appointment. Before Arteta we were flirting with the idea of giving Freddie Ljunberg the job! The people running this club are no good at talent spotting which makes me real nervous about them passing up managers like Ancelotti, Allegri, Conte, Tuchel, Pochettino, Sarri, Jardim, Benitez....

Next appointment will probably be a disaster as well. If it's not a Henry or Vieira, I fear they'll gamble on another untested midtable coach like Howe or Nuno or go for one of the international managers that's sacked or steps down after the Euros.

You’re abolutely spot on, a manager should be sacked now now 3 months into a deal thus ruining yet another season!

You’re right about the people in charge as well, they don’t have a clue what makes a good manager, that’s why they pass up all the best candidates and sign up people like Arteta on lucrative long term contracts without them having as much as managed.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Paddy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:46 am

if we really are paying 5m a year for arteta then heads need to roll

absolute madness.
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:32 am

Paddy wrote:if we really are paying 5m a year for arteta then heads need to roll

absolute madness.

He shouldn't be getting 50 pounds a year.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:38 am

Getting paid that much for what is tantamount to "work experience" takes the piss !
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:15 pm

Spurs apparently talking to Conte .....

Meanwhile at Arsenal .......
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:29 pm

KG3 wrote:Probably a good thing we didn’t get Carlo now, deffo would have left us for Madrid also lol

Disgraceful how he ditched Everton for Real. Especially when this Real job is a cesspool right now, with their most legendary figure of the last 20 years coming out and voicing his feelings against the club and Florentino Perez.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:43 pm

when the fulcrum of your team

the GK and the DM are midtable guys prone to egregious errors...

dont know what Mou or Ancelotti can do with THAT
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:49 pm

theHotHead wrote:Spurs apparently talking to Conte .....

Yeah we’re a joke, the whole club strives for mediocrity, even some of the fans praise some of what we do.

All we do is sit and watch as other clubs try to make moves to improve and bring success, it’s embarrassing.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:32 pm

Özim wrote:

Yeah we’re a joke, the whole club strives for mediocrity, even some of the fans praise some of what we do.

All we do is sit and watch as other clubs try to make moves to improve and bring success, it’s embarrassing.

The shock of it.
Some fans praise some of what we do. How dare they.
:dontknow:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:02 pm

Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Wtf is our board doing?

We're just a joke. If things don't work out with Arteta and we're forced to sack him mid-season after backing him in the summer, you have to worry about our next managerial appointment. Before Arteta we were flirting with the idea of giving Freddie Ljunberg the job! The people running this club are no good at talent spotting which makes me real nervous about them passing up managers like Ancelotti, Allegri, Conte, Tuchel, Pochettino, Sarri, Jardim, Benitez....

Next appointment will probably be a disaster as well. If it's not a Henry or Vieira, I fear they'll gamble on another untested midtable coach like Howe or Nuno or go for one of the international managers that's sacked or steps down after the Euros.

You’re abolutely spot on, a manager should be sacked now now 3 months into a deal thus ruining yet another season!

You’re right about the people in charge as well, they don’t have a clue what makes a good manager, that’s why they pass up all the best candidates and sign up people like Arteta on lucrative long term contracts without them having as much as managed.

I think KSE have gone for the same strategy that has helped the LA Rams. They gave a shot to a young and inexperienced coach and it's paid off for them with the Rams. I remember reading about the Rams new coach back in 2017 because there was a suggestion that Kroenke could look to apply the same strategy at Arsenal and sack Wenger. We shied away from going too young the first time round but it looks like we're there now. Arteta is the guy KSE want.

If you remember, Unai wasn't even on the shortlist and it was Raul that got him the interview. Didn't take long for both Raul and Unai to get the sack. KSE didn't believe in Unai in the first place but they listened to Raul. Now we don't even have an experienced DOF in football to even question them. We're in trouble. Edu also needs sacking. This guy fired all of our scouts and now we've hired a 3rd party company to hire more scouts. Why is it a third party? Why isn't Edu making that decision?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Angelito » Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:56 pm

I think Raul's first choice was Enrique. Gazidis wanted Arteta and Sven was in favor of a German manager (Rangnick?). I don't exactly remember.

Enrique told them that we'd need heavy investment. In came Emery, who guaranteed to improve existing players and work on a project that wouldn't need massive fundings. He was also a yes-man.

Problem with the Kroenkes is that they didn't want another larger-than-life manager in-charge after Wenger. That would be fine if we had a club legend ready to take over, as in the cases of Barca and Real. We didn't.

Unai sold them the dream of La Masia v.2. Subsequently, Arteta—probably—convinced them that he'd pull off basement bargains to complement our existing crop of players.

I wouldn't mind a top coach failing at Arsenal. You try, you fail. That's how it is. However, this aversion to any top name is rotting the club. The Kroenkes are so scared of another Wenger-esque icon that they are willing to shy away from Conte and Zidane.

We make no qualms in hiring shady figures like Sanllehi, or Edu—who was entangled in a corruption scandal with our dearest Joorabchian—but we have massive issues hiring a ambitious coach.

The desire to be in this closed-shop super league, the owners' inhibition in hiring top managers... It really convinces me that these folks are happy as long as we qualify for Europe. It could be the Europa League or this new, Conference League. UCL qualification appears to be a bonus for them.

It's either that or they're simply used to the American way of doing things where the government will bail you out for your incompetence.

On a different note, the Kroenkes should have bought Spurs or a club like Newcastle to be honest. They're just a misfit at Arsenal. They had years of Wenger but remained passive. Today, they refuse to hire a top manager. You wonder, what is it that they want?

Should have stuck to American sports. At least in those shores, they have explicit corporate-serving leaders and McDonald's fans. Communitarian spirit will always allude them.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:00 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

The shock of it.

When the season has been such a shocker, most people can see there’s no praise to be given for the manager who made this disaster happen with his incompetence.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:13 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Özim wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Wtf is our board doing?

I think KSE have gone for the same strategy that has helped the LA Rams. They gave a shot to a young and inexperienced coach and it's paid off for them with the Rams. I remember reading about the Rams new coach back in 2017 because there was a suggestion that Kroenke could look to apply the same strategy at Arsenal and sack Wenger. We shied away from going too young the first time round but it looks like we're there now. Arteta is the guy KSE want.

If you remember, Unai wasn't even on the shortlist and it was Raul that got him the interview. Didn't take long for both Raul and Unai to get the sack. KSE didn't believe in Unai in the first place but they listened to Raul. Now we don't even have an experienced DOF in football to even question them. We're in trouble. Edu also needs sacking. This guy fired all of our scouts and now we've hired a 3rd party company to hire more scouts. Why is it a third party? Why isn't Edu making that decision?

You’re right yes that seems to be the case, likewise a just Emery, he appeared at the last minute, I was somewhat relieved as Arteta was being earmarked prior to that, but low and behold we sacked Emery and brought in our first choice Arteta and whereas Emery got little or no support and got sacked after 18 months, Arteta after a pretty poor performance stays on.

But then this club is all about double standards, remember how Pepe was castigated for getting sent off whilst Xhaka was excused by Arteta, or how about we’ve played the morally superior card with this self sustaining model and then are one of the primary advocates of this failed super league.

Or how about how we sacked 55 employees during a pandemic but brought in Willian on megabucks and of course how we sacked Gunnersaurus who’d been with us for many many years.

Then there’s Xhaka swearing at fans and never apologising and being brought back in by Arteta, it’s like it never happened now.

Now we’re being linked with a keeper who is facing a ban until 2022.

I don’t recognise this club, it really has become one of the worst football clubs to support around, there’s so little it does the right way these days.

You’re right about Edu too, I thought he might bring something different, but he seems to be like all the others, now of them seem to make an ounce of difference or believe in accountability it seems, if Edu did Arteta would be out of a job by now.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Nuggets » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:02 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:

The shock of it.

When the season has been such a shocker, most people can see there’s no praise to be given for the manager who made this disaster happen with his incompetence.

Amazingly some people can't grasp that???? :dontknow:
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:12 am

Angelito wrote:I think Raul's first choice was Enrique. Gazidis wanted Arteta and Sven was in favor of a German manager (Rangnick?). I don't exactly remember.

Enrique told them that we'd need heavy investment. In came Emery, who guaranteed to improve existing players and work on a project that wouldn't need massive fundings. He was also a yes-man.

Problem with the Kroenkes is that they didn't want another larger-than-life manager in-charge after Wenger. That would be fine if we had a club legend ready to take over, as in the cases of Barca and Real. We didn't.

Unai sold them the dream of La Masia v.2. Subsequently, Arteta—probably—convinced them that he'd pull off basement bargains to complement our existing crop of players.

I wouldn't mind a top coach failing at Arsenal. You try, you fail. That's how it is. However, this aversion to any top name is rotting the club. The Kroenkes are so scared of another Wenger-esque icon that they are willing to shy away from Conte and Zidane.

We make no qualms in hiring shady figures like Sanllehi, or Edu—who was entangled in a corruption scandal with our dearest Joorabchian—but we have massive issues hiring a ambitious coach.

The desire to be in this closed-shop super league, the owners' inhibition in hiring top managers... It really convinces me that these folks are happy as long as we qualify for Europe. It could be the Europa League or this new, Conference League. UCL qualification appears to be a bonus for them.

It's either that or they're simply used to the American way of doing things where the government will bail you out for your incompetence.

On a different note, the Kroenkes should have bought Spurs or a club like Newcastle to be honest. They're just a misfit at Arsenal. They had years of Wenger but remained passive. Today, they refuse to hire a top manager. You wonder, what is it that they want?

Should have stuck to American sports. At least in those shores, they have explicit corporate-serving leaders and McDonald's fans. Communitarian spirit will always allude them.

Yep, I remember Enrique being linked and it would make sense that he was also another Raul connection. But the reasoning for him not getting the job, Emery losing his job and KSE looking for a 'yes man' doesn't make much sense anymore.

They've gone and promoted Arteta from a first team coach to a manager in less than a year. The structure we thought they were trying to break away from under Wenger is being built up again. Arteta is getting the 'super manger' PR spin, he's front and centre when addressing Arsenal mattes, similar to how it was under Wenger and it looks like Edu or Vinai have no authority to sack him.

I don't know where we headed and Arteta doesn't sound like a 'yes man' either. He's out there saying we need major changes in terms of players and they're going along with it. It's nuts. Why are they listening to him now and backing him all the way over more experienced managers they've been in contact with?
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk