Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
59%
Ancelotti
41%

Total votes : 44

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Dejan » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:38 pm

Should of phrased it to recent winners then.

I dont think so tbh. If things dont go well with the proven manager, then atleast there is still his experience(and my hope) that he knows how to build a winning team.

On the other hand, if things dont go well with the rookie, then tbh there is absolutely nothing to hope for.

So no, i dont think they should get equal time. We are supposed to be a top club, not the kindergarten.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:47 pm

We’re not a top club anymore and haven’t been for 10 years.

We’re now in the realm of gambling on youngsters coming good (again) and a rookie manager finding his feet quickly. We can’t afford to pay Jose 15m a year to do hardly any better and eventually bankrupt us. Carlo you can argue for but he was doing shit at Napoli, laughed out of Bayern and isn’t that dissimilar to Wenger in the fact he’s from the older school of football.

I would have preferred Allegri or Poch but we are where we are. I don’t see many better options and Nuno was just as much of a gamble as Arteta so I can see why they went with him if the former two weren’t available.

Now he’s here he deserves time, he’s had no money in Jan so not even a transfer window. He’s already recorded a win over United, a creditable draw when down to 10 against Chelsea, a win over resurgent Everton and seems to have gotten a good mood back amongst the players. For sure going out of the EL was shit but we hardly got destroyed, we were poor but 2 mins from going through. For sure we could have done better in some PL games since he took over but what do people expect? Instant Klopp/Pep football?

If senior players seem to trust and believe in him then I’m willing to give him at least a good crack next season to prove he’s got something worth investing in.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:29 pm

aniym wrote:Everton are level on points with us. They were in the relegation zone before Carlo arrived.

Forget about Spurs and their CL quality side. WTF do Everton have that they've managed to improve that much?

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:58 am

Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Özim wrote:
CaptGooner wrote:Dodged a bullet with Mou.. Some of Arteta’s subs have been questionable but Mou has been shocking.

Mourinho has no decent strikers fit, doesn’t exactly have a flood of options.

And where is our flood of decent midfielders ??

Torreira is one, but the guy has to play 2nd fiddle to Xhaka.

Luiz could also play there and offer creativity but he's stuck at the back when we have Mari, Holding, Sokratis (and have Mavropanos we sent out on loan who has been decent in Germany. Pepe is creative but needs more time.

Our midfield is far from perfect don't get me wrong, but we could be better if the right players were picked.

Strikers are more important as they score the goals, without them you struggle to win matches.

What it boils down to for me though is that Arteta is doing a lot wrong and not much right, I can't see how this guy can take us forward, the hype machine went into overdrive, we heard stuff about him being the new Guardiola/Klopp, being the reason for Guardiolas success, a guy who knows football inside out etc......to me based on the basic errors and inability to even pick the best team he looks like the rookie he is.

Sums it up nicey :clap:

Sums it up nicely?? Wtf!!!

Arteta's games/points record is marginally worse than the managers that have a better record, so if Arteta is hardly getting anything right then neither are the others!!

Unless of course you man are exaggerating no end, which we all know is the truth.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:52 am

On top of results generally being really hard work under Arteta, the performance have mostly been really uninspiring, he's not bringing anything new to the table.

Has someone eluded to before, what we should be playing is fast paced football, not this slow, boring, predictable stuff he has us playing, he's really doing himself no favours, what we needed was a breath of fresh air, someone who understood we need to change things, instead we've got what looks like a mini Wenger, the worst possible scenario.

Got no faith in the guy right now, just wanted him replaced in the summer ideally, I'm not interested in project youth the manager version as PNG mentioned, this isn't a nursery, you either deliver or your out and so far he's failed miserably, still nowhere in the league and now out of the only competition we could get CL at an embarrassing strange, he's doing a terrible job, worse that I expected in fact.

I'm not buying the excuse about the players either, we're not world beaters but we're a lot better than we're seeing, the players don't look particularly hungry on the pitch, even though we beat Everton (because lets' face it we had a top striker which as mentioned before makes a huge difference), Evertons' football was briliiant, Ancelotti clearly has made a difference both on the pitch and in the league position and brought someone new.

They're being linked with Lozano at the moment, what a signing if they pulled it off, he's a quality player, meanwhile we're getting linked with nobodies.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:06 pm

Yaaaawn !! We are steadily moving up the table and the complaints are even louder from some of you.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:17 pm

Steadily moving up the table? When emery left we were 8th i believe. We are 10th now

Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:51 pm

We should jump up the table over the next 4-5 games if we win them all.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:59 pm

Dejan wrote:Steadily moving up the table? When emery left we were 8th i believe. We are 10th now

lol it's only moving up if the table is upside down.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:03 pm

theHotHead wrote:Yaaaawn !! We are steadily moving up the table and the complaints are even louder from some of you.

No, we're complaining because we've been poor, boring to watch, having to endure watching players that aren't good enough play all the time despite their being other options, dropping down the table and getting knocked out of the only competition that still mattered to us.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:26 pm

Football genius Ancelotti thought a certain Thierry Henry wouldn’t make it and sold him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:33 pm

swipe right wrote:Football genius Ancelotti thought a certain Thierry Henry wouldn’t make it and sold him.

Every manager makes mistakes, Wenger got rid of Gnabry for peanuts rather than play him, he's now a world star and bought rubbish left right and centre.

Facts are Ancelotti has won trophies everywhere, leagues, CL etc not manager managers have, he's proven, so yes in that sense he is a bit of a genius, you don't win 3 CLs and leagues in many different countries without being good.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:52 pm

Özim wrote:
swipe right wrote:Football genius Ancelotti thought a certain Thierry Henry wouldn’t make it and sold him.

Every manager makes mistakes, Wenger got rid of Gnabry for peanuts rather than play him, he's now a world star and bought rubbish left right and centre.

Facts are Ancelotti has won trophies everywhere, leagues, CL etc not manager managers have, he's proven, so yes in that sense he is a bit of a genius, you don't win 3 CLs and leagues in many different countries without being good.

No manager in the history of football has got fired as many times as this bloke.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:16 pm

swipe right wrote:
Özim wrote:

No manager in the history of football has got fired as many times as this bloke.

Doesn’t change the fact he’s won leagues and champions leagues, He knows how to win and what we needed was someone to get us to qualify for the CL then we could have reassessed.

Arteta certainly wasn’t the answer, someone like Allegri or Simeone would have been the logical choice then, now we’ll probably watch them join other clubs and be successful whilst we continue to fail.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Dejan » Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:36 pm

Özim wrote:
Dejan wrote:Steadily moving up the table? When emery left we were 8th i believe. We are 10th now

lol it's only moving up if the table is upside down.
Lold

Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk