Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby KG3 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:47 pm

Özim wrote:Anyone care to explain their decision to pick Arteta over Ancelotti and the basis for this, I’d be very interested?

Arteta is the cheaper option and a yes man whereas Ancelloti a proven winner would have been to much for them to handle.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:33 pm

People backing Arteta want the continuation of a dynasty, like w/ Wenger or SAF. They live in a fantasy world thinking that Arteta's great footballing intelligence will be enough to overcome a defeatist internal culture, poor outgoing transfer record and ineffective club ownership.

Managers like Ancelotti scare them because he's not a long-term guy. They can't imagine Arsenal being a modern club where the manager is not also the exchquequer and supreme ruler.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:49 pm

Özim wrote:Anyone care to explain their decision to pick Arteta over Ancelotti and the basis for this, I’d be very interested?

I thought Ancelotti was only good at the biggest clubs with the biggest budgets, I thought he would be shit at Arsenal so wanted Arteta over him, I never really rated him, his successes were all done at the biggest clubs in their respective leagues. I thought Arteta would come with some fresh ideas, didn't want dinosaur ideas.

Will wait until the end of the season, if Everton have maintained the level I will concede that I was wrong about Ancelotti.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:17 pm

Fair enough, Arteta has had no new ideas though, he’s not really had any ideas really, just one flawed tactic.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:20 pm

He has been a f***ing tragedy, has Arteta. I can't believe you could be this shit even if you tried to be this shit!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:10 pm

Ancelotti has already destroyed arteta lol.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:01 am

Go back to when the hires were made.

Ancelotti was coming off two underperformances at Bayern and Napoli. His Bayern got smacked by Madrid and his protégé (albeit one of the best club sides of all-time in fairness) in the quarters of the CL, and his Napoli failed to advance from their CL group and lost to Emery's Arsenal in the quarters of the EL. For a cup manager, it wasn't looking pretty. Also, Napoli went from finishing 4 points off Juve to finishing 11 points behind.

Arteta had a blank slate. It was high-risk, high-reward.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby swipe right » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:08 am

Ancelotti spent 67 mil and is sitting in second.
Arteta spent 77 mil and is sitting in fifteenth.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Dejan » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:45 am

LMAO wrote:

Ancelotti was coming off two underperformances at Bayern and Napoli. His Bayern got smacked by Madrid and his protégé (albeit one of the best club sides of all-time in fairness) in the quarters of the CL, and his Napoli failed to advance from their CL group and lost to Emery's Arsenal in the quarters of the EL. For a cup manager, it wasn't looking pretty. Also, Napoli went from finishing 4 points off Juve to finishing 11 points behind.

High reward based on what? A good interview?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:03 am

Dejan wrote:
LMAO wrote:

Yep. This is how Trump ended up as President. You can see the experienced guys record and it's not that exciting so imaginations run wild when someone with zero experience throws his hat in and starts talking. The risks weren't factored in, just the rewards.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby LMAO » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 am

Dejan wrote:
LMAO wrote:

"a blank slate"

Said when Arteta was hired that it could go great and we could have the next hotshot manager who takes Arsenal back to the top of the mountain (the high-reward part), or it could be a dumpster fire due to his inexperience (the high-risk part).
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:47 am

LMAO wrote:
Dejan wrote:
LMAO wrote:

"a blank slate"

Said when Arteta was hired that it could go great and we could have the next hotshot manager who takes Arsenal back to the top of the mountain (the high-reward part), or it could be a dumpster fire due to his inexperience (the high-risk part).

Probability would suggest the latter was much much much more likely, this is no different to deciding to give Xhaka the job (if he’d done his badges), there’s zero evidence he’s qualified, it’s basically a stab in the dark in the hope we by some miracle stumble upon someone decent.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:15 am

You can say that about pretty much any manager lol. High risk, high reward.

I for one knew arteta would flop. Said as much before he took the job and after. Didn't want him then. Didn't want him after the cup win and don't want him now.

Nothing he's done has proved me wrong unfortunately.
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Alexis » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:01 am

Ach wrote:You can say that about pretty much any manager lol. High risk, high reward.

I for one knew arteta would flop. Said as much before he took the job and after. Didn't want him then. Didn't want him after the cup win and don't want him now.

That's cute. What about all the other 100 things you got wrong? When you going to own up to them?
Alexis
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Ach » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:48 am

Alexis wrote:
Ach wrote:You can say that about pretty much any manager lol. High risk, high reward.

That's cute. What about all the other 100 things you got wrong? When you going to own up to them?

Lol rarely wrong son. It's why you have this laughable animosity towards me in every post. Please keep it coming. Making you look a dick is never wrong.
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk