Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
57%
Ancelotti
43%

Total votes : 46

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:08 am

The reason is because some people scoffed at the idea of having Mourinho and Ancelotti, claiming they were past it and that Arteta was a better choice, others couldn't really understand it as two managers had won everything in the game numerous times, whilst Arteta had never even managed.

It's one thing saying we would have liked him but unfortunately the club didn't share the same view, but it's completely different actually preferring someone with zero experience that realistically has little or no chance ever achieving what the others have and claiming he's actually a better choice.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:13 am

Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51428026

Only Liverpool have picked up more points than Everton since Ancelotti took over.

Yes it's what I was saying, Ancelotti is performing miracles right now, Everton are looking really good, but with a manager with his record you know what you're getting, he's managed in England before as well and won the double no less so he knows what he's doing.

He's a winner.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby elkanofan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:14 am

Losmeister wrote:why would there even be a thread comparinf a rookie to multiple Cl winning coaches?

doesnt make sense to me...
I think the great thing about this thread will be to look back at this in a years time and see the results of us passing on Ancelotti for Arteta.

Seeing where Everton and Spurs are this time next year will define the board and if it was a good decision or a total f***ing disaster.

So far even though i like Arteta its not going well considering Ancelotti was available.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:21 am

Özim wrote:
Ach wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51428026

Only Liverpool have picked up more points than Everton since Ancelotti took over.

Yes it's what I was saying, Ancelotti is performing miracles right now, Everton are looking really good, but with a manager with his record you know what you're getting, he's managed in England before as well and won the double no less so he knows what he's doing.

He's a winner.

It's a pity the board didn't get him before the Toffees, trust our penny pinching morons to fook it up, still who knows Arteta might surprise us all and start a new record, for the most draws by any team in the football league. Since Carlo Ancelotti's first game as Everton manager in December, only Premier League leaders Liverpool have earned more points than their city rivals, makes you think doesn't it why we didn't get him????? :dontknow:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:49 am

Many that didn't want Mourinho didnt want him because he is a classless prick and he turns the club into a circus. Spurs can keep him, I doubt I could have continued supporting Arsenal while he was manager - had we brought him in.

Clubs that hire Mourinho sell their souls to the devil - for the chance of winning silverware. I don't want him anywhere near our club
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:04 am

Again I will make the same point. Mourinho had a much better starting point at Spurs, taking over a squad that finished in the top 4 the season before and reached the CL final.

Ancelotti took over a club that in the last 5 years have had Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce, Silva, Ferguson and Ancelotti. In that same time Arsenal have had Wenger, Emery, Ljungberg and Arteta.

The Everton players are used to change, the Arsenal players have to lose the Wenger mentality. Everton were also already on an upward trajectory BEFORE Ancelotti took over, so he alone is not responsible for their improvement.

Arteta has the hardest and biggest job to do.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:34 am

theHotHead wrote:Again I will make the same point. Mourinho had a much better starting point at Spurs, taking over a squad that finished in the top 4 the season before and reached the CL final.

Ancelotti took over a club that in the last 5 years have had Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce, Silva, Ferguson and Ancelotti. In that same time Arsenal have had Wenger, Emery, Ljungberg and Arteta.

The Everton players are used to change, the Arsenal players have to lose the Wenger mentality. Everton were also already on an upward trajectory BEFORE Ancelotti took over, so he alone is not responsible for their improvement.

I agree, perhaps that why they should have brought somebody in with a proven track record of a manager and not just given it to a man with NO experience of managing a football team. Our club is in a shit sate.
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:16 am

theHotHead wrote:Again I will make the same point. Mourinho had a much better starting point at Spurs, taking over a squad that finished in the top 4 the season before and reached the CL final.

The Spurs argument I can leave because they have finished above us for the last few seasons.

But Everton? Over the last 5 seasons they have finished 11th, 11th, 7th, 8th and 8th again. Now all of sudden they are better than us? Even when we were at our worst under Unai they weren't above us in the table and even after we fired Unai they weren't above us. They haven't finished in the top 4 in over a decade but we have the hardest job?

It just doesn't make sense. The worst of the 'turmoil' you have spoken about was under Emery and Ljunberg. Everton were still below us in the table. Now that Arteta has come along we have first hand accounts from team members saying they are happier, feel more confident in the coach and tactics but we have fallen behind.

The season isn't over yet and we should catch up with Everton and overtake them but if we don't I'm not leaning on them being a better than us all of sudden.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:30 am

Power n Glory wrote:

The Spurs argument I can leave because they have finished above us for the last few seasons.

But Everton? Over the last 5 seasons they have finished 11th, 11th, 7th, 8th and 8th again. Now all of sudden they are better than us? Even when we were at our worst under Unai they weren't above us in the table and even after we fired Unai they weren't above us. They haven't finished in the top 4 in over a decade but we have the hardest job?

It just doesn't make sense. The worst of the 'turmoil' you have spoken about was under Emery and Ljunberg. Everton were still below us in the table. Now that Arteta has come along we have first hand accounts from team members saying they are happier, feel more confident in the coach and tactics but we have fallen behind.

The season isn't over yet and we should catch up with Everton and overtake them but if we don't I'm not leaning on them being a better than us all of sudden.

We were on an inevitable downward spiral.
Our REPUTATION as a top club helped us cling on to 5th / 6th. Teams would come to the Emirates and defend hoping for a draw. Same for some teams even at their home ground.
We picked up a lot of points simply because our opponents let us have possession and thus had far less chances to score.
No one in the league fears us now - they know they can win and actually have a good chance of winning.
We're the underdogs in every away game and not much of a favourite to win in home games against the lower teams.
Our posession stats have dropped and you've seen even relegation level teams have more shots on target than us in games.

In terms of squad, Everton have been stronger than us for a while.

As it stands we're bottom half quality.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:36 am

Everton's form changed under big dunc before ancelotti arrived, I wonder if duncan ferguson is the main reason everton are doing well.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 09, 2020 10:43 am

Tony Adams wrote:Everton's form changed under big dunc before ancelotti arrived, I wonder if duncan ferguson is the main reason everton are doing well.

Perhaps we can swap Arteta for big Dunc :hail:
Nuggets

Postby Power n Glory » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:07 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Our REPUTATION as a top club helped us cling on to 5th / 6th. Teams would come to the Emirates and defend hoping for a draw. Same for some teams even at their home ground.
We picked up a lot of points simply because our opponents let us have possession and thus had far less chances to score.
No one in the league fears us now - they know they can win and actually have a good chance of winning.
We're the underdogs in every away game and not much of a favourite to win in home games against the lower teams.
Our posession stats have dropped and you've seen even relegation level teams have more shots on target than us in games.

Stronger than us for a while but without finishing above us? Ok.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:23 pm

Nuggets wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:Everton's form changed under big dunc before ancelotti arrived, I wonder if duncan ferguson is the main reason everton are doing well.

Or swap ljungberg for him :dontknow:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:32 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:

Stronger than us for a while but without finishing above us? Ok.
Lold

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:44 pm

Tony Adams wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Or swap ljungberg for him :dontknow:

Or do the two for one deal :dontknow:
Nuggets

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk