Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:25 pm

The butt hurt is hilarious

The squirming continues
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:27 pm

Might as well mention Jose.

About to reach a European final. Fighting for 4th in Italy with Roma. A small club compared to the clubs they are battling with

We have ArTeTa
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 01, 2022 1:40 am

Jay if you don't think Benitez is a better manager than Arteta you have a screw loose my friend.

Had the Arsenal board done their job properly Arteta would've been sacked at Christmas in 2020!!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 01, 2022 6:00 am

theHotHead wrote:Jay if you don't think Benitez is a better manager than Arteta you have a screw loose my friend.

Had the Arsenal board done their job properly Arteta would've been sacked at Christmas in 2020!!

Amen to that brother. :clap:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 01, 2022 10:40 am

theHotHead wrote:Jay if you don't think Benitez is a better manager than Arteta you have a screw loose my friend.

Oh dear.
Benitez?
Good grief.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 01, 2022 11:06 am

He’s right Arteta should have been sacked, he was afforded a luxury others managers don’t get, he’s been able to get 8th twice with no repercussions, just more money to spend.

Arsenal is a club with no accountability and hasn’t beenfor a long long time.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Sun May 01, 2022 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 01, 2022 11:11 am

Salibatelli wrote:He’s right Arteta should have been sacked, he was afforded a luxury others managers don’t get.

Arsenal is a club with no accountability and has Ben for a long long time.

Should have? Maybe. I said the same at the time.
Luckily the club knew more than us and didn’t pull the trigger as he’s gone on to completely turn the club around since then and put is on a trajectory we’ve been wishing as fans for over a decade. It’s good leadership.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 01, 2022 11:22 am

I don’t think the club knew anything, they just had no ambition and were happy to put up with substandard performance.

Not so sure it’s lucky, we could have been a better side of we’d got a top manager, we could well have won the EL and been in the CL already.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 01, 2022 11:27 am

Salibatelli wrote:I don’t think the club knew anything, they just had no ambition and were happy to put up with substandard performance.

Not so sure it’s lucky, we could have been a better side of we’d got a top manager, we could well have won the EL and been in the CL already.

Could we?
That’s just Speculation.
The decision to revamp the squad might never have been made. We could just as easily be continuing to die a slow death with a squad full of deadwood.
The names bandied around like Ancelotti and Benitez proved to be disasters for the clubs they went to.
We even had people saying we should have got Nuno.

Alternate realities are not useful.

The reality we live in is that ever since that time, Dec 2020 when we all though Arteta has to go, we’ve been one of the very best sides in the PL and the decision to keep him has been fully justified.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Sun May 01, 2022 11:36 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:I don’t think the club knew anything, they just had no ambition and were happy to put up with substandard performance.

Could we?
That’s just Speculation.
The decision to revamp the squad might never have been made. We could just as easily be continuing to die a slow death with a squad full of deadwood.
The names bandied around like Ancelotti and Benitez proved to be disasters for the clubs they went to.

The reality we live in is that ever since that time, Dec 2020 when we all though Arteta has to go, we’ve been one of the very best sides in the PL and the decision to keep him has been fully justified.

Yes definitely, the EL was there for the taking for us.

The squad overhaul is something any decent manager would have done, but probably in a more delicate way allowing us to recoup some transfer money thus allowing us to spend more on better players.

Plus the likes of Saliba, Guendouzi, Torreira, Mavropanos etc would have probably have had chances.

Think Martinelli would probably have been used more and may have developed more than he has.

What Arteta has done has been very extreme, too much so IMO, I also think he’s spent an awful lot of money and hasn’t delivered value for money.

There’s a lot of people who remain unconvinced with him because even though we currently sit 4th, it’s oddly not been very impressive.

I think we’ve been Ok but I don’t think we’re a particularly good side, Man City and Liverpool are good sides and they are light years ahead, 20 points ahead with defence that concede half as much and attacks that score twice as much.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 01, 2022 11:40 am

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Could we?
That’s just Speculation.

Yes definitely, the EL was there for the taking for us.

The squad overhaul is something any decent manager would have done, but probably in a more delicate way allowing us to recoup some transfer money thus allowing us to spend more on better players.

Plus the likes of Saliba, Guendouzi, Torreira, Mavropanos etc would have probably have had chances.

Think Martinelli would probably have been used more and may have developed more than he has.

What Arteta has done has been very extreme, too much so IMO, I also think he’s spent an awful lot of money and hasn’t delivered value for money.

There’s a lot of people who remain unconvinced with him because even though we currently sit 4th, it’s oddly not been very impressive.

I think we’ve been Ok but I don’t think we’re a particularly good side, Man City and Liverpool are good sides and they are light years ahead, 20 points ahead with defence that concede half as much and attacks that score twice as much.

We could have been relegated but for Arteta.

We were in trouble when he took over, not far from bottom 3. If it weren’t for Arteta we could have been the next Nottm Forest.
He saved the entire club and therefore the most important manager we have ever had.

Yes, that’s total speculation and an alternate reality, but it’s easy to do isn’t it…
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 01, 2022 1:49 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

Oh dear.
Benitez?
Good grief.

Arteta had better players at Arsenal and couldn't get them to play and shipped half of them out.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Wed May 04, 2022 8:13 pm

We can see how good Ancelotti was given where Everton are this season.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Wed May 04, 2022 8:25 pm

Ancelotti had them in the top 6 most of the season before they went on holiday mentally and few shit results at the end of the season had them mid table

If he stayed instead of going back to real to win the title and play in the latter stages of CL (not bad for AnCeLoTtI) then Everton are pushing top 6 this season

Biggest f**k up this board has made not getting him after Wenger, after emery and not sacking arteta for him
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Wed May 04, 2022 9:39 pm

AnCeLoTtI is finished we were told
Ach
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk