Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:35 pm

Rockape wrote:He's being outperformed by Moyes too.....who'd have thought that at the start of the season with the team West Ham have. No question from any of us that we have to improve and keep improving, but there just isn't any point in shouting for Arteta's head at the moment, because it just isn't going to happen.

If the fans turned on Arteta it might have more chance, right now the club feel under no pressure which I find odd as you’d think that from a business point of view progress up the league would make sense.

I just don’t get their mindset, the guy has been bang average since he arrived, why not move him on for the good of the football club?

Any sensible club would be looking at Everton and thinking where has it gone wrong with us, instead all we hear is that his job is safe, it’s the same rubbish we heard from the club for years with Wenger and to be fair he outperformed Arteta as well, let’s face it everyone has.

2 other managers joined at a similar time to go and both other clubs are above us, if they can do it you have to ask why Arteta isn’t able to, that’s just common sense really.

This king tern plan is BS, we’ll be another year and a half down the line with no progress if this guy stays in charge because all he wants to do is be a paycheque manager, he’s shown he can’t improve us off his own back.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:53 pm

Santi wrote:
aniym wrote:
Santi wrote:How are they outperforming when both have better squads?

Everton's transfer team outperformed ours, that's about it.

How on earth does Everton have a better squad when Iwobi is starting almost every game?

They are Top 4 because they have won more and lost fewer games than us. That comes down to the manager, and not individual talent like DCL.

They have a 10x better midfield which is the crucial point. People really think we have a more balanced squad than Everton?

Also Iwobi has started 13 games, half of their PL games but yeah almost every game. For the most part he’s been no worse than Pepe either, who btw has started 10 games for us in the PL.

Besides Digne and DCL, who would you have from their first XI, on current form?

James' has been no better than Saka, and Richarlison has fewer league goals than Lacazette.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Nuggets » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:
aniym wrote:

How on earth does Everton have a better squad when Iwobi is starting almost every game?

They are Top 4 because they have won more and lost fewer games than us. That comes down to the manager, and not individual talent like DCL.

They have a 10x better midfield which is the crucial point. People really think we have a more balanced squad than Everton?

Also Iwobi has started 13 games, half of their PL games but yeah almost every game. For the most part he’s been no worse than Pepe either, who btw has started 10 games for us in the PL.

That’s because Ancelotti identified the midfield as a weak area and addressed it, we just wasted our time on Aouar rather than having other targets, we could have got Rodriguez for example if we’d wanted to. We ended up with Partey in the end who is good but again we messed about and luckily he had a release clause.

In the end Arteta thought Ceballos was enough and then of course he brought in Odergaard.

As for the squads, we have a stronger squad, Ancelotti is doing a great job with Everton whereas Arteta is doing a poor job, that’s the difference, sending Saliba out on loan was a shocker as has been his use of the players on his squad, let’s not forget he merely stumbled across ESR after being unwilling to play him for months.

I’m sorry but the excuses for Arteta have to stop now, he’s been outperformed by Ancelotti and was also outperformed by his predecessor Emery who struggled with communication and in the end got sacked.

Strange some people can't see that. :sneaky2:
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:47 pm

I think whats more alarming is the fact that some Arsenal fans EXPECT Arteta to get this grace period and, others have pointed to this being a substantial period of rebuilding at the club and that Arteta is here for the medium to long term. This flummoxes me completely. Surely the same was true for Emery, after all, the club were in decline and the spectre of Wenger was all over the club, surely his appointment was the one that should have been medium to long term, to rebuild the club and the toxic environment after Wenger left.

But Emery was sacked not even halfway through his second season because results were seemingly not good enough. If that was the case for Emery - a proven manager and coach - why on earth is it not true for Arteta also who is a rookie? What credentials does Arteta have that allows him to get more leeway than an experienced manager, especially when you consider we are in a worse position than Emery ever put us in ?!

Makes no sense to me.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:48 pm

Özim wrote:
Rockape wrote:He's being outperformed by Moyes too.....who'd have thought that at the start of the season with the team West Ham have. No question from any of us that we have to improve and keep improving, but there just isn't any point in shouting for Arteta's head at the moment, because it just isn't going to happen.

If the fans turned on Arteta it might have more chance, right now the club feel under no pressure which I find odd as you’d think that from a business point of view progress up the league would make sense.

I just don’t get their mindset, the guy has been bang average since he arrived, why not move him on for the good of the football club?

Any sensible club would be looking at Everton and thinking where has it gone wrong with us, instead all we hear is that his job is safe, it’s the same rubbish we heard from the club for years with Wenger and to be fair he outperformed Arteta as well, let’s face it everyone has.

2 other managers joined at a similar time to go and both other clubs are above us, if they can do it you have to ask why Arteta isn’t able to, that’s just common sense really.

This king tern plan is BS, we’ll be another year and a half down the line with no progress if this guy stays in charge because all he wants to do is be a paycheque manager, he’s shown he can’t improve us off his own back.

I think the pressure would be different if fans were in the stadium. I don't think you'll find many that disagree about this season and needing a better manager.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:51 pm

aniym wrote:
Santi wrote:
aniym wrote:

James' has been no better than Saka, and Richarlison has fewer league goals than Lacazette.

Michael Keane walks in to our first team.

Doucoure is better than all our CMs by some considerable distance. Ridiculous how we went for partey when doucoure was available and cheaper and far better.

Richarlison gets in as well. So does Allan
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:28 pm

Ach wrote:Michael Keane walks in to our first team.

Doucoure is better than all our CMs by some considerable distance. Ridiculous how we went for partey when doucoure was available and cheaper and far better.

Oh hell no !!

Michael Keane was crap when he went to Everton and at best he is mediocre. I'd take Ben Godfrey and play him as our right back any day of the week. Doucorre is decent but Partey on form is world class and miles better than Doucourre. Richarlison gets in for sure
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:40 pm

Wanted Arteta over Carlo at the time for reasons I've already stated. Hasn't really worked out so far.

Except Moyes isn't the most successful UCL manager of all time alongside being one of the best modern-day managers.

theHotHead wrote:I think whats more alarming is the fact that some Arsenal fans EXPECT Arteta to get this grace period and, others have pointed to this being a substantial period of rebuilding at the club and that Arteta is here for the medium to long term. This flummoxes me completely. Surely the same was true for Emery, after all, the club were in decline and the spectre of Wenger was all over the club, surely his appointment was the one that should have been medium to long term, to rebuild the club and the toxic environment after Wenger left.

But Emery was sacked not even halfway through his second season because results were seemingly not good enough. If that was the case for Emery - a proven manager and coach - why on earth is it not true for Arteta also who is a rookie? What credentials does Arteta have that allows him to get more leeway than an experienced manager, especially when you consider we are in a worse position than Emery ever put us in ?!

Makes no sense to me.

I wanted Arsenal to hire Arteta over Emery when it came down to the two of them. In hindsight, it would have been a better time for Arteta to take over.

If Unai had half the charisma of Klopp and was half as eloquent, he would still be here, I feel. Unai lost the dressing room, so he had to go. He was also out of depth here.

It's rumored that Mislintat was the only one who didn't want us to hire either Emery or Arteta. Emery's experience and his EL record is what tilted it in favor of Unai. Gazidis had his eyes set on Arteta. Sanllehi actually wanted Enrique but Lucho told them that we needed a squad overhaul, whilst Emery sold them on improving existing players and incorporating youth. He did fulfill the latter promise.

All hearsay though.

It's surprising nonetheless. Both Tuchel and Conte were available that summer. Conte has a history of punching above his weight and Tuchel plays a high-press, attacking game. Those two would have been obvious contenders.

When Unai was sacked, Josh was involved in a more hands-on capacity with Sanllehi in hiring Arteta. Unless and until Arteta loses the dressing room, I can't see him departing.

Even if we spend £150-200m in the summer, and still find ourselves struggling to challenge for top-4, Arteta will remain Arsenal manager until the start of 22/23 at the very least.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:31 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:Michael Keane walks in to our first team.

Oh hell no !!

Michael Keane was crap when he went to Everton and at best he is mediocre. I'd take Ben Godfrey and play him as our right back any day of the week. Doucorre is decent but Partey on form is world class and miles better than Doucourre. Richarlison gets in for sure

Not sure if serious about doucoure and partey
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:21 pm

Doucoure has been pretty average. Questionable first touch, below average passing and gets exposed against better opposition.

Glad we avoided him. Many Everton fans don't seem to rate him that much either which says a lot.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Santi » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:28 pm

Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:
aniym wrote:

That’s because Ancelotti identified the midfield as a weak area and addressed it, we just wasted our time on Aouar rather than having other targets, we could have got Rodriguez for example if we’d wanted to. We ended up with Partey in the end who is good but again we messed about and luckily he had a release clause.

In the end Arteta thought Ceballos was enough and then of course he brought in Odergaard.

As for the squads, we have a stronger squad, Ancelotti is doing a great job with Everton whereas Arteta is doing a poor job, that’s the difference, sending Saliba out on loan was a shocker as has been his use of the players on his squad, let’s not forget he merely stumbled across ESR after being unwilling to play him for months.

I’m sorry but the excuses for Arteta have to stop now, he’s been outperformed by Ancelotti and was also outperformed by his predecessor Emery who struggled with communication and in the end got sacked.

So, like I said in the original post...Everton's transfer team outperformed ours.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:31 pm

aniym wrote:
Santi wrote:
aniym wrote:

Doucoure
Allan
Any other CM they have.
Coleman or even Godfrey at RB over Bellerin

Wouldn't have DCL btw, Auba and Laca are better. However, overall their squad is far more balanced than ours, both have good attackers and a shit defence...they have a good midfield while ours is wank.

Once again, as I said originally, Everton's transfer team outperformed ours. They signed decent-good players to fill their holes while we signed a crock who plays once a month :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:43 pm

Leno

Bellerin Keane Gabriel Digne

Doucoure Partey

Saka James Richarlison

Auba

We have 6. They have 5.

Touch and go between Allan and Partey. The rest were easy
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:23 am

Santi wrote:
Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:
aniym wrote:

So, like I said in the original post...Everton's transfer team outperformed ours.

Ancelotti has outperformed Arteta as well, at the end of the day Arteta picked the players he wanted to sign as well and he has a better squad that Ancelotti.

I’m not sure why you guys absolve Arteta of blame for this horror show, he’s the manager at the end of the day, he picks the teams, tactics etc and also chooses the players he wants to sign, it’s pretty he’s an average manager and there’s zero evidence to point to anything different.

If he needs to but a whole new team to improve we should pack his bags and take him to the airport.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Dejan » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:33 am

Ach wrote:Ancelotti came in, saw Everton's weakness and bought 3 players for that midfield that walk in to our team.

Arteta came in, saw our weakness and destroyed us offensively to improve us defensively which overall meant we didn't improve at all.
Lmao

Verstuurd vanaf mijn D5803 met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk