Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:09 pm

Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:
Özim wrote:
Santi wrote:
aniym wrote:
Santi wrote:How are they outperforming when both have better squads?

Everton's transfer team outperformed ours, that's about it.

How on earth does Everton have a better squad when Iwobi is starting almost every game?

They are Top 4 because they have won more and lost fewer games than us. That comes down to the manager, and not individual talent like DCL.

They have a 10x better midfield which is the crucial point. People really think we have a more balanced squad than Everton?

Also Iwobi has started 13 games, half of their PL games but yeah almost every game. For the most part he’s been no worse than Pepe either, who btw has started 10 games for us in the PL.

That’s because Ancelotti identified the midfield as a weak area and addressed it, we just wasted our time on Aouar rather than having other targets, we could have got Rodriguez for example if we’d wanted to. We ended up with Partey in the end who is good but again we messed about and luckily he had a release clause.

In the end Arteta thought Ceballos was enough and then of course he brought in Odergaard.

As for the squads, we have a stronger squad, Ancelotti is doing a great job with Everton whereas Arteta is doing a poor job, that’s the difference, sending Saliba out on loan was a shocker as has been his use of the players on his squad, let’s not forget he merely stumbled across ESR after being unwilling to play him for months.

I’m sorry but the excuses for Arteta have to stop now, he’s been outperformed by Ancelotti and was also outperformed by his predecessor Emery who struggled with communication and in the end got sacked.

So, like I said in the original post...Everton's transfer team outperformed ours.

Ancelotti has outperformed Arteta as well, at the end of the day Arteta picked the players he wanted to sign as well and he has a better squad that Ancelotti.

I’m not sure why you guys absolve Arteta of blame for this horror show, he’s the manager at the end of the day, he picks the teams, tactics etc and also chooses the players he wants to sign, it’s pretty he’s an average manager and there’s zero evidence to point to anything different.

If he needs to but a whole new team to improve we should pack his bags and take him to the airport.

See it’s not about absolving Arteta of any blame, I’ve said enough times what his mistakes are so hows that absolving him of blame?

All I came in the thread to say was that I don’t think Carlo has really outperformed Mikel massively, maybe slightly but for me they have a better squad that is more balanced and I credit that 90-95% for the difference between our positions in the table.

Carlo therefore 5-10% better than Mikel at best, woop de doo. Anyway we know we won’t agree so it’s all good :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:29 pm

You do absolve him because clearly he is the problem and the reason we’re sitting 10th and yet you always blame the players or the refs.

Everytime we lose it’s the same, the ref, the mistakes by players, not Artetas fault. Since when is it not the managers fault when we lose game and are sitting 10th after 27 games?

Most people agree Arteta has a better squad overall but the lack of qualify in midfield is also down to him, Ancelotti has vastly outperformed him, Everton are in a chance of top 4, we’re not.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:55 pm

Ach wrote:Edited!

Leno

Godfrey Luiz Gabriel Tierney

Doucoure Partey

Saka James Richarlison

Auba

I wouldn't take any of their CBs as CBs over ours, Godfrey is a CB but has played across the back 4 so I would have him at RB

I make it 7 Arsenal players to 4 Everton
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Ach » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:10 pm

No Digne? Best lb in the country
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:15 pm

Who cares about individual player vs player. They have a far more balanced team than us simply because of the midfield.

Their defence is shit bar Digne but it's at least on par with ours and their midfield destroys ours. Partey would make a big difference but so far hardly played...so our midfield for the most part has been a combo of Xhaka, Ceballos and Elneny who are all shit for this level. It's embarrassing when Elneny has been your most important midfielder and prior to Christmas that was our situation.

Shit midfield makes the defence suffer from additional pressure and lack of protection, whilst also causing the attack to suffer through lack of creativity. We literally have the shittest central midfield in the league and I'd take almost any other pairing. Give us Villa's midfield and we'd be top 4.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:14 pm

Ach wrote:No Digne? Best lb in the country

Great going forward, can't defend.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:29 pm

That performance says it all.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:29 pm

Ancelotti and Jose still above Arteta

Shocking decision to get him over either of those 2
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:30 pm

Ach wrote:Ancelotti and Jose still above Arteta

Especially considering how average that Everton squad is, imagine what Carlo could do with ours
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:33 pm

king carlo letting burnley score 2 n losing at home while Arteta's boys get 2 n beat the title challengers.

Arsenal board knew all along.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:38 pm

KG3 wrote:

Especially considering how average that Everton squad is, imagine what Carlo could do with ours

It's a £400m squad.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:40 pm

KG3 wrote:

Yup

He went in and immediately strengthened their worst position. DCL has gone from nketiah level to awesome. Defence getting better as well

Challenging for fourth with that squad this season is manager of the year worthy
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:52 pm

alexafc12 wrote:
KG3 wrote:

It's a £400m squad.

What’s your point our is more expensive but still average
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby alexafc12 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:28 pm

Not even a question.

DON MIKEL.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger