Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who would you prefer?

Arteta
62%
Ancelotti
38%

Total votes : 42

Re: Arteta vs Ancelotti vs Mourinho

Postby Ach » Sun May 02, 2021 6:21 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:The reason people had written us off for top 4 with 10 games to go wasn’t because it wasn’t possible, it was simply because Arteta wasn’t capable of it, he’s been a disaster barely stringing a run of games without losing all season.

I mean on that basis we could have said we can win the title before the season started, of course we could but realistically there was zero chance.

You have to look at the factors involved, having a dreadful manager was always going to make it impossible to get top 4.

What, and Everton, having won 1 in 7 PL games (the win coming courtesy of Len), are challenging for top 4 now with 5 games to go and 9 points behind?
:dontknow:

Ancelotti is better than Arteta, he’s proved it in his career and has also outperformed him this season.

Arteta can’t get near top 6, nevermind top 4, he’s an awful manager who didn’t even earn the chance to manage us, just because he coached under Guardiola people thought he’s be good, that’s a ridiculous reason to employ someone and it’s really blown up in our face.

Many called this when he got the job.

Apparently last 8 games defines a managers whole time at a club, don't you know?
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 02, 2021 7:06 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:Failing :rofll:

Failing badly.
1 win in 8 - and that win only came from Leno's howler.
What would you call that form? Succeeding??? :)

Mate, Everton finished last season 12th on 49pts, we finished last season 8th on 56pts.

We are currently 9th on 49pts and 4 games left to play, Everton are 8th on 52pts with 5 games to play.

Which manager is failing more Jay?
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 02, 2021 7:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:Nope. I just understand football.

:rofll:

Must be quite the garbled mess of an understanding if 1 win in the last 8 (and only the single win because Leno threw it in his own net) is classed as a success.

What do you call our 2 month crisis last year where we struggled to even get shots on goal? That crisis took us to 15th place, Ancelotti's 1 win in the last 8 games has him in 8th place.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 02, 2021 7:12 pm

I didn't want Ancelotti because I didn't rate him, I said he could only manage the biggest teams with the biggest budgets. I am not going to turn around lie and say I knew Ancelotti is good. But having seen the mistakes Arteta has made and continues to make it is bloody obvious, Ancelotti is the better manager.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 02, 2021 7:13 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:Nope. I just understand football.

:rofll:

Must be quite the garbled mess of an understanding if 1 win in the last 8 (and only the single win because Leno threw it in his own net) is classed as a success.

What do you call our 2 month crisis last year where we struggled to even get shots on goal? That crisis took us to 15th place, Ancelotti's 1 win in the last 8 games has him in 8th place.

I would simply say that both managers are failing.
I have no problem with that.
I am not here to defend Arteta, although there is some serious BS spouted blaming him for everything.
I am just pointing out that Anchelotti is failing and I really don't know why he's positioned as some sort of option for us. He's not.
If we replace the manager, let's get a good one.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 02, 2021 7:17 pm

Ach wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:The reason people had written us off for top 4 with 10 games to go wasn’t because it wasn’t possible, it was simply because Arteta wasn’t capable of it, he’s been a disaster barely stringing a run of games without losing all season.

I mean on that basis we could have said we can win the title before the season started, of course we could but realistically there was zero chance.

You have to look at the factors involved, having a dreadful manager was always going to make it impossible to get top 4.

What, and Everton, having won 1 in 7 PL games (the win coming courtesy of Len), are challenging for top 4 now with 5 games to go and 9 points behind?
:dontknow:

Ancelotti is better than Arteta, he’s proved it in his career and has also outperformed him this season.

Arteta can’t get near top 6, nevermind top 4, he’s an awful manager who didn’t even earn the chance to manage us, just because he coached under Guardiola people thought he’s be good, that’s a ridiculous reason to employ someone and it’s really blown up in our face.

Many called this when he got the job.

Apparently last 8 games defines a managers whole time at a club, don't you know?

Arteta win percentage at Arsenal is 51 percent.
Anchelotti's entire Everton tenure.. 47 percent.

For some reason you keep pushing the BS about Anchelotti being great. Sounds like another of your fanboy episodes. You do get very attached to failures it seems.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun May 02, 2021 7:25 pm

Dear God. He was fighting and surviving relegation last season with a dog team

And is now above us this season

Lol

Like I said, I understand football. You clearly don't. It is what it is and you've had a shit day so can be forgiven
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Sun May 02, 2021 7:36 pm

Ach wrote:Dear God. He was fighting and surviving relegation last season with a dog team

And is now above us this season

Lol

Like I said, I understand football. You clearly don't. It is what it is and you've had a shit day so can be forgiven

Many managers not good enough for us have saved their team from relegation.

Enough of the excuses.
Arteta has a better win record for Arsenal than Anchelotti does for Everton.

Take Anchelotti's picture down from your wall.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sun May 02, 2021 7:39 pm

Ancelotti is above Arteta in the league

Lol
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Paddy » Sun May 09, 2021 5:40 pm

Great win for ancelotti away against the in-form team of the season west ham. Puts them right in the mix for top 4.

Meanwhile we are languishing mid-table with no hope of top 4

Jayram made to look like a mug yet again :rofll:
Paddy
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby Santi » Sun May 23, 2021 4:18 pm

kInG cArLo

everton's top 4 battle looking good :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby alexafc12 » Sun May 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Looks like Don Mikel will finish ahead of Papa Carlo once again.

Another loss for Ach. All his prized coaches failed to de throne the Don.

Wilder and Mourinho sacked. Carlo underperforming yet again.

Don. Mikel.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Sun May 23, 2021 4:19 pm

Santi wrote:kInG cArLo

everton's top 4 battle looking good :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll: :rofll:

lold
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun May 23, 2021 4:22 pm

The fact Everton were in the discussion for a top 4 place speaks volumes about where Ancelotti took them, with the squad they have.

Meanwhile, Arsenal were in the discussion for back door routes into the EL and were never in the top 4 discussion at all .......
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Sun May 23, 2021 4:51 pm

theHotHead wrote:The fact Everton were in the discussion for a top 4 place speaks volumes about where Ancelotti took them, with the squad they have.

Meanwhile, Arsenal were in the discussion for back door routes into the EL and were never in the top 4 discussion at all .......

Pretty much
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk