People are still deluded. They think we’re a top 4 club!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

People are still deluded. They think we’re a top 4 club!

Postby Rerktyne » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:44 pm

That’s all I read: how far off the top 4 we are! It would be how far off the bottom 3 we are were we Burnley or Toon.
That’s called conditioning!
The fact is the top 4 is history for Arsenal. We are now at the level of Everton (improving) and Toon (improving).
Which means that people had better start looking over their shoulders. We needed a Fat Stan nit Arteta. We need some solid players: not pansies with flaccid dicks!
Take Auba’s goals away and we’d be bottom!
Get real! Before reality bites your arse!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas

Re: People are still deluded. They think we’re a top 4 club!

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:03 pm

10 points behind 4th place, 7 points above relegation places, we're not getting top 4 that's for sure, especially as we can't buy a win.

Chelsea have an 11 goal advantage over us as well, granted we have a big goal advantage over Villa in the bottom 3 as well.

Realistically our best hope is to get a EL spot, what we should be doing is focussing on the EL, because that's our only way back in the CL and the only way we'll have any significant amount of money in the summer as Kroenke, never has and never will put his own money in.

Noone at the club seems particularly bothered about where were are, probably not even watching to be fair.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby StLGooner » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:04 pm

So angry!!

I think we need an emotional rant thread.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:32 pm

Dude, considering how bad we have been in the past 3 months we are not that far from the top 4 places. Hopefully Arteta can continue to improve the performances.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:00 pm

A season to forget unless we get a cup win.
I think we're safe from relegation - Arteta does seem to have turned games we would have lost (were losing) into draws, so I'll give him that. With Emery I think we would have been relegated. Top 4 is not realistic. We definitely need some perspective in the fan base. Right now, top half should be the focus and build from there. We saw against Sheff Utd that we're not at the level of the teams higher up towards top 4, never mind the actual top 4 teams.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:40 pm

theHotHead wrote:Dude, considering how bad we have been in the past 3 months we are not that far from the top 4 places. Hopefully Arteta can continue to improve the performances.

Yep.

This is our worst period of the Emirates era and we're "only" 10 points behind 4th—and have the EL route to the UCL.

Amongst the top-10 clubs, we're only above Palace and Sheffield in goals scored. If we fix that, top-4 would be a breeze. Yes, breeze.

Perspective please.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:51 pm

We are a Top 4 club. Put some respek on our wage bill.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:40 pm

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Dude, considering how bad we have been in the past 3 months we are not that far from the top 4 places. Hopefully Arteta can continue to improve the performances.

Yep.

This is our worst period of the Emirates era and we're "only" 10 points behind 4th—and have the EL route to the UCL.

Amongst the top-10 clubs, we're only above Palace and Sheffield in goals scored. If we fix that, top-4 would be a breeze. Yes, breeze.

Perspective please.

Agree with both. Emery really mucked things up in his last 9 months.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby Rerktyne » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:49 pm

Just look at the performances against Norwich, Villa, Soton, Sheffield, Watford, even Bournemouth FFS!!!
We were lucky to get any points from those games!
That’s how I see things: the actual football we played. Crap passes, feeble tackles, jellied backbones and flaccid penises!!
Arsenal is like a rich man who has no manhood!
This team is garbage and will lose tonight!
Rerktyne
Michael Thomas

Postby FARM » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:34 pm

All the teams behind us won today, its closing up, we can't buy a win for love nor money.. we are getting closer and closer too the bottom with each week, no doubt about it, the teams behind us all have the same points as us now.. in 3 weeks we will be 1 loss away from the relegation zone, unless we can win but we can't
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:47 pm

Good thing we got rid of Wenger and his top four trophy. That was embarrassing.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby King of Highbury XIV » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:08 pm

We are a ways off from being a top 4 club. Liverpool, Man City and Leicester are all and have been better than us for a few seasons now. I’d argue Chelsea are currently a better club than us. Not only in terms of current roster, but also spending power. Man U by default is bigger than us. Man U actually gets so much crap, but last time I checked the tables they were in 5th. With a worse squad than us no doubt. With OGS as their manager. They also show up against the top clubs. Now, if you disregard our current position and focus on squad, spending and ability to draw players then I’d put us behind United. There is a big gap between Liverpool, City and even United to an extent and us.
all of my posts are my own opinion
King of Highbury XIV
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Zanatos3 » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:45 pm

Ozil - Xhaka - Mustafi

WEAK SPINE running right through the CENTER of the Starting 11 AGAIN

for the 4th game in a row,

ZERO VICTORIES Recorded

Loss or DRAW after substitutions Predicted!

even against Burnley!
Zanatos3
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Nuggets » Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:00 pm

We haven't been a top club for a while and it will be a long time before we become one again.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby starmandb » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:27 pm

King of Highbury XIV wrote:We are a ways off from being a top 4 club. Liverpool, Man City and Leicester are all and have been better than us for a few seasons now. I’d argue Chelsea are currently a better club than us. Not only in terms of current roster, but also spending power. Man U by default is bigger than us. Man U actually gets so much crap, but last time I checked the tables they were in 5th. With a worse squad than us no doubt. With OGS as their manager. They also show up against the top clubs. Now, if you disregard our current position and focus on squad, spending and ability to draw players then I’d put us behind United. There is a big gap between Liverpool, City and even United to an extent and us.

18/19
Leicester finished 9th we finished 5th
17/18
They finished 9th we finished 6th
16/17
They finished 12 th we finished 5th
How is that better than us for a few seasons?
Man Utd have a 720 million pound squad I have many doubts
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk