January transfer window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: January transfer window

Postby Arsenal Tone » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 pm

We need two centre backs
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:59 pm

StLGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Dubs4Sam wrote:
Ach wrote:Worst transfer window of all time? Considering how awful Wenger was at it, it's impressive. We need players. No one wants to play for Arteta.

It has very little to do with Arteta and everything to do with our non existent budget.

You can't take what he says seriously. I don't even think he does. It's all a wind up

Me not liking arteta being our manager isn't a wind up. That's just common sense

But saying nobody wants to play for him is, because you have no f***ing clue son. So shoosh!!!

Just common sense to think twice about playing for a manager that's proven nothing.

If we can find a player who likes a challenge then those might do. Let's hope there are few of those around who are at a decent quality

I agree that it's possible there may be players that are put off by a new manager, but you're not stupid, that doesn't mean that " No one wants to play for Arteta". That's a bit of a stretch if not just a complete wind up. lets be honest Cripps. Come on buddy, lets shoot for a new you in 2020!! :arsenal3:

Typical American. Always with the shooting.

I want Arteta gone. Sooner rather than later. I'll never want us to lose. I'm not like some on here but if we do lose I'll look to the positives and it'll be a day closer to the end of Arteta reign of terror.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:05 pm

Imagine if we hired Pep.

Ach would legit wear a Tottenham top with Arsenal Sucks 13 at the back.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:26 pm

Should we be looking at Emre Can or Christian Eriksen?
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:13 pm

Ach wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Ach wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
Dubs4Sam wrote:
Ach wrote:Worst transfer window of all time? Considering how awful Wenger was at it, it's impressive. We need players. No one wants to play for Arteta.

It has very little to do with Arteta and everything to do with our non existent budget.

You can't take what he says seriously. I don't even think he does. It's all a wind up

Me not liking arteta being our manager isn't a wind up. That's just common sense

But saying nobody wants to play for him is, because you have no f***ing clue son. So shoosh!!!

Just common sense to think twice about playing for a manager that's proven nothing.

If we can find a player who likes a challenge then those might do. Let's hope there are few of those around who are at a decent quality

I agree that it's possible there may be players that are put off by a new manager, but you're not stupid, that doesn't mean that " No one wants to play for Arteta". That's a bit of a stretch if not just a complete wind up. lets be honest Cripps. Come on buddy, lets shoot for a new you in 2020!! :arsenal3:

Typical American. Always with the shooting.

I want Arteta gone. Sooner rather than later. I'll never want us to lose. I'm not like some on here but if we do lose I'll look to the positives and it'll be a day closer to the end of Arteta reign of terror.

Well that's just pure ignorance right there. I don't understand not giving him a chance. You complained when people did the same thing to Emery, yet here you are doing it for Arteta. Hypocrite much? Not surprising.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Ach » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:10 pm

This place is rife with hypocrisy. If you can't beat them...

Surely it'll be more hypocritical if I start loving Arteta when I never have done just cos he's managing us? It's not about me giving him a chance. He has a chance whether I give him one or not. He's arsenal manager. I can't change that. Thus it's his chance to change our minds. Done nothing yet but I'm forever an optimist
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:15 pm

Way to dodge that one Cripps! lol
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Salibatelli » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:21 pm

I agree, Arteta has his chance, it's up to him to change our minds, but I tell you what 1 win and 4 draws in 6 games isn't going to do that for me, neither is playing the likes of Mustafi and Xhaka and only starting Martinelli because he was effectively forced into it when Auba got injured.

Yes I know people will come up with excuses about how he's got it tough because of what happened before and our players are the worst of the worst, but that's just Arsenal fan excuses in my book, he was hired to do a job and that job was not to come in and keep dropping points all over the place, it was to work with the players he has and get us moving up the league and winning games.

Our team isn't as bad as some say, we've got some top quality players teams above us would love to have, problem is so far the managers haven't utilised them to their maximum. Pretty much this team, except for a few tweaks almost got us top 4 last season with Emery (and actually should have got top 4 really), so lying 10th just isn't good enough.

As I said before, no excuses for me, we need to win games, Southampton who got battered 9-0 by Leicester earlier on in the season have gone above us for goodness sake and we have a better team than them for sure.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby ag6789 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:30 pm

Arteta had to deal with players bought during Wenger and Emery era. If experienced defenders like Luiz, Mustafi and Sokratis keeps making basic mistakes, then , it'll be hard for anybody to rectify, be it Pep, Klopp or anyone else. That's why both at ManCity and Liverpool they faced initial defensive problems until they bought players to their liking.
The way Luiz and Mustafi plays sometimes, it feels this is their second profession. They can let the guard down a bit.
They are all experienced internationals who should be leading by examples.
Really unfortunate, why this happens only when they join Arsenal.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:44 am

.................. what window?

Arteta must realise now what he's let himself in for, get the man a loan deal at least ffs.

This is tragic.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:37 pm

To be honest don't think we're going to do anything in the transfer window, unless like last January we can find a loan deal to waste our time on. I really think we put all our eggs into qualifying for the CL and we thought signing Pepe would be the big signing we needed, we really needed to focus on defence however and we failed badly there because Luiz just isn't up to scratch, Saliba is out on loan for a year (but he's been injured for a while as well - hope he's not injury prone) and Tierney who seems to be injury prone.

I really think if we don't win the EL and get back into the CL then next summer is going to be pretty quiet as well on the transfer front because we've committed a lot of money on last summers transfers next summer (Saliba is really next summers transfer), people said Kroenke did what was needed but he didn't really because all we did is spend about 50 million last summer (taking into consideration the money we recouped) and spread all the rest over the coming years.

So that leaves us in a bit of a hole the financial results weren't good and will probably get worse over the coming years, there won't be any money being put in, all we can really do is sell players, but who have we got of any value we would sell.

The only ones are Auba and Laca, Auba will obviously command a lower fee with a year left on his contract and will need replacing, so any money we get for him will need to be spent on that, then we have Laca who has been in very poor form so his value would have probably plummeted.

So people writing off this season saying it doesn't what we do as long as performances are better are being a bit shortsighted, we really need to win the EL, failure to do so will leave us with little money next summer and we'll just then be scraping around for players like Luiz, Sokratis and Lichsteiner again.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:25 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:.................. what window?

Arteta must realise now what he's let himself in for, get the man a loan deal at least ffs.

This is tragic.

So you’re not going to accuse him of protecting the Kroenkes? Double standards.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Angelito » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:02 pm

Dgaf whether we sign anyone this window. We desperately need a CM but I doubt we are going to get anyone of note in Jan.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby coach8smallball » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:20 pm

can anyone verify if it's true that auba's possibly headed to barca?
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:32 pm

swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:.................. what window?

This is tragic.

So you’re not going to accuse him of protecting the Kroenkes? Double standards.

Regardless of the fact he's just walked through the door ................he's not in charge of transfers or getting paid £10m to be a stooge and lie to the fans.

Your butt hurt is quite impressive, you are consumed by the anger of your idol being forced out of the club, sad life really, you should really look into getting a new hobbie or find a boyfriend or something.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk