Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:19 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:Our best player atm. Once his English improves make him captain!

Yeah I agree, he’s the guy that’s really driving those clean sheets holding the defence together, he’s absolutely brilliant.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:47 am

Excellent performance and still really young.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:56 am

Özim wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:Our best player atm. Once his English improves make him captain!

Yeah I agree, he’s the guy that’s really driving those clean sheets holding the defence together, he’s absolutely brilliant.

No one defender can be credited for clean sheets - or even driving them.
The back 5 have been good overall and are getting better.

Part of the reason Gabriel has looked a lot better than he did last year is because; a) he has a year of experience and b) he has better players playing with him in defence and ahead of him.

The defensive unit is vital and the cover the midfield provide is equally as important.
Even the work rate of forwards is important for keeping clean sheets.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:40 pm

I'm going to piss on everyone's parade here and bring people back to reality !! Are you lot for real ?!!!!

Loook at who we have played so far this season, in all comps:

Brentford - conceded 2 goals
Chelsea - conceded 2 goals
West Brom - clean sheet
Man City - conceded 5 goals
Norwich - clean sheet
Burnley - clean sheet
AFC Wimbledon - clean sheet
Spurs - conceded 1 goal
Brighton - clean sheet

Are people seriously making a big deal about clean sheets against Brighton, AFC Wimbledon, Burnley, Norwich and West Brom ??? :BangHead:
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:06 pm

theHotHead wrote:I'm going to piss on everyone's parade here and bring people back to reality !! Are you lot for real ?!!!!

West Brom - clean sheet
Norwich - clean sheet
Burnley - clean sheet
Spurs - conceded 1 goal
Brighton - clean sheet

Are people seriously making a big deal about clean sheets against Brighton, AFC Wimbledon, Burnley, Norwich and West Brom ??? :BangHead:

1 goal conceded in the PL in the last 4 games is good no matter who you are playing.
So, yes, it's a big deal and if you haven't noticed that the new back 5 looks far more organised and in tune with each other then you haven't been wacthing.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:38 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:I'm going to piss on everyone's parade here and bring people back to reality !! Are you lot for real ?!!!!

West Brom - clean sheet
Norwich - clean sheet
Burnley - clean sheet
Spurs - conceded 1 goal
Brighton - clean sheet

1 goal conceded in the PL in the last 4 games is good no matter who you are playing.
So, yes, it's a big deal and if you haven't noticed that the new back 5 looks far more organised and in tune with each other then you haven't been wacthing.

The opponent must be taken into account and you certainly shouldn't be cherry picking the range of games. Its easy to pad out your record saying its good when in reality you have ignored games against decent opposition (where no clean sheet was gotten) and included ganmes against teams that are no threat.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:43 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

West Brom - clean sheet
Norwich - clean sheet
Burnley - clean sheet
Spurs - conceded 1 goal
Brighton - clean sheet

The opponent must be taken into account and you certainly shouldn't be cherry picking the range of games. Its easy to pad out your record saying its good when in reality you have ignored games against decent opposition (where no clean sheet was gotten) and included ganmes against teams that are no threat.

We've only had this defence together for 4 games.
What point would assessing them against City, Brentford or Chelsea do when they were not together?

We're talking here about a back 5 of Ramsdale, Tierney, Gabriel, White and Tomiyasu.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:03 pm

Fair enough, lets see how they get on. A strong defence is key to winning the big prizes, if Arteta has created a good unit thats only going to help us achieve those goals.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby ag6789 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:31 pm

Right now midfield is the biggest concern. If Partey, Odegaard, Sami ( AMN maybe) cannot produce consistency, we can't move up the table much. There will be draws or marginal defeats when pressure builds up on defense.
We might need to dip into the market again come January to get a better CM.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:35 pm

ag6789 wrote:Right now midfield is the biggest concern. If Partey, Odegaard, Sami ( AMN maybe) cannot produce consistency, we can't move up the table much. There will be draws or marginal defeats when pressure builds up on defense.
We might need to dip into the market again come January to get a better CM.

I actually think our biggest issue right now is right up the top of the pitch.
Pepe is just way too inconsistent and so is Auba.
Martinelli is still waiting to shine.
Balogun has been demoted back to the U23s
Nketiah is off and so is Lacazette.

We may go in for another DM, but I think the next big push for players will come in the forward positions - strikers and possibly a Pepe replacement as I don't see him surviving.
We definitely need an option upfront to hold the ball up and take advantage of crosses - we just don't have that kind of player right now.
Was really needed against Brighton.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby ag6789 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:13 pm

Pepe Will stay. We have invested way too much into him. At this point the owners will demand success of him for face saving measure.
I'm worried about him and Partey... around 120 mil have been put in and it needs to be recovered... they will become projects for any manager , Arteta or otherwise.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Arsenal Tone » Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:21 pm

West Brom - clean sheet
Norwich - clean sheet
Burnley - clean sheet
Spurs - conceded 1 goal
Brighton - clean sheet

This is the Gabriel thread, his return coincides with our defensive stability.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:53 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

West Brom - clean sheet
Norwich - clean sheet
Burnley - clean sheet
Spurs - conceded 1 goal
Brighton - clean sheet

We've only had this defence together for 4 games.
What point would assessing them against City, Brentford or Chelsea do when they were not together?

We're talking here about a back 5 of Ramsdale, Tierney, Gabriel, White and Tomiyasu.

Yeah I was about to point that out.

The Brentford and Man City battering weren't done under this 4's watch.

Tomi, White, Gabby and Tierney have looked extremely solid, they were the only unit of our team functioning properly on Saturday, because our midfield and attack was gash.

As for Gabby .......... he is the only player on our team who I can say for certain is likely heading for WC status over the next 2 years.

Our best CB since Sol Cambell and Toure.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:03 pm

I agree wih Jay that our biggest area of concern is up front, we need to be putting away our chances. Lokonga is a newbie, it will inevitably take time for his partnership with Partey to become strong, but I have seen enough to not worry about him or them.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby themessiah » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:45 pm

He has Been amazing since he has comeback..dominant again tbf.
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk