Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Postby Callum » Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 am

I'll actually be pretty happy if we go into next season with Gabriel, Mari, Holding and Saliba as our centre-back options.
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby Losmeister » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:20 am

solid dude.

cant wait for him to get roiing witn some more majestic headers where he obliterates the opponent on his descent...
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby starmandb » Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:31 am

Tony Adams wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:Wasn't he our player of the month for the first three months of the season? How can people say he wasn't great before?! Didn't even need time to adapt to the league like most players do!

Gabriel was player of the month for September and October
Leno was player of the month for November
That was Nov 2019. Gabriel won Nov 2020 and made it three in a row:

https://www.arsenal.com/news/gabriel-wi ... onth-award

Oh yes I’m sorry mate
You are right
I thought November was Leno but I was wrong
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby LMAO » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:43 am

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby thebigbangtheo » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:59 am

There was a time when it appeared as though the likes of Didier Drogba and Diego Costa would be lent up against the Emirates waiting for Laurent Koscielny to emerge, give him two slaps for having made them wait before taking his wallet, new watch and trainers, the last contact of which came from the foot up the arse the naturalised Spaniard delivered in his new footwear as he told him to 'Now f**k off, and don't be late next time, comprende?'

Now, my re-imagining of that scenario with Gabriel Magalhaes, pans onto the sight of an unconscious Costa being pulled from the car windshield he'd been slammed through and now being tossed over the big Brazilian's shoulder as he grabs a leg of a sprawled out, bloodied, groaning Drogba now being dragged to the boot of his car and upon opening it, the Arsenal centre half being heard to mutter 'My dogs' gotta eat too'.

Yes, maybe I have watched one too many Tarantino films, but in having endured for far too long the sight of Arsenal defenders themselves re-enacting the part of Marcelo Wallace strapped to a jig in Pulp Fiction, it kind of fits the bill.

That Gabriel is more than just a brute in football boots there is no doubt given he has already shown the ability to be sublimely skillful on the ball and use it intelligently, with some of those 60/70M pinged deliveries he has coughed up on occasion lending weight to his 3 consecutive awardings of our player of the month.

But what really tickles my bollocks is that this guy is still on his upward trajectory and suggesting that we ain't seen nothing yet in comparison to what the pinnacle of his potential could ultimately produce.

Although admittedly to a little bit less of a degree, I do see something similar within Dino Mavropanos and yes, it has already crossed my mind that like a man in a desert who's thirst brings about a delirium to have him see a mirage, suffering from Squillachi, Djourou, Mustafi et al may have affected my senses too.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:42 pm

thebigbangtheo wrote:There was a time when it appeared as though the likes of Didier Drogba and Diego Costa would be lent up against the Emirates waiting for Laurent Koscielny to emerge, give him two slaps for having made them wait before taking his wallet, new watch and trainers, the last contact of which came from the foot up the arse the naturalised Spaniard delivered in his new footwear as he told him to 'Now f**k off, and don't be late next time, comprende?'

Now, my re-imagining of that scenario with Gabriel Magalhaes, pans onto the sight of an unconscious Costa being pulled from the car windshield he'd been slammed through and now being tossed over the big Brazilian's shoulder as he grabs a leg of a sprawled out, bloodied, groaning Drogba now being dragged to the boot of his car and upon opening it, the Arsenal centre half being heard to mutter 'My dogs' gotta eat too'.

Yes, maybe I have watched one too many Tarantino films, but in having endured for far too long the sight of Arsenal defenders themselves re-enacting the part of Marcelo Wallace strapped to a jig in Pulp Fiction, it kind of fits the bill.

That Gabriel is more than just a brute in football boots there is no doubt given he has already shown the ability to be sublimely skillful on the ball and use it intelligently, with some of those 60/70M pinged deliveries he has coughed up on occasion lending weight to his 3 consecutive awardings of our player of the month.

But what really tickles my bollocks is that this guy is still on his upward trajectory and suggesting that we ain't seen nothing yet in comparison to what the pinnacle of his potential could ultimately produce.

Although admittedly to a little bit less of a degree, I do see something similar within Dino Mavropanos and yes, it has already crossed my mind that like a man in a desert who's thirst brings about a delirium to have him see a mirage, suffering from Squillachi, Djourou, Mustafi et al may have affected my senses too.
Love this post :hail:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:09 am

Tony Adams wrote:
thebigbangtheo wrote:There was a time when it appeared as though the likes of Didier Drogba and Diego Costa would be lent up against the Emirates waiting for Laurent Koscielny to emerge, give him two slaps for having made them wait before taking his wallet, new watch and trainers, the last contact of which came from the foot up the arse the naturalised Spaniard delivered in his new footwear as he told him to 'Now f**k off, and don't be late next time, comprende?'

jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:10 am

Callum wrote:I'll actually be pretty happy if we go into next season with Gabriel, Mari, Holding and Saliba as our centre-back options.

So would I, as long as Holding doesn't play any minutes and just brings on the oranges at half time.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby KG3 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 2:13 pm

Tony Adams wrote:

Djourou was underrated had all the tools to become a top centre back pace, height and strength finally started to reach his potential in 10/11 but he was never the same after that injury against United
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:45 pm

Dear god
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby themessiah » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:56 pm

Ach was right. Horror game today
Image Image
themessiah
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Ach » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:58 pm

I hate being right :(
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby KG3 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:41 am

Lost out there without David Luiz’s leadership, not his fault though his partner Holding is a West Brom level defender
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Santi » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:29 am

Was Cedric who cost the Salah goal, Gabriel wasn't great today but don't recall a shocker that led to a goal?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:33 am

Santi wrote:Was Cedric who cost the Salah goal, Gabriel wasn't great today but don't recall a shocker that led to a goal?

He made a couple of errors.
Firstly he lost out strength wise to Salah for the second goal (can happen - Salah is clever and strong), then he passed out from defence directly to a Liverpool player which set up a pretty easy pass to open us up for the 3rd.
Generally speaking his form is quite inconsistent - can be really good or quite suspect. Hopefully, he gets some consistency next season. he's shown enough to be starting for us.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk