Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Magalhães (6)

Postby Zenith » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:58 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Rock today. Glad he's back.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:58 pm

Excellent performance.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby billie86 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:52 pm

Love this guy, absolute beast and did well today dealing with 2 of the more physical strikers in the league.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:14 pm

I have it on good authority from a reliable source within the club who managed to momentarily gain access into the arsenal changing room, where in Gabriel's seating space and locker were hanging a black cape with matching gloves and boots, a black armoured body suit and strange, almost full face type composite mask with pointed ears, looking not too unlike the appearance of a bat.....
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:30 pm

Has he been a gem or what?

PG won't like it... He reminds me of Koscielny. Similar aggression.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Angelito wrote:Has he been a gem or what?

He reminds me of fellow Brazilian Lucio. Big commanding CBs aren't usually so composed on the ball.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:33 pm

Arsenal Tone wrote:

He reminds me of fellow Brazilian Lucio. Big commanding CBs aren't usually so composed on the ball.

He's been great.
His partnership with White - and Tomi dropping to make a back 3 - looks very good.
Gabriel has looked pretty good since he joined, but with better players around him he is really looking the part now.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:17 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

He's been great.
His partnership with White - and Tomi dropping to make a back 3 - looks very good.
Gabriel has looked pretty good since he joined, but with better players around him he is really looking the part now.

Tomi doesn't drop back to make a 3, where are you getting that from?

We're playing 4atb and have done since the City loss, just because Tierney is always bombarding up the Left doesn't mean we're playing 3atb.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Zenith » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:32 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

He's been great.

We're playing 4atb and have done since the City loss, just because Tierney is always bombarding up the Left doesn't mean we're playing 3atb.

Jay is right. Elite-level teams, including Arsenal, continuously shift structures throughout games depending on scenario/situation.

Here's a still from the game against Spurs -

In this scenario our shape (NOT FORMATION!) was 3-2-3-2.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby billie86 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:11 am

Arsenal Tone wrote:

Early signs to me say he will surpass Koscielny, far bigger and stronger and doesn't seem error prone as of yet, at just 23 he seems like he could be the real deal.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:19 am

DiamondGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Arsenal Tone wrote:

He's been great.

Yes he does when we have possession at the back.
Was pretty obvious yesterday. It gives White, who has clearly been given the role of building attacks from the back in the central position, options both sides whilst allowing Tierney to go forward.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:44 pm

Not sure I agree, the traditional 4-4-2 for example, when one fullback bombs on the other doesn't tend to, as cover. If the defending team counter on the opposite side, the remaining full back will engage and the 2 CBs will shift across to that side, doesn't mean for that counter attack they are playing 3 at the back.

Did we say when Ramsey bombed on to the box that we played a 4-2-4 ? Its just a natural by-product of an attack that means a formation naturally morphs during specific scenarios, doesn't mean we have changed formation.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:16 pm

theHotHead wrote:Not sure I agree, the traditional 4-4-2 for example, when one fullback bombs on the other doesn't tend to, as cover. If the defending team counter on the opposite side, the remaining full back will engage and the 2 CBs will shift across to that side, doesn't mean for that counter attack they are playing 3 at the back.

Did we say when Ramsey bombed on to the box that we played a 4-2-4 ? Its just a natural by-product of an attack that means a formation naturally morphs during specific scenarios, doesn't mean we have changed formation.

It's not been about Tierney bombing forward or the counter attack.
They are specifically dropping into a 3 when we have controlled possession. Watched them do it time after time yesterday.
Not overly concerned about what formation that means... Largely irrelevant...
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:49 pm

theHotHead wrote:Not sure I agree, the traditional 4-4-2 for example, when one fullback bombs on the other doesn't tend to, as cover. If the defending team counter on the opposite side, the remaining full back will engage and the 2 CBs will shift across to that side, doesn't mean for that counter attack they are playing 3 at the back.

Exactly.

Players positions change during the match, Auba could end up in the area of a CDM but that doesn't mean he's not playing ST.

That still from Zenith is just showing Tierney who was clearly playing LB has just bombed forward meaning the remaining three are covering space.
Once Tierney drops back its the 4-2-3-1 we were playing.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:52 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

It's not been about Tierney bombing forward or the counter attack.
They are specifically dropping into a 3 when we have controlled possession. Watched them do it time after time yesterday.
Not overly concerned about what formation that means... Largely irrelevant...

Tomi got forward as well ........... what's that then 2atb?

Its not that deep, our formation was a 4-2-3-1 if a Fullback whichever one bombs forward it looks like 3atb but with the players we had out and their positioning, it clearly was 4atb.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk