The Players : Are they good enough?

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:56 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did anyone say our players were shit before the season started? I thought most were happy with the squad and the transfer window?


Yeah, I did.
I've known for some time our players are way way below par and have said that we needed to get rid of at least 15, probably 20.
That is STILL the case.
We have 6 or 7 players that we should keep (and some of those are based on potential) - the rest are not good enough.
Trouble is, we're going to find it hard to keep the good ones and hard to get of the dross. That is what happens to a declining club.



Yea but you don't count cause you thought a Golden Boot winner was shit. ;)


Nope - I said Auba acores goals but misses too many chances and doesnt do much else for the team. Stand by that because it's true.
He's not a player that is in our future. He's 30, good enough for now, but he'll be leaving so we need to cash in.
Given I am consistently correct about the trajectory of the team (and have been since 2007), it might be worthwhile payng more attention instead of pretending this group of players is good enough.
False hope and blind faith in useless managers like Wenger and Emery along with the rubbish they have brought in is one of the reasons the club is a mess.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby Power n Glory » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:57 pm

Respect for Freddie as a player, but that was the wrong team selection and set up. The focus should actually stay on the coaching because there is always tendency here to always overlook the importance of a manager. It happened under Wenger and it happened again under Unai. Freddie's team selection wasn't good and neither were the subs. If he continues to make the same decisions and it doesn't pay off then it's management problem and that's the most urgent area that needs attention. A lesson has to be learned here. Emery was given Lichensteniner, Torriera, Denis Saurez, Ceballos, Pepe and Tierny but none of these guys were regular starters and we ended up wasting a lot of money (potentially more) because we had a man in charge that hasn't got a clear vision of how he wants us to play football.

For example, I'm reading and hearing talk elsewhere of Pepe being more suited to a counter attacking style and not possession based football. That's up for debate, but if true, if Freddie doesn't think he's coachable to play possession football then it's a style issue. But if we appoint a coach that prefers a more counter attacking style, it changes things for Pepe again. But not if he's been frozen or sold before we have a permanent coach. We need to figure out the playing style of the club once again and go from there. I had no idea what sort of team Unai was trying to build because his vision was muddy and communication poor.
User avatar
Power n Glory
David Rocastle
David Rocastle
 
Posts: 4784
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby yadunoe » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:59 pm

in modern football you have to spend money if u want sustained success sure u can get lucky like Leicester and to some extent liverpool but if you want to win the big trophies you have to spend the big bucks its as simple as that
User avatar
yadunoe
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 2830
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:00 pm

yadunoe wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did anyone say our players were shit before the season started? I thought most were happy with the squad and the transfer window?


Yeah, I did.
I've known for some time our players are way way below par and have said that we needed to get rid of at least 15, probably 20.
That is STILL the case.
We have 6 or 7 players that we should keep (and some of those are based on potential) - the rest are not good enough.
Trouble is, we're going to find it hard to keep the good ones and hard to get of the dross. That is what happens to a declining club.



Yea but you don't count cause you thought a Golden Boot winner was shit. ;)

the only problem with arsenal is stan kroenke ive said this before wenger and i will say it till the day he sells this club . ever since he bought arsenal and made emirates we have gone down hill and will continue to do so because he doesnt care about this club


Kroenke has nothing to do with our demise.
He's spent a fortune on players.
We've just bought the wrong ones and had two poor coaches trying to get something out of them on the pitch.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:02 pm

yadunoe wrote:in modern football you have to spend money if u want sustained success sure u can get lucky like Leicester and to some extent liverpool but if you want to win the big trophies you have to spend the big bucks its as simple as that


So Spurs are above us year in year out and getting to CL finals because they spent more than us? Or are they just lucky along with Leicester and Liverpool?
Was it luck that Leicester foud and bought Kante for £5.6m whilst we splashed out £40m on Xhaka at around the same time?
Money being the answer is a long way from the truth. It's just part of the mix.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:03 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did anyone say our players were shit before the season started? I thought most were happy with the squad and the transfer window?


Yeah, I did.
I've known for some time our players are way way below par and have said that we needed to get rid of at least 15, probably 20.
That is STILL the case.
We have 6 or 7 players that we should keep (and some of those are based on potential) - the rest are not good enough.
Trouble is, we're going to find it hard to keep the good ones and hard to get of the dross. That is what happens to a declining club.



Yea but you don't count cause you thought a Golden Boot winner was shit. ;)


Nope - I said Auba acores goals but misses too many chances and doesnt do much else for the team. Stand by that because it's true.
He's not a player that is in our future. He's 30, good enough for now, but he'll be leaving so we need to cash in.
Given I am consistently correct about the trajectory of the team (and have been since 2007), it might be worthwhile payng more attention instead of pretending this group of players is good enough.
False hope and blind faith in useless managers like Wenger and Emery along with the rubbish they have brought in is one of the reasons the club is a mess.



I was just messing with ya, but you just hit levels of Elk's arrogance. That's disgusting to be honest.

I do honestly think these players are good enough to compete for 4th under the right manager. Unfortunately we won't be able to see if either of us are right though.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:07 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did anyone say our players were shit before the season started? I thought most were happy with the squad and the transfer window?


Yeah, I did.
I've known for some time our players are way way below par and have said that we needed to get rid of at least 15, probably 20.
That is STILL the case.
We have 6 or 7 players that we should keep (and some of those are based on potential) - the rest are not good enough.
Trouble is, we're going to find it hard to keep the good ones and hard to get of the dross. That is what happens to a declining club.



Yea but you don't count cause you thought a Golden Boot winner was shit. ;)


Nope - I said Auba acores goals but misses too many chances and doesnt do much else for the team. Stand by that because it's true.
He's not a player that is in our future. He's 30, good enough for now, but he'll be leaving so we need to cash in.
Given I am consistently correct about the trajectory of the team (and have been since 2007), it might be worthwhile payng more attention instead of pretending this group of players is good enough.
False hope and blind faith in useless managers like Wenger and Emery along with the rubbish they have brought in is one of the reasons the club is a mess.



I was just messing with ya, but you just hit levels of Elk's arrogance. That's disgusting to be honest.

I do honestly think these players are good enough to compete for 4th under the right manager. Unfortunately we won't be able to see if either of us are right though.


It's not arrogance because I have a long history all the way back to BBC606 of highlighting the issues and calling out Wenger and battling his disciples in the fan base. I knew we'd be where we are now. I don't pretend no one else knows anything.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:08 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did anyone say our players were shit before the season started? I thought most were happy with the squad and the transfer window?


Yeah, I did.
I've known for some time our players are way way below par and have said that we needed to get rid of at least 15, probably 20.
That is STILL the case.
We have 6 or 7 players that we should keep (and some of those are based on potential) - the rest are not good enough.
Trouble is, we're going to find it hard to keep the good ones and hard to get of the dross. That is what happens to a declining club.



Yea but you don't count cause you thought a Golden Boot winner was shit. ;)


Nope - I said Auba acores goals but misses too many chances and doesnt do much else for the team. Stand by that because it's true.
He's not a player that is in our future. He's 30, good enough for now, but he'll be leaving so we need to cash in.
Given I am consistently correct about the trajectory of the team (and have been since 2007), it might be worthwhile payng more attention instead of pretending this group of players is good enough.
False hope and blind faith in useless managers like Wenger and Emery along with the rubbish they have brought in is one of the reasons the club is a mess.



I was just messing with ya, but you just hit levels of Elk's arrogance. That's disgusting to be honest.

I do honestly think these players are good enough to compete for 4th under the right manager. Unfortunately we won't be able to see if either of us are right though.


It's not arrogance because I have a long history all the way back to BBC606 of highlighting the issues and calling out Wenger and battling his disciples in the fan base. I knew we'd be where we are now. I don't pretend no one else knows anything.



Those 3 sentences define arrogance.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did anyone say our players were shit before the season started? I thought most were happy with the squad and the transfer window?


Yeah, I did.
I've known for some time our players are way way below par and have said that we needed to get rid of at least 15, probably 20.
That is STILL the case.
We have 6 or 7 players that we should keep (and some of those are based on potential) - the rest are not good enough.
Trouble is, we're going to find it hard to keep the good ones and hard to get of the dross. That is what happens to a declining club.



Yea but you don't count cause you thought a Golden Boot winner was shit. ;)


Nope - I said Auba acores goals but misses too many chances and doesnt do much else for the team. Stand by that because it's true.
He's not a player that is in our future. He's 30, good enough for now, but he'll be leaving so we need to cash in.
Given I am consistently correct about the trajectory of the team (and have been since 2007), it might be worthwhile payng more attention instead of pretending this group of players is good enough.
False hope and blind faith in useless managers like Wenger and Emery along with the rubbish they have brought in is one of the reasons the club is a mess.



I was just messing with ya, but you just hit levels of Elk's arrogance. That's disgusting to be honest.

I do honestly think these players are good enough to compete for 4th under the right manager. Unfortunately we won't be able to see if either of us are right though.


It's not arrogance because I have a long history all the way back to BBC606 of highlighting the issues and calling out Wenger and battling his disciples in the fan base. I knew we'd be where we are now. I don't pretend no one else knows anything.



Those 3 sentences define arrogance.


In what way?
Speaking the truth is not arrogance.
Have I been calling out the issues for 10 years? - yes.
Did I say we'd be in a mess and predicted we'd slide down the league to mid table? - yes
There are others on this forum who can vouch for that.

Is saying that I don't pretend that no one else knows anything arrogant??? Obviously not.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:18 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did anyone say our players were shit before the season started? I thought most were happy with the squad and the transfer window?


Yeah, I did.
I've known for some time our players are way way below par and have said that we needed to get rid of at least 15, probably 20.
That is STILL the case.
We have 6 or 7 players that we should keep (and some of those are based on potential) - the rest are not good enough.
Trouble is, we're going to find it hard to keep the good ones and hard to get of the dross. That is what happens to a declining club.



Yea but you don't count cause you thought a Golden Boot winner was shit. ;)


Nope - I said Auba acores goals but misses too many chances and doesnt do much else for the team. Stand by that because it's true.
He's not a player that is in our future. He's 30, good enough for now, but he'll be leaving so we need to cash in.
Given I am consistently correct about the trajectory of the team (and have been since 2007), it might be worthwhile payng more attention instead of pretending this group of players is good enough.
False hope and blind faith in useless managers like Wenger and Emery along with the rubbish they have brought in is one of the reasons the club is a mess.



I was just messing with ya, but you just hit levels of Elk's arrogance. That's disgusting to be honest.

I do honestly think these players are good enough to compete for 4th under the right manager. Unfortunately we won't be able to see if either of us are right though.


It's not arrogance because I have a long history all the way back to BBC606 of highlighting the issues and calling out Wenger and battling his disciples in the fan base. I knew we'd be where we are now. I don't pretend no one else knows anything.



Those 3 sentences define arrogance.


In what way?
Speaking the truth is not arrogance.
Have I been calling out the issues for 10 years? - yes.
Did I say we'd be in a mess and predicted we'd slide down the league to mid table? - yes
There are others on this forum who can vouch for that.

Is saying that I don't pretend that no one else knows anything arrogant??? Obviously not.



Ha! Like I care enough to pay attention to what each member calls out as an issue and when.

Well yes, even if it is true, there is no need to gloat about it. That's arrogance.

So you don't pretend that no one else knows anything at all? You just assume they don't? Yea that's arrogant.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:21 pm

StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
StLGooner wrote:Did anyone say our players were shit before the season started? I thought most were happy with the squad and the transfer window?


Yeah, I did.
I've known for some time our players are way way below par and have said that we needed to get rid of at least 15, probably 20.
That is STILL the case.
We have 6 or 7 players that we should keep (and some of those are based on potential) - the rest are not good enough.
Trouble is, we're going to find it hard to keep the good ones and hard to get of the dross. That is what happens to a declining club.



Yea but you don't count cause you thought a Golden Boot winner was shit. ;)


Nope - I said Auba acores goals but misses too many chances and doesnt do much else for the team. Stand by that because it's true.
He's not a player that is in our future. He's 30, good enough for now, but he'll be leaving so we need to cash in.
Given I am consistently correct about the trajectory of the team (and have been since 2007), it might be worthwhile payng more attention instead of pretending this group of players is good enough.
False hope and blind faith in useless managers like Wenger and Emery along with the rubbish they have brought in is one of the reasons the club is a mess.



I was just messing with ya, but you just hit levels of Elk's arrogance. That's disgusting to be honest.

I do honestly think these players are good enough to compete for 4th under the right manager. Unfortunately we won't be able to see if either of us are right though.


It's not arrogance because I have a long history all the way back to BBC606 of highlighting the issues and calling out Wenger and battling his disciples in the fan base. I knew we'd be where we are now. I don't pretend no one else knows anything.



Those 3 sentences define arrogance.


In what way?
Speaking the truth is not arrogance.
Have I been calling out the issues for 10 years? - yes.
Did I say we'd be in a mess and predicted we'd slide down the league to mid table? - yes
There are others on this forum who can vouch for that.

Is saying that I don't pretend that no one else knows anything arrogant??? Obviously not.



Ha! Like I care enough to pay attention to what each member calls out as an issue and when.

Well yes, even if it is true, there is no need to gloat about it. That's arrogance.

So you don't pretend that no one else knows anything at all? You just assume they don't? Yea that's arrogant.


No - when I say I don't pretend that no one else knows anything - it means just that. Nothing else.
I am also not gloating (I am actually more than pissed off at where we are) - just stating a fact after you, as you say, we're 'just messing' with me.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8501
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:25 pm

Well if I directly asked about how often you predict things correctly and then you responded with an answer then I would give you a pass on the gloating and arrogance. But since I didn't and you blindly threw in how right you are all the time and also how long you think you've been right for, then I would say that is the definition of gloating and arrogance.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby elkanofan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:27 pm

jayramfootball wrote:Unfortunately, on a number of levels, I have to agree with Elkofan when he says our squad is shite.


Thanks, just want to say I'm not brutally blunt and at times obnoxious for the sake of it. I'm really worried about this club.

We are in a total mess top to bottom, the Kronke's have taken this club progressively on a slow decline for a very long time.

I've haven't said much of anything in this thread because some may hate my essays but that just say much of whats being said here about how truly average our squad is.

Elite Killer isn't my favorite poster but he's been f***ing 100% spot on with many of his recent posts on our player quality also! Especially the one about our squad values being worse significantly than Spurs and the chavs!
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14133
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby StLGooner » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:29 pm

elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Unfortunately, on a number of levels, I have to agree with Elkofan when he says our squad is shite.


Thanks, just want to say I'm not brutally blunt and at times obnoxious for the sake of it. I'm really worried about this club.

We are in a total mess top to bottom, the Kronke's have taken this club progressively on a slow decline for a very long time.

I've haven't said much of anything in this thread because some may hate my essays but that just say much of whats being said here about how truly average our squad is.

Elite Killer isn't my favorite poster but he's been f***ing 100% spot on with many of his recent posts on our player quality also! Especially the one about our squad values being worse significantly than Spurs and the chavs!


Jay doesn't think it's Kroenkes fault, you two should discuss that.
Formerly ChVint22
User avatar
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 35987
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:07 pm
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA

Re: The Players : Are they good enough?

Postby elkanofan » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:37 pm

StLGooner wrote:
elkanofan wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Unfortunately, on a number of levels, I have to agree with Elkofan when he says our squad is shite.


Thanks, just want to say I'm not brutally blunt and at times obnoxious for the sake of it. I'm really worried about this club.

We are in a total mess top to bottom, the Kronke's have taken this club progressively on a slow decline for a very long time.

I've haven't said much of anything in this thread because some may hate my essays but that just say much of whats being said here about how truly average our squad is.

Elite Killer isn't my favorite poster but he's been f***ing 100% spot on with many of his recent posts on our player quality also! Especially the one about our squad values being worse significantly than Spurs and the chavs!


Jay doesn't think it's Kroenkes fault, you two should discuss that.


If the Kronke's wanted to really push on and win things, I'm sure we would of already had a league title and a strong champions league push already especially in the last 4 years through the entirety of Kronke's ownership.

The fact is they came in at a similar time to when the Americans came in over at Anfield and look at the difference in results and how one club has gone forward from obscurity to being Europe's best team last year, while we have slowly gone backwards and grown more stale each year into a Europa League level side at best and clinging onto that!

Wenger became stale and outdated, that's obvious, however a proper progressive owner would have seen this and made the changes earlier, not waited so long that by the time we have restructured, we are in a total mess and we have dropped levels in club stature.
Image
User avatar
elkanofan
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger
 
Posts: 14133
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:07 pm
Location: I'm goin Latin America

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], DotBot [Bot], swipe right and 8 guests