Cesc on Bergkamp

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Cesc on Bergkamp

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:18 pm

Rockape wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:Not sure why any Arsenal fan would care what Cesc Fabregas has to say - whether he's right or wrong on an issue.
He's just some foreign mercenary who once played for us.
Couldn't give a sh*t about anything to do with him.
I certainly don't care what he has to say about any Arsenal player who actually means something to the club, like Bergkamp.

I have no idea why anyone thinks a Catalonian should have any real loyalty to a London Club, especially when the home club they have supported throughout their childhood and is one of the biggest in the world, wants you back! Why should anyone have any loyalty to a Club anyway? We've seen Clubs aren't very loyal, but do what's best for the Club. Frankly their career is very short in real terms, so they should do whatever the hell they want, as long as it doesn't cause harm to others. It wasn't even about the money which speaks volumes.

You'd be a fool to stay loyal to a club these days...... Sterling being lambasted by Liverpool fans on Sunday for being a greedy bastard, but at 25 he's already worth £36m and earning £300k a week.......who wouldn't move Clubs for that sort of money?

I didn't say anything about expecting Fabregas to be loyal.
I said I don't understand why anyone would give a sh*t what he says or thinks.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:46 pm

The absolute crap we hear to defend cesc. Football is littered with players playing away from home town clubs. Why should he be any different?

He also left them twice.

Defoe supported arsenal. Didn't see him crying to play for us whilst at spurs. Carragher supported Everton. A Liverpool legend.

Millions more.

Cesc was and is a c***.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:06 am

NovaGB wrote:No bad blood for Cesc at all, never did have, he left for his boyhood club, then when he wanted to come back to Arsenal Wenger said no because we had Ozil.

This!!

I have never understood why people hate him, moronic if you ask me.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:14 am

Ach wrote:The absolute crap we hear to defend cesc. Football is littered with players playing away from home town clubs. Why should he be any different?

He also left them twice.

Defoe supported arsenal. Didn't see him crying to play for us whilst at spurs. Carragher supported Everton. A Liverpool legend.

Millions more.

Cesc was and is a c***.

Lol @ the shittest comparisons ever. Barca are/on another level in comparison to all the clubs you listed and, as someone else just posted, he had just won the world cup with a bunch of Barca players, some of which he knew from La masia. And the other point is Barcelona is one or 2 miles further away from Arsenal than Spurs is from Arsenal and Everton is from Liverpool. :rofll:

Please enlighten us with these millions more examples where a player turns down the opportunity to join his boyhood club that happens to be the best club in world football! Tick tock.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:13 pm

theHotHead wrote: And the other point is Barcelona is one or 2 miles further away from Arsenal than Spurs is from Arsenal and Everton is from Liverpool. :rofll:

What?
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby jayramfootball » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Ach wrote:The absolute crap we hear to defend cesc. Football is littered with players playing away from home town clubs. Why should he be any different?

He also left them twice.

Millions more.

Cesc was and is a c***.

Lol @ the shittest comparisons ever. Barca are/on another level in comparison to all the clubs you listed and, as someone else just posted, he had just won the world cup with a bunch of Barca players, some of which he knew from La masia. And the other point is Barcelona is one or 2 miles further away from Arsenal than Spurs is from Arsenal and Everton is from Liverpool. :rofll:

Please enlighten us with these millions more examples where a player turns down the opportunity to join his boyhood club that happens to be the best club in world football! Tick tock.

Hothead - Cesc is a tw*t. It's not even that he walked out on the club, he let himself have a Barcelona shirt pulled on whilst still with us, he sodded off to watch the Spansih Grand Prix instead of being with the team at the end of a season, he did his whole fake crying act when leaving. This is a guy who grabbed the celebrity status of football with both hands. Remember his TV show? Good god. He's everything that is wrong with football wrapped up in one player.

As for his 'boyhood club' - he was already with them, but came to us. We gave him the chance. If he was so inlove with his boyhood club he should have stayed there and fought for a place. He f*cked off from them too as soon as a we came along.

I hold no animosity towads him, but I think he's completely irrelevant to any discussion about Arsenal and I don't give one ounce of importance to his time with us or what he has to say about us. Just another mercenary passing through. I find it quite insulting that he would even comment on our club. I think he's under the mistaken impression that he's somehow relevant to a discussion about Arsenal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby NovaGB » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Its not like we were winning trophys with him, he got a job offer from his fave team and took, no big deal, players come and go, its not like we suddenly went shit without him, we have been getting worse and worse since 2006 anyway.

Its nothing like what Cashley, RVP and Sanchez did.

or those dicks who went on to play for the spuds like Adebawhore and David Bentley etc.

He wanted to go back to London and Wenger said no.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:43 pm

theHotHead wrote:

He also left them twice.

Millions more.

Cesc was and is a c***.

The best club in world football is Arsenal
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:55 pm

starmandb wrote:The best club in world football is Arsenal

You're talking from an Arsenal fan's perspective, not one based in reality.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:01 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:

I am talking my reality
Should be all arsenal fans reality otherwise
f**k off
starmandb

Postby Marsbar100 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:07 pm

If we are being honest arsenal was such a classy club and was as classy as any in the world, its def gone downhill since the Emirates move.
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:27 pm

starmandb wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

I am talking my reality
f**k off

It's not the reality for players though, that's the point.

There are more attractive and successful clubs to play for, especially at the moment.

We are shit.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby starmandb » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Va-Va-Voom wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

I am talking my reality
f**k off

There are more attractive and successful clubs to play for, especially at the moment.

We are shit.

Players come and go
We are lifers
What a fantastic life it is
starmandb

Postby Rockape » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:47 am

starmandb wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

I am talking my reality
f**k off

We are shit.

Players come and go
We are lifers

And just as in real life, you have your ups and downs, but push on through.....you stand by your team in good and bad times too.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:56 am

Rockape wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Va-Va-Voom wrote:

I am talking my reality
f**k off

We are shit.

Players come and go
We are lifers

And just as in real life, you have your ups and downs, but push on through.....you stand by your team in good and bad times too.

Standing up for the club through good times and bad is right, but the club is not the players or manager. I find it very odd in this day and age when people get atached to players or the manager. They have no affinity for the club at all. Just apassing through. You don't mean anything to them and they shouldn't mean anything to you.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk