Nominate El Capitán

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Who should be our captain?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Bellerín
8%
Sokratis
5%
Kolasinac
3%
Xhaka
3%
Guendouzi
11%
Ozil
5%
Aubameyang
16%
Lacazette
39%
Other
11%

Total votes : 38

Re: Nominate El Capitán

Postby Est83 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:21 pm

On the plus side... Henry left the season after he was made captain. Fabregas left the season after he was made captain. RVP left the season after he was made captain. Vermaelen too? There's more I'm sure.

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby NovaGB » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:27 am

There has been a weird unrest at the club since the invincible's, lots of strange things, backroom problems, leadership problems, even down to stupid little details like weird squad numbers being given to players, we need stability.

If teams like Everton and Celtic can find players who will give everything to the club and we get these hit and miss players who's soul purpose is to use us as a spring board to teams like Barca.

I'm hoping that Tierney has some leadership, maybe Holding can be moulded into a Tony Adams like figure.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:54 am

Est83 wrote:On the plus side... Henry left the season after he was made captain. Fabregas left the season after he was made captain. RVP left the season after he was made captain. Vermaelen too? There's more I'm sure.

On the minus side, Arteta retired here as captain. Mertesacker retired here as captain. :hiding:
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Santi » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:57 pm

And Kos would’ve retired here as captain of the board weren’t c****.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Dejan » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:44 pm

Koscielny was a terrible captain.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:37 pm

I just can't understand who in the team voted for this guy?

From what I undertand Auba doesn't like him much as he "liked" a tweet saying something bad about Xhaka only a few months ago.

If Auba doesn't like him that means Laca prob doesn't either.

Weird how he's so popular.

I think Emery should of showed some leadership and named his own captain ....... someone not named Xhaka.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:43 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I just can't understand who in the team voted for this guy?

From what I undertand Auba doesn't like him much as he "liked" a tweet saying something bad about Xhaka only a few months ago.

I think Emery should of showed some leadership and named his own captain ....... someone not named Xhaka.

auba literally posted a pic of them two together on xhaka's birthday

the bolded part means nothing
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:01 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:I just can't understand who in the team voted for this guy?

He might be the nicest and most amazing person, ya know?

Players usually don't look at skills and talent alone. They see the man everyday. He might be a gem of a person. And, tbh, he doesn't seem like a bad person.

He also does have leadership qualities. That's clear. It's just that he's not that great for a top Prem side, or for the way we want to play, so it's a rather disillusioning situation.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:01 am

Xhaka has been kissing Emery’ rear end since the day he arrived. Only player I’ve seen celebrating a goal with him. The rest ignore him.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:38 pm

swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:What happened to that BS five captains theory of Emery’s? Looks like he couldn’t even remain committed to that.

Not only is he a troll but he's also blind.

How many people do you see on that list? ........... but oh silly me, you already knew that but your out hunting for a reaction.

Of all the people that have been banned recently and this guy is the worst culprit of them all remains untouched.

You’re the troll. You hated on Wenger and now you’re hating on Emery. You bring a very negative energy to the club and forum. I loved Wenger, and my only issue is with Emery which makes my opinions issue based and unbiased. I may love the next manager. But I guarantee you will be hating the next manager as well.

:rofll:

I supported Wenger .......... until he was sh*t.

I supported Emery ALL of last season and I still relatively support him but he needs to cut out some of these poor decisions otherwise he'll get fired.

Your the worst troll on the forum, your Wumming has been allowed to run rampant, don't get sensitive about being called out for it.

I feel bad for Emery that his fanboys are such plastics. Dump him as soon as results start going south. He’s a decent man and needs more respect and support from good people.

More wumming?

There's nothing plastic about :arsenal3: > Manager, if anything your Arsene > Club is what's plastic.

The mistake you made is you presumed I was ever a "Fanboy" I said he had a seasons grace, that is not a die hard fan boy.
Fanboy is what you are with Arsene Wenger, the truth is a person like me isn't sad enough to blindly follow any individual regardless of results, I'll leave that lemming mentality behaviour to oddities like you. :thumbsup:
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby Est83 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:28 pm

Angelito wrote:
Est83 wrote:On the plus side... Henry left the season after he was made captain. Fabregas left the season after he was made captain. RVP left the season after he was made captain. Vermaelen too? There's more I'm sure.

On the minus side, Arteta retired here as captain. Mertesacker retired here as captain. :hiding:

No one asked for your input man :shhh:

MASSA LIKES BIG!
Est83
Member of the Year 2010
Member of the Year 2010

Postby swipe right » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:30 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:
DiamondGooner wrote:
swipe right wrote:What happened to that BS five captains theory of Emery’s? Looks like he couldn’t even remain committed to that.

Not only is he a troll but he's also blind.

How many people do you see on that list? ........... but oh silly me, you already knew that but your out hunting for a reaction.

Of all the people that have been banned recently and this guy is the worst culprit of them all remains untouched.

You’re the troll. You hated on Wenger and now you’re hating on Emery. You bring a very negative energy to the club and forum. I loved Wenger, and my only issue is with Emery which makes my opinions issue based and unbiased. I may love the next manager. But I guarantee you will be hating the next manager as well.

:rofll:

I supported Wenger .......... until he was sh*t.

I supported Emery ALL of last season and I still relatively support him but he needs to cut out some of these poor decisions otherwise he'll get fired.

Your the worst troll on the forum, your Wumming has been allowed to run rampant, don't get sensitive about being called out for it.

I feel bad for Emery that his fanboys are such plastics. Dump him as soon as results start going south. He’s a decent man and needs more respect and support from good people.

More wumming?

There's nothing plastic about :arsenal3: > Manager, if anything your Arsene > Club is what's plastic.

The mistake you made is you presumed I was ever a "Fanboy" I said he had a seasons grace, that is not a die hard fan boy.
Fanboy is what you are with Arsene Wenger, the truth is a person like me isn't sad enough to blindly follow any individual regardless of results, I'll leave that lemming mentality behaviour to oddities like you. :thumbsup:

Do the honorable thing and support him till the end. Dumping him now says a lot about you.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Sep 30, 2019 3:42 pm

swipe right wrote:Do the honorable thing and support him till the end. Dumping him now says a lot about you.

No, I'll leave zealot like pandering to you the expert.

What even makes you think that Emery deserves my unfettered, un-judged support in the first place you weird man?

Football is a results game, where's the honour in supporting a manager if they're doing a bad job?

Its like having a Financial Advisor that loses you £1,000's but you stick with him anyway? don't think so.

Like I said club > Manager .......... a foreign concept to you I'm sure.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:31 pm

.................. yeah.

I think this thread needs bumping lol, pretty relevant.

Was going to make a new one then remembered we already had one.

As I voted for last time Lacazette should be captain, he's liked by all our best players like Auba, Pepe and Guendouzi anyway.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby gamechannel » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:37 pm

Laca the captain with Guen as the deputy.
gamechannel
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk