2-1 WE WON!!!!!

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

2-1 WE WON!!!!!

Postby pirezfan » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:57 pm

hard-fought game but we did it

WE DID IT!!!!

And liverpool drew against Man City!!!

A good chance for 3rd place perhaps??? :)
once a gooner...ALWAYS A GOONER!!
GO GUNNERS GO!
pirezfan
Patrick Vieira

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:49 pm

And about time too! and at last our midfielders have got on the score sheet, been up to my neck in it today, so havent got to see the highlites yet, but from what match reports ive read sounds like we dominated for most of the match despite going 1-0.
great comeback for us & no doubt this will be a huge morale boost for the squad.

3rd? im not counting my chicks yet, Liverpool have what could be classed as an easier run-in than us, as we have to face Sp**s at the lane as well as host Chelsea at the Emirates.

Arsenal remaining fixtures:
H Man City
A Sp**s
H Fulham
H Chelski
A Pompey

Liverpool remaining fixtures:
H Boro
H Wigan
A Pompey
A Fulham
H Charlton

(As well as the semi final legs in the Champions league V Chelski, after their Wigan & Pompey fixtures)
The only team i can see the scouse dropping points against realisticly is Pompey. :/

Where as we have two BIG games in our last 5, plus we dont have the advantage of a game in hand over Liverpool now, but rather played 1 less than Bolton.
TBH id be greatful for 4th place right now, and so relieved that we managed to widen the gap to 5pts between us & Bolton, who have always been a booby team for Arsenal.

Although ill agree it is good to see the scouse drop points, but Man City havent lost a match in about 5 games.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby left right left » Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:21 pm

almost forgot what3 points were like
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby rvtheace » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:49 am

Finally managed to watch a full match on TV after a long time, and it was a good match to watch as well!

Thank goodness for the goals, it's the type we've been sorely lacking. A predatory finish from Rosicky and composed winner from Cesc. Bolton are just such a crappy team, to think that we have to fear them at all is ridiculous!

But the finishing was almost comical at times. If our strikers continue to miss as much as this, we won't have a chance of snatching that third spot.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby CLS » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:44 am

WE CAN RELAX A BIT NOW ,
IT WAS GREAT TO SEE CESC TAKE HIS TIME AND SHOWED GREAT COMPOSURE IN FRONT OF GOAL FOR A CHANGE
http://www.myspace.com/screema69

"IVE CHANGED MY SIG BUT IN CASE LRL FORGETS I AM
PREDICTION LEAGUE WINNER 2006
GOONER IDOL WINNER 2007
CAPTION COMP WINNER 2007 "
CLS
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Piston Broke » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:21 am

rvtheace wrote:But the finishing was almost comical at times. If our strikers continue to miss as much as this, we won't have a chance of snatching that third spot.

Yeah Agreed Baptista is truly awful i really hope we don't sign him in the summer I'd rather bring in Ryan Babel for about £6/7m
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Fordy » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:27 am

i was a Baptista but even i think he looks pants at the minute
Fordy

Postby Piston Broke » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:31 am

Fordy wrote:i was a Baptista but even i think he looks pants at the minute

You was a Baptista ? :P :wink:

Yeah i had high hopes for him i thought he was gonna more of a midfield Powerhouse Scoring type player but it seems he's being geared up more for an out an out striker's role and he just ain't good enough for that

and with that in mind Powerhouse ??? He's a pussy!
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Windass10 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:44 am

Anelka always taunts us the git and he scored again past us. :x
Windass10

Postby Fordy » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:47 am

Fordy wrote:i was a Baptista but even i think he looks pants at the minute
lol i meant baptista fan
Fordy

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:03 pm

I felt the same,i mean when Baptista 1st came to us on loan, i expected so much more from him, whether is cos he needs time to settle & get used to the prem & our style of play im unsure, although without making excuses for Julio, Wenger has been tinkering with his position a bit, but at this moment in time as a midfeilder i much prefer Diaby of the two.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby left right left » Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:32 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:I felt the same,i mean when Baptista 1st came to us on loan, i expected so much more from him, whether is cos he needs time to settle & get used to the prem & our style of play im unsure, although without making excuses for Julio, Wenger has been tinkering with his position a bit, but at this moment in time as a midfeilder i much prefer Diaby of the two.

me too!! i have always been a beast fan! but! i think diaby could become one of the best players in the prem in years to come
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Return to Arsenal Talk