Arsenal heading for takeover

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Arsenal heading for takeover

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:07 am

Im really suprised no-one bothered to reply to my post over the ITV shares, aint any of you worried about the fact that this Kroenke guy is trying to get his hands on our shares? And that Danny Fizman *the highest shareholer* is slowly offloading his?

more news:

Arsenal.com

Kroenke gets more Arsenal shares

And i wouldnt be suprised if Danny Fizman, ends up selling ALL his shares, he now lives in Geneva for tax purposes & did not attend the last AGM, all this is very unsettling.

Personally im not against a takeover, but i would rather our club remains in British hands.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Piston Broke » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:50 am

even if Fizman sells his shares it still won't be enough as it be about 34% of total shares can't see it happening though to be honest but if it did i don't think I'd be too bothered Kroenke is a very shrewd businessman i think he could be good for us :)
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby left right left » Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:21 pm

i dont want to go the same way as chelsea!!! i want arsenal to be remmebered for what we r and what we have done!!! and not a team who without billions of pounds would be nothing winning nothing!!!

well thank you very much 8)
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:00 am

Kev, the difference being that IF we get taken over,at least we can hold our heads high as we are already a big club in terms of success & consistency.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby rvtheace » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:18 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Kev, the difference being that IF we get taken over,at least we can hold our heads high as we are already a big club in terms of success & consistency.

Yeah, like the Mancs. The Glazers are not the ones attributed to this season's success.
rvtheace
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby left right left » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:47 am

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Kev, the difference being that IF we get taken over,at least we can hold our heads high as we are already a big club in terms of success & consistency.

GOOD POINT MISSY :wink:
you mess and you get the knocked the f**k out baby!!!!!!
left right left
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Yorkyblue » Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:55 pm

rvtheace wrote:

Yeah, like the Mancs. The Glazers are not the ones attributed to this season's success.

Are you f***ing stupid?

Rooney £25m
Ferdinand £29m
Ronaldo £13m
Carrick £18m
Heinze £7m
Evra £6m
Smith £7m
Vidic £7m
Saha £13m
Park £5m
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Piston Broke » Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:25 am

Yorkyblue wrote:
rvtheace wrote:

Are you f***ing stupid?

Rooney £25m
Ferdinand £29m
Ronaldo £13m
Carrick £18m
Heinze £7m
Evra £6m
Smith £7m
Vidic £7m
Saha £13m
Park £5m

I don't get your point Jon ?

most of those players where there before the glazers arrived ?
Piston Broke
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: Arsenal heading for takeover

Postby ken day » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:02 pm

Personally im not against a takeover, but i would rather our club remains in British hands.[/quote]Where you coming from H, your first team are all forign as is all your backroom staff, so British hands is all bollox
you win some, you lose some, chillout and enjoy life
ken day
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:15 pm

Neither do i see the point....

Utd were already self sufficient previous to the Glazer take-over & one of the richest clubs in the world, through winning, gate recipts & marketing the team, with a massive global fan base.

So when Glazer took over i can understand teh manx supportters annoyance because with him he brought debt.

Jon you have pointed out the players in which Utd have signed but not those that they have sold on....

Nistlerooy
Keane
Djemba-Djemba
Kleiberson
Forlan
Veron
and of course Beckham despite being sold the year before the takeover.
There's a tidy packet there that would have brought quite a bit of income to the club.

You cant complain about Utd's spending its EARNT, unlike Chelsea's who were bank rolled to get the players they got, exception of John Terry.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Yorkyblue » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:28 pm

She_Gunner_Wales wrote:Neither do i see the point....

Utd were already self sufficient previous to the Glazer take-over & one of the richest clubs in the world, through winning, gate recipts & marketing the team, with a massive global fan base.

So when Glazer took over i can understand teh manx supportters annoyance because with him he brought debt.

Jon you have pointed out the players in which Utd have signed but not those that they have sold on....

Nistlerooy
Keane
Djemba-Djemba
Kleiberson
Forlan
Veron
and of course Beckham despite being sold the year before the takeover.
There's a tidy packet there that would have brought quite a bit of income to the club.

You cant complain about Utd's spending its EARNT, unlike Chelsea's who were bank rolled to get the players they got, exception of John Terry.

And how many of those players did they lose money on? RVN, Djemba, Kleiberson, Forlan - I don't think Keane was sold.

I doubt the sales of the lot of them brought in the money for just Rooney, nevermind anyone else.
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Fordy » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:06 pm

to be fair to chelsea they have to pay more for a player than anyone else does
when they got drogba he was only going for 12 then when chelsea came in they wanted 25 all of a sudden

Also real madrid have proved you cant buy a team they spent millions on players and not won anything since
Fordy

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue May 01, 2007 9:44 am

Jon....The fact of the matter remains that had abromivich NOT taken over chelsea they would be in ruins now, what Utd have spent or lost in terms of finances is not really relevant, as the money they spent they have EARNED oblivious to their take-over as they were ALREADY a self suffiecient club.
Where has Chelsea have been bank-rolled it, had they not sold out then they would have been in dire trouble & would have been a far cry from the success they are currently enjoying.

Fordy wrote:to be fair to chelsea they have to pay more for a player than anyone else does
when they got drogba he was only going for 12 then when chelsea came in they wanted 25 all of a sudden

Also real madrid have proved you cant buy a team they spent millions on players and not won anything since

They have got only themselves to blame for that, especailly when they were publicly putting price tags on other teams players, they were prepared to offer us £50M for Thierry.
SWP being another, who was not worth half the £20-£21M they paid, i dont mean that in disrespect to Shaun by no means, but to pay well over the odds for a player so that another club cant afford to compete....what do they expect?
Look at their past big money flops, Veron,who for £15M made only 15 appearances for the club, dont need a mathematicain to work out thats £1m per game, Mutu (who fair enough they made a little bit of cash from his sale) and Kezman, even Sheva could well be joining that list, as i dont believe he is suited to the Premiership.
Does it not show that they have not learnt from their previous mistakes? or that of your own club's demise, Leeds? because from where im sat its a copy-cat picture. Should the Russian get bored & bugger off they will once again find themselves not having the money to pay their stars wages, and then where will that leave them? not that im concerned because i would love nothing more than to see them fall, and the Bigger they come the Harder they Fall. ;)

Chelsea were also in for Carrick,which pushed up the price that Utd paid, so it affects every team who are also in for the same player who Chelsea are.
It even affected Arsenal in the war to sign Theo Walcott, at least Theo had his head screwed on & knew he would get 1st team at Arsenal, despite it not being week in week out, he had more of an opportunity with us than Chelsea. Had he gone to the blues do you honestly think he would have got even 5 mins play?

ken day wrote:Where you coming from H, your first team are all forign as is all your backroom staff, so British hands is all bollox

I see exactly where your coming from, and i spose i was clutching at straws a bit, but tbh i dont want to see us taken over full stop, part of the reason we were building and have now moved into our new stadium, was so it would generate more money from gate receipts, in hindsight the Emirates should have had a larger capacity, seeing as the demand for season tickets is still so high, it was all part of the master plan to keep us self sufficient.
Which in turn is slowly working, seeing as we have trebled our income in 6 years, despite only moving into our new stadium this season.

We do not need a take-over & neither do i want one.
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Postby Yorkyblue » Tue May 01, 2007 1:14 pm

We're never going to agree Helen. Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool fans are all just so against Chelsea. Nobody else really is. Even Fordy is sticking up for Chelsea and he's a Leeds fan, doesn't that show you something? I think it's just down to the other big clubs being jealous. :)

Funniest thing about all that is how you go on to say how the free transfer of Kezman was a waste of money. :lol: :lol:
Yorkyblue
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby She_Gunner_Wales » Tue May 01, 2007 4:08 pm

Yorkyblue wrote:We're never going to agree Helen. Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool fans are all just so against Chelsea. Nobody else really is. Even Fordy is sticking up for Chelsea and he's a Leeds fan, doesn't that show you something? I think it's just down to the other big clubs being jealous. :)

Jealous? your having a laugh!?

Do enlighten me, what is there to be jealous of?
I am certainly not jealous of chelsea, good luck to them, but you earn respect not command it.

What do Chelsea have that Arsenal dont? exception of a billionaire owner which we do not need, now dont tell me they above us in the league, & they have won more than us in the past 2 seasons, i mean c'mon we may not be in the last 4 of the Champions League but we got to the final last year. We have been very unlucky with injuries this season, if Chelsea lost nearly 3/4 of their squad them im sure they would have struggled too, despite their so called galacticos on the bench, hell, they struggled losing just John Terry & Petr Cech! There are plenty of games which we should have won but ended up drawing, & droppnng points, Spurs recently to name just one. We also got to the Carling Cup final only to lose to a goal that was offside!
Jealous? i think not....Bitter? Yes, but not because of their success or their manager or their squad even, exception of 1......But because of Ashley Cole, who one day would have no doubt have gone to captain our club, who was meant to be Arsenal through & through, who grew up cheering us on from the stands, who came through our youth set-up, who WE turned into the world class left back he is now, until they tapped him up & lured him away, Cashley may not have been an innocent party but i fully blame chelsea for sticking their noses in where it was not wanted nor legal!

So i think i have made it clear that my hatred of Chelsea is as strong as it is for the Yids, if not even stronger, so when the dirt needs to be dished, you can bet your bottom dollar i will dish it.

Funniest thing about all that is how you go on to say how the free transfer of Kezman was a waste of money. :lol: :lol:

OKAAAAY, Get your facts right 1st Jon, Kezman was NOT a free transfer, or are you getting confused with Ballack transfer more recently?

The fee was actually undisclosed...but is rumoured to be in the region of £8m, go ahead, find & ask PSV fans they should be able to give the exact figure.

But one thing you are right about Jon is the fact that we will NEVER agree on this particulr subject! ;)

Rant over...for now. ;)
She_Gunner_Wales
Graphics Team

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk