Formations, Tactics, Analysis, and Statistics

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: So how do we lineup this season?

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Dejan wrote:Guendouzi, torrito and luiz in 1 midfield pg?

Are we playing barcelona?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
No but our defence is rubbish and that front three could then focus on attacking, as could the full backs.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby NovaGB » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:41 pm

RIght now...because i'm sick of getting countered..

---------------------Lacazette------------
Aubameyang--------------------Pepe
----------Guendouzi--Torreira-------
Tierney---------------------------Bellerin
----------Luiz---Sokratis--Holding----
--------------------Leno---------------------

But with the scraps we are feeding on, i'm starting to miss Ozil.
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby coolaa » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:38 am

1st 11
Leno
Bellerin Sokratis holding Tierney
Cabellos luiz
Pepe ozil Aubameyang
Lacazette

2nd
Martinez
AMN Mavropanos chambers Kolasinac
Willock Torreira
Nelson Guendouzi saka
Martinelli
coolaa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Arsenal Tone » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:01 pm

Tony_Adams wrote:Image

Not sure where Ozil fits in but Saliba takes Mustafi's spot when he arrives and competes with Sokratis for a starting place next to Holding.
Still think this
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:41 pm

Leno Martinez Macey

Bellerin Sokratis Luiz Tierney Kola

Chambers Holding

Aubameyang
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby elkanofan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:11 am

The fact this thread has had no activity the last three weeks is what depresses me the most about our club at the moment. Its clear it's no working with Emery, however so many are clueless to how shit this team is in pure ability outside of Laca, Auba and Leno.

Whoever replaces Emery has a monumental job on his hands. This is the worst Arsenal team in 25 years, this is easily the worst selection of midfielders in 25 years and a midfield for for midtable or even flirting with relegation.

I said this before, with Xhaka's absence and now Ceballos' injury has exposed Emery's biggest, most important and most unforgivable failure. Not tactics, not communication, not even substitutions but making sure he had a quality balanced midfield to make top 4 and win the Europa this season.

Emerys passive attempts to get rid of Ozil this summer who's clearly past it i think is a huge factor to this mess and why he deserved to be sacked! 1 f***ing assist and 1 shot in 7 games this season!!! Few to no dribbles completed and running out to the wing to play safe passes and hide on 350k a week. No manager can change this! Shambles of a club we are.

Right now the only solution i believe we have until january is any variation with 2 up front with Laca and Auba.

Leno

Bellerin - Sokratis - Luiz - Tierney

Pepe - Matteo - Torreria - Saka/Nelson

Auba & Laca

Or this which i think works better but will all that's left of Pepe's confidence.

Leno

Luiz - Sokratis - Holding

Bellerin - Matteo - Torreria - Willock - Tierney

Auba & Laca

Going forward. We have lost our pressing game since our midfield lacks the mobility to sustain this in any periods in the game anymore. This midfield 3 however:

Matteo - Torreria

- Willock -

Is the only combination I've seen which was good enough to press high consistently as a unit. Willock and Torreria's movement being key to this. This combo was used when Ozil became a passenger at 4-4 in that silly match vs Liverpool C however for 10 minutes after this sub with this combination we pressed high, started to gain a solid foothold then this resulted in a wonder goal from Willock.

This isn't quality but its something that in the future we need to build around Matteo anyway and Willock and a better attacking mid along with a possible replacment for the wantaway Torreria should be looked at.

I really don't think our defence is terrible, i think its good in pure quality actually, it can be improved but its much better than some of the shit we had in the mid Wenger era especially around 2008-2011! Its the midfield which is shocking bad and gives it no protection. Absolutley no protection whatsoever, we could sign van Dijk, Cheilini, Ramos, whoever and they would still struggle with no protection.

Everytime we have played Ozil this season bar the Forest game the opposition out shoots us like crazy, as a unit we are mess with him in the team off the ball because others like Laca, Auba, Torreria do his job for him which unbalances us usually leading to the opponents being able to create attacks with ease.

The problem isn't just Ozil either its that without Xhaka who is flawed defensively anyway we lack midfielders with enough disciple and awareness to manage their positioning. We have a player in Torreria who is good enough in regards to positioning but looking at how poor, slow, technically deficient the rest of our midfield is he's played in a box to box role which shows his limits. Its not his fault, i do feel for him. He's just in a very poorly balanced midfield.

Whatever combination we use. We are a very poor team now, a former force in a growing crisis within serious threat of losing its top 6 status altogether over the next 2-5 years. We have talented young players but no enough senior players in midfield for them to come in and make a impact for us to win the Europa or get top 4. Sadly some like Martinelli will leave the way we are progressively getting worse as a club year after year.

Whoever replaces Emery, there is no easy way back to the top with such a crap midfield.

100% hope 0% expectation this season now.
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby LMAO » Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:24 am

elkanofan wrote:Everytime we have played Ozil this season bar the Forest game the opposition out shoots us like crazy, as a unit we are mess with him in the team off the ball because others like Laca, Auba, Torreria do his job for him which unbalances us usually leading to the opponents being able to create attacks with ease.

...we still get outshot without Ozil in the team.

...we're still a mess without Ozil in the team.

...we still don't create chances without Ozil in the team.

You gotta stop blaming Ozil for everything. The system, or lack thereof, is crap. We get a system, and we'll look a lot better, lacking midfield or not.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby FrustratedGooner » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:05 am

Ozil is the least of the problems we have, the whole team is playing bad apart from a few.

Don’t get me wrong not defending him or anything but the whole team is off balance with no clear instruction on what to do which make him seem even worse.
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby elkanofan » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:25 pm

LMAO wrote:
elkanofan wrote:Everytime we have played Ozil this season bar the Forest game the opposition out shoots us like crazy, as a unit we are mess with him in the team off the ball because others like Laca, Auba, Torreria do his job for him which unbalances us usually leading to the opponents being able to create attacks with ease.

...we still get outshot without Ozil in the team.

Now that's the case consistently, however before Xhakas hissy fit it was nowhere near as bad as it is now.

...we're still a mess without Ozil in the team.

True, especially without Xhaka. The team has been f***ing rudderless since his hissy fit. Emery deserves all blame for that. He should of assembled more depth in the team in the summer.

...we still don't create chances without Ozil in the team.

We don't create much with him either.

You gotta stop blaming Ozil for everything. The system, or lack thereof, is crap. We get a system, and we'll look a lot better, lacking midfield or not.

What system? The manager has tried every goddam system and nothing has worked! He's tried more formations than almost anyone and nothing has worked. For me that shows the team isn't very good or as i have said lacks balance in midfield ans attack.

No 'magic' system will fix us. The best we can hope for is some new manager momentum. Then its back to square one. Just like United and Ole last year, infact just like Claude Puel when he replaced the 'non' manager in Craig Shakespehere. We MUST buy in January. That's the only solution to the craphole we are in.

The team fundamentally ain't good enough. Look at Sarri last season at Chelsea! Half the team thought he was a wasteman but if you have quality and a balanced team you can still get results and win things with one or two tactical systems.

Getting 350k off our wage bill will go a long way to improving the team and rebuilding our midfield. We can buy 3 players with that 350k!
elkanofan
George Graham
George Graham

Postby NovaGB » Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:40 am

4231 with the obvious choices, just deeper defensive f***ing line and deeper attacking line of engagement to utilise auba and pepes pace, i really don't know why Emery has not tried this and insists on making our slow-as-a-boat at turning cbs stand on the half way line.

--------------------Laca-------
Auba--------------Ozil--------------Pepe
-----------Torreira--Douzi------
Tierney-------Luiz--Sokratis--Bellerin
----------------------Leno------------------
NovaGB
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:00 pm

Leno
Bellerín - Sokratis - Luiz - Tierney
Ceballos - Torreira
Ozil
Pepe - Lacazette - Auba

Excited!
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Dejan » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:15 pm

Awful midfield.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby FrustratedGooner » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:33 am

Aubameyang
Lacazette
Martinelli Guendouzi Torreira Pépé
Tierney Holding Luiz Bellerin
Leno

:dontknow:
FrustratedGooner
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Roycck » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:52 am

Ozil needs to start, there isn't anyone in the team who can do a crisp pass.
Roycck
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby swipe right » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:02 am

——Auba—Laca—AMN
——-———-Ozil
——Guendozi—Torreira
Tierney—Sok—Luiz—Chambers
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp