The Arsenal shop employees are morons

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

The Arsenal shop employees are morons

Postby FARM » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:16 pm

So yesterday as I was near to the Emirates, I decided to go into the shop, I am interested in buying the retro shirt with the cannon on so thought I'll have a look at prices and see if there was a sale, I'm not paying £40 for a piece of cotton which costs in region of 85p - 95p to manufacture.

So as I was wondering around some employee was stood there staring, and I said to him ''I bet Kronke loves all these minions spending money in here'', and he said "very good sir" in a very strong Indian accent. So then I said "if Kronke could only spend half of what people spend on these shirts then maybe we could get somewhere!" to which he replied "very good sir" . At that point the conversation was beyond dead so whatever I just walked out.

Pathetic, the club has sold its soul, I remember the good ole days when I went to the Arsenal shop in Finsbury Park, lovely service there and they knew how to actually have a conversation.
Chickens, Turkeys, Pigs and Lambs, and more on my farm. Plenty of livestock to feed the masses. Come visit my farm, don't be a stranger.
FARM
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Re: The Arsenal shop employees are morons

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:21 pm

Did you expect Arsenal employees to start slagging off Stan Kroenke to some bloke who just walked in off the street?

That really would make them morons.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby StLGooner » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:27 pm

I uh.....ummmm………..I...……...uhhhhhh…………...hmmm...….. I don't know what to say about this post.
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:36 pm

I think all that country air has gone to his head.
Last edited by Phil71 on Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby UFGN » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:37 pm

If a customer came up to me at work and started slagging my company's chairman, I would respond in the same way

I think maybe the shop worker wasn't the moron in that convo
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:39 pm

If thart Starn Krornk came round to me oid get moi gun and tell im to get orf moi larnd.

Bluddy yarnks.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby HalHartley » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:08 am

FARM wrote:So yesterday as I was near to the Emirates, I decided to go into the shop, I am interested in buying the retro shirt with the cannon on so thought I'll have a look at prices and see if there was a sale, I'm not paying £40 for a piece of cotton which costs in region of 85p - 95p to manufacture.

So as I was wondering around some employee was stood there staring, and I said to him ''I bet Kronke loves all these minions spending money in here'', and he said "very good sir" in a very strong Indian accent. So then I said "if Kronke could only spend half of what people spend on these shirts then maybe we could get somewhere!" to which he replied "very good sir" . At that point the conversation was beyond dead so whatever I just walked out.

Pathetic, the club has sold its soul, I remember the good ole days when I went to the Arsenal shop in Finsbury Park, lovely service there and they knew how to actually have a conversation.

Very good sir :biggrin:
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby theHotHead » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:56 am

Lol, I think the point is that the service was a bit robotic, I am sure if someone slagged off your boss at work you would be able to mutter more than "very good sir".

Perhaps the chap could've asked why Farm thought so or deflected the comment and engaged in some kind of discussion.

So many touchy people in the world, daaaaayam.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Return to Arsenal Talk