Freddie Ljungberg leaves club

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Freddie Ljungberg leaves club

Postby Zenith » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:36 pm

As part of our ongoing strategy to fully develop our young players, and to efficiently bring them through to the first team, we are making some coaching changes.

Our goal is to create a ‘transition team’ which will collectively manage a player’s development through some of the hardest and most challenging periods of their professional lives. The aim is to create a clear framework for our young players to fulfil their potential at the highest level.

Freddie Ljungberg, who currently leads our under-23s, will become assistant first-team coach. We are delighted with the impact Freddie has made in helping to develop our young players into the first team and he fully deserves this promotion. Alongside his new coaching responsibilities, Freddie will have a strong focus on the young players who are moving into the first team group.

Full article on Arsenal.com
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Re: Freddie Ljungberg, Assistant Coach

Postby Sims » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:41 pm

I think this almost guarantees his appointment as head coach once Emery leaves
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Power n Glory » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Bould back coaching the kids. He was better with the kids but that feels like a demotion.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:03 pm

Sims wrote:I think this almost guarantees his appointment as head coach once Emery leaves

That's the vibe I'm getting. Emery will get another year and maybe a 1 yr extension if we win something, but Freddie will be our new mgr sooner rather than later.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Dejan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:04 pm

Power n Glory wrote:Bould back coaching the kids. He was better with the kids but that feels like a demotion.
Is that confirmed?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:09 pm

Dejan wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:Bould back coaching the kids. He was better with the kids but that feels like a demotion.
Is that confirmed?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Yes
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Va-Va-Voom » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:32 pm

Bring back the red streak down the middle tbh, don't care if he's bald.
Va-Va-Voom
Member of the Year 2015
Member of the Year 2015

Postby Losmeister » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:59 pm

fine by me
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby DiamondGooner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:18 pm

That's all he's worth.

Sorry but or defence has been a shambles, if he can't do the job then why is he there?
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:51 pm

This is a good thing. Always prefer an insider than some outsider pretending to be a Messiah, and trying to change the whole hog.
With Ljungberg, our style and substance will be preserved . Sooner Unai goes the better.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby EliteKiller » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:44 am

Whilst I have no issue with Freddie isn't just shuffling the pack perpetuating all the issues we've had for years? As much as an internal appointment is good for continuity and stability that only works if things are all going well .... sometimes you need to bring in an outsider and shake up the system.

Looking at Arsenal every time we bring in a personality that might effect change they're gone in a very short time, we revert to a CEO, a Manager, and a Coaching staff who are just clones of their predecessors ... how will that make things better?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:46 am

But wait, people have been pissing in their beds about the prospect of Arteta managing the club because he had no experience, so how comes it will be ok for Freddie to become manager in the next couple of seasons?

I don't get it. I do have to say though that Freddie's legend status means he will be welcomed with open arms by me, if it does happen.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:13 am

The way things have been going he is lucky to be at the club, should have gone with Wonga.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:54 am

Nuggets wrote:

The way things have been going he is lucky to be at the club, should have gone with Wonga.

To be fair he should never have been promoted by Wenger if he was not going to actually be allowed to coach the team defensively.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby DiamondGooner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:31 am

theHotHead wrote:But wait, people have been pissing in their beds about the prospect of Arteta managing the club because he had no experience, so how comes it will be ok for Freddie to become manager in the next couple of seasons?

I don't get it. I do have to say though that Freddie's legend status means he will be welcomed with open arms by me, if it does happen.

Well who really said that, one person?

I don't want Freddie to be manager, but if we did choose him in a few years at least the fans and club get a measure of the guy before we accept him in that role.

Arteta was just going to swan into a spot he isn't qualified for, at least Freddie would be tested in house first.

That doesn't mean I'm happy with that, but that is what Arteta should of been offered if we were seriously considering him, Assistant manager with a possible appointment to manager upon proving yourself.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk