William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba

Postby weaponx57 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:17 pm

if saliba is being looked at as a young future WC CB by other clubs besides us then we are gonna lost it.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Arsenal have agreed personal terms with William Saliba and player has agreed to sign a 5 year deal. Arsenal now pushing hard to agree a free with his team.

http://www.footmercato.net/ligue-1/tran ... iba_256632

Source: @OsmanZtheGooner
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby Sims » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:55 pm

COME ONNNNN PLEASE HAPPEN
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby swipe right » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:48 am

swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby yadunoe » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:09 am

You guys seem to rate him so ill take your word no clue of his quality and i dont know if i trust the new set up as much as I trust mislintat. Is this kid good enough to be a 3rd choice because i think next year holding and sokratis is good enough with our low budget
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby gooney » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:27 am

yadunoe wrote:You guys seem to rate him so ill take your word no clue of his quality and i dont know if i trust the new set up as much as I trust mislintat. Is this kid good enough to be a 3rd choice because i think next year holding and sokratis is good enough with our low budget

Good enough to finish top 6? No way it will be thr weakest cb combination in top 6
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Dejan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:45 am

Sims wrote:COME ONNNNN PLEASE HAPPEN
Sims happy?

Then we are f***ked

Xhaka v2

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:06 am

The lad's 18 years old and has played just 1,277 of Ligue 1 football ... St-Etienne allegedly want 26m for him that's crazy ... he's a central defender whose biggest weakness is in the air - he's a 5m-10m player that someone is going to spend 20m on to have in their development system for five years, might make the grade worst case good re-sale value. Would be great if we had 200m to spend but if this is 50% of our 40m budget then I'm not so sure ....

Do we not have our own young development defenders already? Olowu, Ballard, Clarke, Pleguezuelo, Omole, Medley .... what's the point of London Colney if none of that talent is any good?
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:36 am

EliteKiller wrote:The lad's 18 years old and has played just 1,277 of Ligue 1 football ... St-Etienne allegedly want 26m for him that's crazy ... he's a central defender whose biggest weakness is in the air - he's a 5m-10m player that someone is going to spend 20m on to have in their development system for five years, might make the grade worst case good re-sale value. Would be great if we had 200m to spend but if this is 50% of our 40m budget then I'm not so sure ....

Do we not have our own young development defenders already? Olowu, Ballard, Clarke, Pleguezuelo, Omole, Medley .... what's the point of London Colney if none of that talent is any good?

You literally just went on whoscored and awe the weakness without any context. Whoscored once had finishing as a strength for Yaya Sanogo. The bloke is 6’4”, he had Loic Perrin next to him most of the time whose 5’11”, who are teams going to target more in the air?

He wins about 62% of his aerial duels, Van Dijk’s is above 70%, Laporte 52%

These are the signings we need to be making. He’s come in and transformed that Saint-Étienne defence, just look at the results before and after he’s come in

He’s already got an aura and a presence about him, with most of their fans can’t believe he’s going to Arsenal, they think he should be going to a much better club
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:06 am

We've missed out on signings like this for too long instead opting for weirdo stat DNA guys no one considers promising or elite. People are genuinely talking about this kid because he's performed well and touted as a top talent. That's worth the risk to me. Plus if gendouz came from Ligue 2 and went right into our squad and appeared in 35 odd games last year I'd expect this guy to go straight in next to sokratis no f***ing about. Really excited and hope it goes through
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby PairyGrows » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:29 am

Whether this signing will be good or not (and whether it will happen in the first place) will be determined by the fee. If we pay less than £10m for Saliba, we may have made a good signing. Paying £20m or more for him would be absolutely ludicrous.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby ALLCAPS_ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:53 am

He's not going for less than £10M that's dream land. Look our budget buys us 2 things; mediocrity or potential. There are no hidden world class players out there for 12 million quid. we either go 15-20 and accept that the guys we are signing will be limited/what we already have or we take a risk and buy a guy who in 18 months time might be worth 50,60,70... f***ing anything as long as he aint mustafi level embarrassing. you need to be so bad in this market for your value to decrease at his age. Well worth the risk imo at the quoted price of 20-25m euros. Plus i think he genuinly looks a player from what i've seen
ALLCAPS_
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:22 am

Sims wrote:
EliteKiller wrote:The lad's 18 years old and has played just 1,277 of Ligue 1 football ... St-Etienne allegedly want 26m for him that's crazy ... he's a central defender whose biggest weakness is in the air - he's a 5m-10m player that someone is going to spend 20m on to have in their development system for five years, might make the grade worst case good re-sale value. Would be great if we had 200m to spend but if this is 50% of our 40m budget then I'm not so sure ....

You literally just went on whoscored and awe the weakness without any context. Whoscored once had finishing as a strength for Yaya Sanogo. The bloke is 6’4”, he had Loic Perrin next to him most of the time whose 5’11”, who are teams going to target more in the air?

He wins about 62% of his aerial duels, Van Dijk’s is above 70%, Laporte 52%

These are the signings we need to be making. He’s come in and transformed that Saint-Étienne defence, just look at the results before and after he’s come in

He’s already got an aura and a presence about him, with most of their fans can’t believe he’s going to Arsenal, they think he should be going to a much better club

Wow .... "he's come in and transformed St-Etienne defence" .... hmmm maybe on football manager ....

First 20 games W10 D6 L4 F31 A23 - 36 Points
Last 20 games W11 D3 L6 F32 A18 - 36 Points (Saliba played in 16 of them)

Yup utterly transformed them ..... it's like chalk and well chalk ....

His weakness in the air (do some research) is not from defensive headers in open play he's very good at those, it's getting beaten at corners and set pieces where his man gets away from him far to easily, a skill that will fit right in with our lot ... of course at 18 positional weakness against 30 year old experienced strikers is to be expected, imagine how that weakness will be ruthlessly exploited in the EPL ... BIG BIG learning curve coming up for this lad, would love us to sign him as one for three or four years time but we simply don't have the cash for that ....
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:07 pm

Well if Emery is a good manager then he can fix those supposed issues - which I don’t think will be troubling in the first place

We absolutely need him and we’re never going to pay the full whack up front anyway

Absolute no brainer
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Interesting info coming from St-Etienne seems they will accept 25m and he will sign a five year deal if we loan him straight back for a year (that will save us a years wages and maybe the bulk of the 25m is paid after 12 months) ... that should mean not very much of our 40m committed to a player we won't see for 12 months but is a great looking prospect .... I like that deal, it makes far more sense than chucking him into the EPL to get eaten alive, another 40 odd games in France should see him improve technically a great deal ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk