William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Phil71 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:30 am

What? No way does he make mistakes.

He's the next van Dijk. Better than anyone at Arsenal. Arteta is a c***.

...etc.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:59 am

Phil ...... I suppose Ben White didn't make any mistakes positionally yesterday either LOL !!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:20 am

theHotHead wrote:Phil ...... I suppose Ben White didn't make any mistakes positionally yesterday either LOL !!

Everyone makes mistakes.

Saliba has played in all 6 league games and Marseille have conceded 10 goals I think.
Their defence looks shaky and part of the reason is that Saliba is inexperienced and still needs to improve in a few areas - his positional sense and awareness included.
It's not a major issue - he is just 20 years old. He's not supposed to be all-knowing at this stage of his career.
That is why he is on loan.

He'll hopefully develop and be better by the end of the season.

But, seriously, all the nonsense elevating him to Van Dijk status was all to feed the Arteta agenda.
It should stop really because apart from anything else it is not fair on the kid himself.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:59 am

I told you a million times not to exaggerate Jay !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:50 am

theHotHead wrote:I told you a million times not to exaggerate Jay !

Come now HH. Every game we've been met with how 'magnificent' he has been - when he has not been.
He's been decent with a few flaws in a defence that is not playing well.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:21 am

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Phil ...... I suppose Ben White didn't make any mistakes positionally yesterday either LOL !!

Everyone makes mistakes.

Saliba has played in all 6 league games and Marseille have conceded 10 goals I think.
Their defence looks shaky and part of the reason is that Saliba is inexperienced and still needs to improve in a few areas - his positional sense and awareness included.
It's not a major issue - he is just 20 years old. He's not supposed to be all-knowing at this stage of his career.
That is why he is on loan.

He'll hopefully develop and be better by the end of the season.

But, seriously, all the nonsense elevating him to Van Dijk status was all to feed the Arteta agenda.
It should stop really because apart from anything else it is not fair on the kid himself.

They’ve conceded 8 goals in 7 games, that’s not bad tbh, on the whole Saliba has been very good, might not have been his best game yesterday but generally his standard has been high and performances very good.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Yago » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:24 am

He's their best CB. Balerdi is the one they're complaining about mainly.
Yago
2018 World Cup Predictions League Winner

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:25 am

Yago wrote:He's their best CB. Balerdi is the one they're complaining about mainly.

He's been ok.
He's in France to learn and I certainly see him as better than last year but with some more work to do to be ready for the PL.
He knew that himself going into this season - which shows he has a good head on his shoulders.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Yago » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:27 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Yago wrote:He's their best CB. Balerdi is the one they're complaining about mainly.

He's been ok.
He's in France to learn and I certainly see him as better than last year but with some more work to do to be ready for the PL.
He knew that himself going into this season - which shows he has a good head on his shoulders.

mate you're clueless
Yago

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:38 am

Yago wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

He's been ok.

mate you're clueless

Like I said, Saliba himself knows he is short in a number of areas - said it himself.
It's only idiots with an Arteta bad agenda who see it differently.
But do crack on... meanwhile, I am enjoying the performances of the team with the excellent new signings we have actually playing for us... and loving it.
:arse flag.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:31 am

Arsenal ace William Saliba had a weekend to forget after a dismal Sunday display that was directly to blame for Marseille’s 3-2 defeat to Lens.

Marseille suffered a shock home defeat to Lens, with Saliba at fault for two of the goals. Matteo Guendouzi also played in the loss at Marseille’s home.

Firstly, his shocking pass inside his own penalty saw Lens win a penalty. Then, for the winner, he let the attacker get across him.

His lazy, not-fussed attitude to defending has saw him earn a dismal 2/10 rating – with Marseille conceding three, when it could have been more.

https://tbrfootball.com/out-on-loan-ars ... -2-defeat/
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:51 am

Phil71 wrote:Arsenal ace William Saliba had a weekend to forget after a dismal Sunday display that was directly to blame for Marseille’s 3-2 defeat to Lens.

Marseille suffered a shock home defeat to Lens, with Saliba at fault for two of the goals. Matteo Guendouzi also played in the loss at Marseille’s home.

Firstly, his shocking pass inside his own penalty saw Lens win a penalty. Then, for the winner, he let the attacker get across him.

His lazy, not-fussed attitude to defending has saw him earn a dismal 2/10 rating – with Marseille conceding three, when it could have been more.

Oh Phill. Slander? Is that your thing now? What a mean spirited post.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:15 am

swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Arsenal ace William Saliba had a weekend to forget after a dismal Sunday display that was directly to blame for Marseille’s 3-2 defeat to Lens.

Oh Phill. Slander? Is that your thing now? What a mean spirited post.

Don't be a wally.

It's fact - as opposed to most of the posts on here about him, which are pure fantasy.

It shows that he's an ordinary player. Not some messiah sent from heaven to save us.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:19 am

A bit like White I guess an ordinary defender not some messiah from heaven to save us, it just happens that he cost 50 million :lol:
Last edited by Salibatelli on Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:20 am

Whataboutery
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk