William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba

Postby Ach » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:02 pm

Someone start a gofundme for Saliba
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:05 pm

TedLasso wrote:Im tabling a 100k a week contract tomorrow.

That's what Eddie's on and he's not even in the starting XI lol
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:05 pm

Imagine if he refuses to sign lol
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:08 pm

alexafc12 wrote:Imagine if he refuses to sign lol

Him starting today is part of Tet's charm offensive. He would have gotten the Sambi sub treatment if he hadn't had the season he did at Marseille.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:46 pm

If we don’t sign him up I reckon he’ll end up at Real Madrid next summer.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:50 pm

He'll be on the radar of most top clubs but I think he will sign with us since we're staying him. I would have been worried if he was on the bench waiting for his chace. Tomiyasu getting injured has actually helped the situation.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:05 pm

Rio Ferdinand reincarnated
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:14 pm

Power n Glory wrote:He'll be on the radar of most top clubs but I think he will sign with us since we're staying him. I would have been worried if he was on the bench waiting for his chace. Tomiyasu getting injured has actually helped the situation.

The reason I say that is because if he has one year left we have little power and when a club like Real come knocking players don’t pass up the opportunity (except for Mbappe but he’s got some sort of mega deal where he can also choose the manager and players).

That’s why I think it’s vital we sign him up.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:23 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
Power n Glory wrote:He'll be on the radar of most top clubs but I think he will sign with us since we're staying him. I would have been worried if he was on the bench waiting for his chace. Tomiyasu getting injured has actually helped the situation.

The reason I say that is because if he has one year left we have little power and when a club like Real come knocking players don’t pass up the opportunity (except for Mbappe but he’s got some sort of mega deal where he can also choose the manager and players).

That’s why I think it’s vital we sign him up.

With young players who are a little more insecure than those with experience, being in favour with the manager and a first team choice is important. Another top club may tell him he'll play off the bench and fill in for a more senior player when injured or tired.

But saying that, he could decide to not sign a new deal but act as if he will, run down his deal and then go elsewhere once he has an extra year of experience at this level.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:48 pm

I predict that he won't enter serious talks until at least after the World Cup. A place in the NT is on the line for him, and that's probably also on the manager's mind. If he performs well but misses out due to lack of minutes, any talks are DOA
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby alexafc12 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:57 pm

We need to get him tied down ASAP.

It's another example of awful contract management. We should have extended his deal last year before we sent him out on loan again.

Part of me thinks Arteta wasn't completely sold on him making it here and would have looked to move him on if he hadn't performed so well.

Woudn't be surprised if PSG / Real start making noises if we let this drag on
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:40 pm

Its ridiculous we pissed him off to this degree, only to need him to sign when he's looking potentially WC ffs.

Someone tell Eddie to get his wang out in the dressing room to make Saliba feel at home.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby VCC » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:21 am

Credit to Saliba he looks class, the type of player who could transcend players around him, also i tip my hat to Arteta because should Saliba continue in this fashion Arteta is sure to be questioned over the last two years, i like the lad its hard not to like a defender that can tackle head a ball and read the game
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:22 am

If Tomiyasu’s injury is what kept Saliba from warming the bench today then I worry whether Arteta has learned anything from his previous seasons. You play your best players in their best positions and keep them happy, full stop.

Also feel for White now who has to keep an eye over his shoulder with Tomiyasu and now Saliba breathing down his back.

With all that said, I’m loving the competition!
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby UFGN » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:40 am

CrimsonGunner11 wrote:

If Tomiyasu’s injury is what kept Saliba from warming the bench today then I worry whether Arteta has learned anything from his previous seasons. You play your best players in their best positions and keep them happy, full stop.

Also feel for White now who has to keep an eye over his shoulder with Tomiyasu and now Saliba breathing down his back.

With all that said, I’m loving the competition!

If White is sensible he will see that he's in a good position to play plenty of football.

As first cover for three different players (Saliba, Gabriel and Tomi,) he is highly likely to play more football than any of those three. He's likely to be needed in at least half the matches if not more
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk