William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Ach » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:18 pm

Its embarrassing.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Power n Glory » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:25 pm

If they were serious about him developing and having a future here, they'd have told him to pick an English side.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:47 pm

I wish we’d sent Arteta on loan for 3 years to help him develop with no option to return.

Stuff like this really doesn’t help people trust this guy, his ridiculous decisions make him look like a very poor manager indeed, that’s before you look at the performances of his team on the pitch.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:06 pm

Power n Glory wrote:If they were serious about him developing and having a future here, they'd have told him to pick an English side.

Edu and Arteta aren't out to ruin their own careers, but if you look at the kinds of decisions they make, it does look that way.

They're just giving away every young player we could be developing, and make some money selling: Willock, Saliba, Guendo, Mavropanos and more.

Meanwhile all the over-the-hill players, the ones least likely to put up with Arteta's micromanagement are still here on unmovable wages, playing terribly.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:17 pm

Power n Glory wrote:If they were serious about him developing and having a future here, they'd have told him to pick an English side.

This. how does sending him to Marseille prepare him for life in the Premiership FFS !!!

Idiots the lot of em.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:29 pm

Whatever the reason is, the people inside the club know more about it than anyone on here.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:40 pm

Phil71 wrote:Whatever the reason is, the people inside the club know more about it than anyone on here.

The same people that bought Willian and sold Emi? I think not, Phil.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:47 pm

swipe right wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Whatever the reason is, the people inside the club know more about it than anyone on here.

Willian - some signings don't work out. It happens at every club.

Martinez wanted to leave if he couldn't get 1st team football guaranteed. He's no better than Leno in my opinion. It's a shame we couldn't keep him as a no.2 but hey ho.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:48 pm

swipe right wrote:

The same people that got us to 15th place with the second worst offensive stats and ended the year with no European football for the first time in 25 years.

I put it to Phil that the people inside the club are bloody idiots.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby swipe right » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:12 pm

theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

The same people that got us to 15th place with the second worst offensive stats and ended the year with no European football for the first time in 25 years.

Phil only sees the good in people. It’s a shame really. Be more cynical Phil.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:14 pm

swipe right wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
swipe right wrote:

Phil only sees the good in people. It’s a shame really. Be more cynical Phil.

:lol:

Believe me - that's not true.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:26 pm

True.
Arsenal fans know nothing about the kid.
Had some great PR as an 18yr old but the 27m fee was out of the blue (and I still think criminality was involved in the dealings with Lille).
Never seen him play in the PL.
Some saw him play in PL2 (and he wasn't particularly good) but the vast majority have absolutely no clue about the player.
He's just a convenient stick to beat the club with.
I could understand it if we'd loaned out Saka or ESR, but Saliba? He's utterly failed to break into the first team squad.

It would seem from the outside that the most likely explanation here is that Saliba just hasn't progressed at all from his youth days. Might simply be he is not good enough or it might be he has a bad attitude to the game. I noticed from his statement that he appears close to Guendouzi. There might even be some attitude issue towards Arsenal related to that. Whatever, he's gone and thus for those looking to just smash the club (some of our fans and plenty of other fans) he's just being used.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:28 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

True.
Had some great PR as an 18yr old but the 27m fee was out of the blue (and I still think criminality was involved in the dealings with Lille).
Some saw him play in PL2 (and he wasn't particularly good) but the vast majority have absolutely no clue about the player.
I could understand it if we'd loaned out Saka or ESR, but Saliba? He's utterly failed to break into the first team squad.

Won't stop the regular reports being posted on here about how well he's doing next season against 2nd rate opposition in the French league.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:30 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Won't stop the regular reports being posted on here about how well he's doing next season against 2nd rate opposition in the French league.

Of course not.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:36 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Of course not.

...and how that somehow makes him the best thing since sliced bread.

He's pretty ordinary from what I've seen, and with that being the case that stupid video alone would be enough to get him out of the club.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk