William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba (on loan - OGC Nice)

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Ok so I guess a guy who has never managed in his life, can only get us to midtable and has shown favourtism for certain players is well placed to judge a guy he hasn’t given a chance to who excelled last season.

You need to wake up, because from where I’m looking from Arteta is clueless and makes countless poor decisions, Saliba being one, I don’t trust his judgment at all, why should we, he’s got not record and has been pretty poor since he’s been at Arsenal.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:51 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:The schoolboy error Saliba made in the game against Rennes when he passed the ball out to a Rennes forward who went on to run on goal and score, or his awful performance against Brest where he got booked for a silly tackle whilst trying to recover from another error, then along with his defensive partner made two howlers that led to goals.

But hey yeah - he's the best thing since sliced bread if it suits the anti-Arteta agenda.

I think we established it was a minor error at worst, he’s been great for Nice as everyone knows.

Arteta is now even saying he wants to bring him back, so even your golden boy accepts he was wrong, strange how you can’t.

In case you may have missed it, he's on loan at Nice. That usually means it was always planned for him to come back - after the loan finishes. That's how it works you see. So of course Arteta will say he wants to bring him back. Because that's what happens when a loan finishes. The player comes back. Because it's a loan. Please let me know if I need to slow down so you can keep up.

And I have not said he shouldn't come back. All I've said is he's not the fantastic player you are making him out to be to suit your agenda. And neither is Holding the poor player you make him out to be - again to suit your agenda.

He’s on loan because Arteta wouldn’t give him a chance and we only sent him out on loan on Jan after no registering him for anything in the 1st half of the season where Arteta stank the place out.

Clearly Saliba thought he was treated unfairly and he’s right, any impartial observer can see that, but of course in your own opinion your golden boy who has us sitting midtable after a dreadful season is always right.

It’s a bit delusional to be honest.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Apr 23, 2021 5:53 pm

starmandb wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
starmandb wrote:
theHotHead wrote:The point here is, rob Holding has not amzed in performaces this season, he has not been a stand out, reports from France are that Saliba is putting in MoTM performances in games. Therefore the link we have is Holding is performing averagely and Saliba is performing brilliantly. differnt leagues, different teams, different circumstances.

What Holding does is basic beyond belief, he looks like any basic CB from any of the 4 divisions. Saliba looks like he has top class potential, he could become a Varane or Maldini. For that reason alone we should be playing him here in England, not in France where the football is different. Saliba is no more ready now than he was when we first bought him, all we have done is wasted 18-24 months of his Arsenal career.

Where are these man of the match performances
I have not seen them
I have not seen any this season from holding either
But he was better at West Brom and Fulham than I have seen from saliba

https://dailycannon.com/2021/03/impressive-performance-saliba-stars-for-nice-again/

Player of the Month - https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-arteta-saliba-transfer-news-23454219

MotM vs Metz https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/william-saliba-nice-loan-arsenal-defender-ligue-1-highlights-836792

And if you want to look at a more detailed comparison look here:
https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/comparing-william-salibas-stats-at-nice-to-arsenals-current-cb-options/
Saliba wins that 6-4 against Holding.

Very pleased that saliba is doing well and getting plaudits
He is an Arsenal player
But he was Nice player of the month in January
I still maintain that Holding was better in January at Arsenal
Very good at West Brom
Good
Palace
Newcastle
Man Utd

That’s your opinion, many disagree, as I said before Holding has made some very basic errors and hasn’t been ok, to say he’s outperformed Saliba is short of the mark, Saliba only started the season in January thanks to Artetas awful management and yet he’s been outstanding in France.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:48 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:The schoolboy error Saliba made in the game against Rennes when he passed the ball out to a Rennes forward who went on to run on goal and score, or his awful performance against Brest where he got booked for a silly tackle whilst trying to recover from another error, then along with his defensive partner made two howlers that led to goals.

But hey yeah - he's the best thing since sliced bread if it suits the anti-Arteta agenda.

I think we established it was a minor error at worst, he’s been great for Nice as everyone knows.

Arteta is now even saying he wants to bring him back, so even your golden boy accepts he was wrong, strange how you can’t.

In case you may have missed it, he's on loan at Nice. That usually means it was always planned for him to come back - after the loan finishes. That's how it works you see. So of course Arteta will say he wants to bring him back. Because that's what happens when a loan finishes. The player comes back. Because it's a loan. Please let me know if I need to slow down so you can keep up.

And I have not said he shouldn't come back. All I've said is he's not the fantastic player you are making him out to be to suit your agenda. And neither is Holding the poor player you make him out to be - again to suit your agenda.

He’s on loan because Arteta wouldn’t give him a chance and we only sent him out on loan on Jan after no registering him for anything in the 1st half of the season where Arteta stank the place out.

Clearly Saliba thought he was treated unfairly and he’s right, any impartial observer can see that, but of course in your own opinion your golden boy who has us sitting midtable after a dreadful season is always right.

Please don't tell me you're putting yourself up as an impartial observer.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:28 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

It’s not just me it’s most people, you’re in the minority with this “Arteta did it because Saliba was rubbish” nonsense.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Ach » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:30 pm

Wonder if the Arteta lovers will still want him

Bring saliba back to partner Gabriel.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:03 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

It’s not just me it’s most people, you’re in the minority with this “Arteta did it because Saliba was rubbish” nonsense.

Again you're making it up as you go along.

Where have I said Arteta sent him out on loan because he is rubbish?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:55 am

Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:03 am

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

That’s the reason he’s gone isn’t it, That’s what came out, wasn’t it Arteta who said he wasn’t good enough at this or that in training?

The point is Arteta was wrong and should have never sent him out on loan, just like he shouldn’t have left him on the sidelines unregistered for 4 months.

I mean Artetas career is littered with errors already isn’t it, yet another defeat yesterday in a season of countless defeats.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby theHotHead » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:10 am

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:

Paraphrased perhaps? Arteta sent him on loan because he wasn't ready, which also means he wasn't good enough, which, to some can naturally mean he was rubbish.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:13 am

Tony Adams wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/22/arsenal-defender-william-saliba-given-one-month-ban-over-x-rated-video-14457459/

Did I miss this?

The dumbass filmed it when he was 16. Not sure what the f**k he was thinking or smoking at the time, but that tells me kids these days are braindead!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:39 am

Just read it properly. Its only an international ban.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:42 am

The other guy plays for Brighton!

Any normal person would find all of this totally embarrassing. Whether these clowns do or not is up fore debate.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Ach » Tue May 11, 2021 9:32 pm

Arsenal are planning to keep William Saliba around in 2021-22, with PA Sport reporting that another loan switch will not be sanctioned.

The promising defender is still waiting on his big break with the Gunners, but the 20-year-old may - having spent time with Nice this season - get his chance next season.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Wed May 12, 2021 12:29 am

theHotHead wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/22/arsenal-defender-william-saliba-given-one-month-ban-over-x-rated-video-14457459/

Did I miss this?

The dumbass filmed it when he was 16. Not sure what the f**k he was thinking or smoking at the time, but that tells me kids these days are braindead!

Remember Alexis Sanchez got his friends to film him having sex with his lady when he was a grown ass man playing for Arsenal. This is nothing in comparison.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk