William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:01 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:No pal it’s isn’t, just because clueless Arteta doesn’t pick him doesn’t mean he couldn’t make the grade, it tells me the guy in charge doesn’t know what he’s doing, especially when the same guy plays Xhaka week in week out and makes nonsensical decisions week in week out.

You might trust him for some odd reason, most don’t and why would they, he’s a midtable manager at best his results show that, stuck in midtable when he arrived, midtable last season, midtable now, why would anyone trust this guys’ decision making?

Saliba has excelled in France and anyone with any common sense at all would bring him back and give him a well earned chance, don’t expect the common sense approach as Arteta clearly doesn’t have any at all!

Just because he couldn't make the team doesn;t mean he couldn't make the grade :dontknow:
Ozim, you do make me laugh.
:rofll:

He could make the team, Arteta wouldn’t pick him or give him a chance. That’s not a case of not being good enough, it’s a case of a man with no management skills, man management skills or common sense stopping a clearly talented player from showing he can make it.

He couldn't make the team - we know that because he didn't.

How many times do I need to repeat the same team. With another manager he’d have made the team, it’s only Arteta who decided he wasn’t good enough before even playing him.

No one understood it and they still don’t. Arteta doesn’t know much when it comes to building a winning team or indeed managing though.

You are just making up an alternate reality.
What actually happened is that he couldn't make the team.

You blithering on about coulda shoulda woulda's isn't going to change that.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:02 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:No pal it’s isn’t, just because clueless Arteta doesn’t pick him doesn’t mean he couldn’t make the grade, it tells me the guy in charge doesn’t know what he’s doing, especially when the same guy plays Xhaka week in week out and makes nonsensical decisions week in week out.

You might trust him for some odd reason, most don’t and why would they, he’s a midtable manager at best his results show that, stuck in midtable when he arrived, midtable last season, midtable now, why would anyone trust this guys’ decision making?

Saliba has excelled in France and anyone with any common sense at all would bring him back and give him a well earned chance, don’t expect the common sense approach as Arteta clearly doesn’t have any at all!

Just because he couldn't make the team doesn;t mean he couldn't make the grade :dontknow:

Not as funny as Saka is better than Neymar and I wouldn’t have Ronaldo in the team.

Neymar is sh*t so that wouldn't be hard - 3 goals all season in the French League - playing for PSG!

Ronaldo is 36 and going down hill - why the f**k would we want him in our team?
A few years ago sure - now? Nah.

Would you swap Ronaldo for Saka now?

Ronaldo has scored 7 goals and got 2 assists, our best is ESR with 5 goals and 2 assists ... and Ronaldo missed the start of the season and look how shit Man U were under OGS !!

Not sure why you think Ronaldo isn't still a top top player, he walks into our team on his bad day ! He may not be the 40/50 goal per season Ronaldo that was at Real Madrid but even this version of Ronaldo pisses over most of the forwards in the Premier league. In fact the only player I would put money on scoring more than Ronaldo is Salah, I wouldn't even put Harry Kane there because he has lost form massively.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:20 pm

jayramfootball wrote:You are just making up an alternate reality.

Ok let’s simplify it for you:

Has Arteta proven he can manage and succeed in his career so far?
No

Have we made tangible progress as a team since Arteta arrived?
No

Is Artetas judgment trusted by experts?
No

Does Arteta not picking a player mean he’s not good enough?
No

Is Arteta the judge and jury for whether someone is talented enough to play in the PL?
No

Is Saliba therefore definitely not good enough for the PL?
No

Was Saliba given a chance to prove himself in the PL?
No

Is Saliba good enough for the PL?
Based on his performances on loan, yes it looks like it

I hope that clears it up for you.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:23 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Not as funny as Saka is better than Neymar and I wouldn’t have Ronaldo in the team.

Neymar is sh*t so that wouldn't be hard - 3 goals all season in the French League - playing for PSG!

Ronaldo has scored 7 goals and got 2 assists, our best is ESR with 5 goals and 2 assists ... and Ronaldo missed the start of the season and look how shit Man U were under OGS !!

Not sure why you think Ronaldo isn't still a top top player, he walks into our team on his bad day ! He may not be the 40/50 goal per season Ronaldo that was at Real Madrid but even this version of Ronaldo pisses over most of the forwards in the Premier league. In fact the only player I would put money on scoring more than Ronaldo is Salah, I wouldn't even put Harry Kane there because he has lost form massively.

Rating Saka over Ronaldo or indeed Neymar at this point is let’s face it’s ridiculous.

They might not be someone’s cup of tea but you can’t doubt their talent or how good they are.

Saka is just starting off, he’s got talent but like any young player he’s blows hot and cold, this season hasn’t been that great for him thus far, but he has time on his side.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:02 pm

Salibatelli wrote:

No

No

No

No

Is Arteta the judge and jury for whether someone is talented enough to play in the PL?
No

No

No

Ozim, it was already 100% clear that you are a total lunatic with pictures of Arteta on your dartboard and Arteta dolls to stick pins in.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:03 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
swipe right wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

Rating Saka over Ronaldo or indeed Neymar at this point is let’s face it’s ridiculous.

They might not be someone’s cup of tea but you can’t doubt their talent or how good they are.

Saka is just starting off, he’s got talent but like any young player he’s blows hot and cold, this season hasn’t been that great for him thus far, but he has time on his side.

Neymar is sh*t and has been for some time.

I didn't rate Saka over Ronaldo.

I said I would not swap Saka for Ronaldo
No Arsenal fan would - not a single one.
That would be utterly stupid to do.

I also would not Ronaldo in the team now because he's too old and on the way down. Would be far too disruptive as he has been for Utd - he's taken them from 2nd to 5th and weakened their attack vs last year.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:07 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

It was already 100% clear that you are a total lunatic with pictures of Arteta on your dartboard and Arteta dolls to stick pins in.

Again no, I think he’s a rubbish manager and man manager and should be replaced ASAP.

Nothing he’s done disproves any of that. I want to see progress, this guy doesn’t offer any progress we can see, knock yourself out being his cheerleader if you like, it doesn’t change the facts about his mediocre performance and btw all the teams above him have European football to contend with and thus more games and less rest and two managers who are better placed for top 4 have been there a fraction of the time he’s been at Arsenal.

Also it’s Salibatelli, Saliba for short.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:09 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

It was already 100% clear that you are a total lunatic with pictures of Arteta on your dartboard and Arteta dolls to stick pins in.

Again no, I think he’s a rubbish manager and man manager and should be replaced ASAP.

Nothing he’s done disproves any of that. I want to see progress, this guy doesn’t offer any progress we can see.

Fortunately what you think is irrelevant, Ozim.
Fact of the matter is we've been improving as a team for some time.
Very good summer window and 7 points better off at this stage vs last season - challenging for the top 4 leading into the Christmas period.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:13 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

Nothing he’s done disproves any of that. I want to see progress, this guy doesn’t offer any progress we can see.

Very good summer window and 7 points better off at this stage vs last season - challenging for the top 4 leading into the Christmas period.

He’s not improving the team, two midtable finishes and we’re midtable again losing to all the decent teams, that’s only progress if you blind and can’t see anything that takes place, this with no Europe as well.

Last season we were hopeless at this stage going on our worst run for 35 years and you’re comparing us to that and saying we’re better!, we’ve been average this season, the performances have mostly been 5/10 at best.

Also it’s Salibatelli so please call me Salibatelli or Saliba for short.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:18 pm

Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:

No

No

No

No

No

No

No

He’s not improving the team, two midtable finishes and we’re midtable again losing to all the decent teams, that’s only progress if you blind and can’t see anything that takes place, this with no Europe as well.

Last season we were hopeless at this stage going on our worst run for 35 years and you’re comparing us to that and saying we’re better, wake up!l we’ve been average this season, the performances have mostly been 5/10 at best.

6th is mid table? :rofll:

We've been pretty decent this year in most games and are in a much better position leading into Christmas.
That's called progress.
Your opinion on how we've played to be in a better position than last season is again, not relevant. Just an opinion.
Mine is that at times this year we've played lovely football and our new players have all been excellent. Those players you called shit not so long ago.
But regardless of opinion, Ozim, mine or yours, what matters is the points and we've improved vs last season.

Win on Wednesday and we could be back in the top 4.
Happy days. Not so much for you, but for Arsenal.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:23 pm

Spurs have games on hand FYI.

Also you talked about 4th last season too, look how that panned out, it’ll be the same this season, you can already see the same patterns, on the pitch the progress isn’t visible other than the fact we’ve spent 160 million and got better players, that doesn’t take skill, just money, the performances aren’t that different.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:46 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Spurs have games on hand FYI.

Also you talked about 4th last season too, look how that panned out, it’ll be the same this season, you can already see the same patterns, on the pitch the progress isn’t visible other than the fact we’ve spent 160 million and got better players, that doesn’t take skill, just money, the performances aren’t that different.

I talked about 4th in terms of having to win 9 or 10 of our last 11 games - i.e. massively uphill and almost impossible but doable.
This season we are 7 points better off than last - an improvement - and still have 22 games left - sitting just 2 points behind the top 4.
Spurs need to win their games - which they have not yet - right now they are below us.

6th is not mid table.

I understand why you want us to fail and need to downplay the progress - that is the mess you have got yourself into. But your incessant crying, Ozim, is not going to change the fact we're doing pretty well so far this season, an improvement on last, with some excellent young new signings getting up to speed quickly in the PL.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:47 pm

6th is rubbish for a club like us with no Europe and 160 million spent last summer, we’re a midtable team because we have been since he arrived and I expect we will be this season too because the guy is a dud.

I don’t want us to fail, I know we will because I have eyes and can tell you now that after two years of the same stuff I can happily conclude Arteta was hugely overhyped, shouldn’t have been given the job and isn’t a manager of any real talent.

He’s a guy we plucked out of nowhere because his friend told everyone he’s a top manager, which if you think about is quite embarrassing that a club of our size gave someone on year say and a few words.

You’re right I’m not going to change, he’s done for me just waiting for the time when it’s over now, I don’t believe that after 2 years of seeing nothing of note it’s suddenly going to change, seen enough this season to show otherwise.

On the same note you’re going to go over the top everytime we get any kind of win, overpraising all the players you like and tearing into the players you don’t like at the same time like you always do.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:33 pm

Salibatelli wrote:6th is rubbish for a club like us with no Europe and 160 million spent last summer, we’re a midtable team because we have been since he arrived and I expect we will be this season too because the guy is a dud.

I don’t want us to fail, I know we will because I have eyes and can tell you now that after two years of the same stuff I can happily conclude Arteta was hugely overhyped, shouldn’t have been given the job and isn’t a manager of any real talent.

He’s a guy we plucked out of nowhere because his friend told everyone he’s a top manager, which if you think about is quite embarrassing that a club of our size gave someone on year say and a few words.

You’re right I’m not going to change, he’s done for me just waiting for the time when it’s over now, I don’t believe that after 2 years of seeing nothing of note it’s suddenly going to change, seen enough this season to show otherwise.

On the same note you’re going to go over the top everytime we get any kind of win, overpraising all the players you like and tearing into the players you don’t like at the same time like you always do.

Yes as an Arsenal fan I do celebrate Arsenal wins to the max. Always will. It’s nice to enjoy our good form over 2021. Hope we round out the year in the top 4. Would be lovely. Again, not so much for you, though.

You made your own bed on the negative side. That’s you. Desperate for us to fail, Ozim.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:56 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:6th is rubbish for a club like us with no Europe and 160 million spent last summer, we’re a midtable team because we have been since he arrived and I expect we will be this season too because the guy is a dud.

Yes as an Arsenal fan I do celebrate Arsenal wins to the max. Always will. It’s nice to enjoy our good form over 2021. Hope we round out the year in the top 4. Would be lovely. Again, not so much for you, though.

You made your own bed on the negative side. That’s you. Desperate for us to fail, Ozim.

There’s different types of Arsenal fans, those that like to pretend everything is great and go over the top like we’ve won the title everytime we win and the others.

You don’t just celebrate you start overhyping all your favourite players as well.

You’re Arsenal fans comment is a generalisation, not everyone is like you, many many aren’t.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk