William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba

Postby UFGN » Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:33 pm

Not for sale f***ers
Corinthians 15:57; But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus

UFGN
Member of the Year 2014, 2019
Member of the Year 2014, 2019

Postby VCC » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:04 am

Sell him now after getting a chance and looking so good would give Arteta’s critics ammunition. When we finally look like we have sorted a defence and its got some length in its prospective years to play together, why pit up with such media shite. Come out and say he aint for sale
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:45 am

He should do, but I suspect it will make him look just as silly considering the calls for Saliba's inclusion last season and Arteta saying he wasn't ready. If he turns all "No, Saliba is ours" it might make him look like he doesn't know what he is doing, reactionary. On top of that, he doesn't want to look like he is begging the player to stay, not a good look - if he comes out with Saliba is not for sale and Saliba says I want to go.

Maybe I am looking too much into it, but I think he got a lot of egg on his face regarding Guendouzi and Saliba, 2 players he discarded that shone big time last season.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby swipe right » Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:50 am

Call 1-800-Saliba. Operators are standing by. And if you call in the next ten minutes we’ll throw in a Torreira for free. Call now.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby Reiss » Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Ach wrote:
William Saliba is once again seeing a permanent move to Marseille speculated on, but CaughtOffside claims that Arsenal would only accept a “crazy” offer for the defender.

The highly-rated French centre-half has been absorbed back into the Gunners fold this summer after spending time back in his homeland on loan.

Lol

More hyped up, media driven BS aimed to cause unrest.

And you guys fall for it every time lol
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:32 pm

VCC wrote:Sell him now after getting a chance and looking so good would give Arteta’s critics ammunition. When we finally look like we have sorted a defence and its got some length in its prospective years to play together, why pit up with such media shite. Come out and say he aint for sale

Tets doesn't give a crap about that, especially if Saliba isn't going to sign an extension anyway.

He knows we need more signings, but can't get them without exiting some players. He's messed that up massively with his treatment of Bellerin, Pepe and AMN, so Saliba is the only golden goose he has. Similar to Joe Willock last year, he is the only one of our potential outgoing players worth any money.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:35 pm

Reiss wrote:

Harsh words from the guy who broke his mouse button from hitting the :hail: :hail: :hail: smiley that time when Edu was rumoured to have inquired about Raphinha
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Reiss » Wed Jul 27, 2022 3:29 pm

Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
Reiss wrote:

Harsh words from the guy who broke his mouse button from hitting the :hail: :hail: :hail: smiley that time when Edu was rumoured to have inquired about Raphinha

:hail: :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:
Reiss
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:21 pm

Reiss wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:
Reiss wrote:His agent posted pictures from the training ground on instagram but don't let that stop your agenda :dontknow:

Right so he was seen on the training ground and that means he’s also got a new contract he’s about to sign does it?

OK then.

Yeah, he was at the training ground, where contracts get signed...

You're getting the hang of this now :clap:

Still no contract signed, your comments about his agent and insinuating the signing of a contract was 2 1/2 weeks ago now.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby TedLasso » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:26 pm

I highly doubt a new contract will get signed in 2022. The key to the whole deal is showing Saliba that he has a future in the team so he'll need to get game time and Arteta will have to follow through on his word before a new contract is agreed.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:28 pm

Problem for us is that will leave us in a weak position with a year left, it also means that if Arteta doesn’t play him enough he’ll be off.

This is precisely why I didn’t agree with the loan and running down his contract to 2 years, it’s all very good saying it was for his development, but if that’s the case we should have got him to sign a new contract last summer, either that or bring him back to convince him he’s part of our plans so that he would re-sign this summer.

As it is now his stock has risen, he knows what it’s like to play regularly and he’s now a French international so the argument not to play him has completely evaporated.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby TedLasso » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:35 pm

Yeah, it's less than ideal, but the best path forward is playing him every week and if he proves to be good enough for the PL, offer him a lucrative new deal and hopefully the option of CL in 23-24.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Salibatelli » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:51 pm

Yes I agree that is the best route now, I guess my worry is that it might not happen as Arteta has shown a real reluctance to use him up till now and we’ve seen other players kept only not to feature much.

Devaluing an asset doesn’t seem to matter to him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby TedLasso » Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:43 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Yes I agree that is the best route now, I guess my worry is that it might not happen as Arteta has shown a real reluctance to use him up till now and we’ve seen other players kept only not to feature much.

Saliba wasnt ready before, now he is. I actually think he’ll be a regular starter this season and displace White. Maybe Im wrong but the kid is class.
TedLasso
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:43 pm

TedLasso wrote:
Salibatelli wrote:Yes I agree that is the best route now, I guess my worry is that it might not happen as Arteta has shown a real reluctance to use him up till now and we’ve seen other players kept only not to feature much.

Saliba wasnt ready before, now he is. I actually think he’ll be a regular starter this season and displace White. Maybe Im wrong but the kid is class.

Maybe. Or, we give him valuable minutes, and he still doesn't extend, leaving us in a position where we're essentially training him on our dime for someone else to benefit.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk