William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby Ach » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:54 am

Özim wrote:
TedLasso wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:No I agree, I think our only hope is Arteta gets the sack which most Arsenal would want because he’s holding us back.

....and sooner the better. :arse fan:

Agreed, a guy who has been as bad as he is and takes inspiration from a fictional character from a TV programme and says that after losing 3 games it’s been his best 10 days clearly isn’t up to the job of managing a club like Arsenal.

Fictional?

Ted Lasso :biggrin:

https://www.talksport.com/football/945933/mikel-arteta-arsenal-ted-lasso-leno/amp/

Didn't know about this. No idea who Ted lasso is.

Arteta is embarrassing
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:57 am

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
TedLasso wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:
Özim wrote:No I agree, I think our only hope is Arteta gets the sack which most Arsenal would want because he’s holding us back.

Agreed, a guy who has been as bad as he is and takes inspiration from a fictional character from a TV programme and says that after losing 3 games it’s been his best 10 days clearly isn’t up to the job of managing a club like Arsenal.

Fictional?

https://www.talksport.com/football/945933/mikel-arteta-arsenal-ted-lasso-leno/amp/

Talk Sport hit piece article with no context.... did your pal Adrian Durham source it :sneaky2:

Scouring the internet for any kind of bullcrap that confirms your bias.

It's a bit like the Sun putting Donkey ears on Adams and having Arsenal fans lap it up and cheer.
So sad.

It’s in other papers too.

I don’t scour it it came up actually on Facebook, as usual getting the facts wrong.

Oh, Facebook. I see. :lol:

So tell me, was Arteta asked about what TV programs he was watching and was having a laugh or was it a serious coaching discussion?
Who interviewed him?
When did this interview happen?

Like I said - it's for the idiots who Talk Sport can catch in their net and have it reposted.
You quickly obliged :doh:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:01 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
TedLasso wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Fictional?

Talk Sport hit piece article with no context.... did your pal Adrian Durham source it :sneaky2:

It's a bit like the Sun putting Donkey ears on Adams and having Arsenal fans lap it up and cheer.
So sad.

I don’t scour it it came up actually on Facebook, as usual getting the facts wrong.

So tell me, was Arteta asked about what TV programs he was watching and was having a laugh or was it a serious coaching discussion?
Who interviewed him?

Like I said - it's for the idiots who Talk Sport can catch in their net and have it reposted.

No pal, you’re in denial as usually, he didn’t have to come out with this rubbish, he did. This is just like the best 10 days of his life comment. As every day goes by there’s more reasons as to why this guy is an awful manager.

I didn’t make this up or write it, it came up and as any other logical person would thought it was cringeworthy.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:04 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
TedLasso wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Fictional?

So sad.

Who interviewed him?

No pal, you’re in denial as usually, he didn’t have to come out with this rubbish, he did. This is just like the best 10 days of his life comment. As every day goes by there’s more reasons as to why this guy is an awful manager.

I didn’t make this up or write it, it came up and as any other logical person would thought it was cringeworthy.

Lol, I am in denial because I asked for the context of the discussion before running around in glee because Talk Sport said something :rofll:
Now answer the questions, please. Or do you simply not know and were just reposting a clickbait hit piece from Talk Sport? Hmm?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:21 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
TedLasso wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Fictional?

So sad.

Who interviewed him?

Lol, I am in denial because I asked for the context of the discussion before running around in glee because Talk Sport said something :rofll:
Now answer the questions, please. Or do you simply not know and were just reposting a clickbait hit piece from Talk Sport? Hmm?

Like I said I didn’t write it and like I also said it’s not just talksport.

The guy said it, what is there to discuss exactly? There isn’t really any context where this would sound anything but odd.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:29 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
TedLasso wrote:
Özim wrote:
Nuggets wrote:

Fictional?

So sad.

Who interviewed him?

Like I said I didn’t write it and like I also said it’s not just talksport.

The guy said it, what is there to discuss exactly? There isn’t really any context where this would sound anything but odd.

Nah, I already provided two examples of context which would make the comments totally different in nature.
I suspected you had no idea at all and were just reposting anti-Arsenal media crap.
Par for the course.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:31 pm

The same guy said it had been the best 10 days of his career after losing all his games let’s not forget.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby thebigbangtheo » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:42 pm

I would say that in tandem with this episode being shared with his fellow Arsenal loanee, is why manager Mikel Arteta has become an addition to the Oxford and Collins dictionaries as a similie to the word 'conundrum'.

His apparent..no...clear willingness and consideration to continue utilising the already established intermittently malfunctioning and defective hardware of Kolasinac, Holding, Xhaka, Bellerin and Chambers, whilst at the same time contrasting them with a Rolls Royce level of quality control to ommit the likes of Ozil, Martinez, Mavropanos, Guendouzi and Saliba faster than the human eye can blink.

Only my opinion obviously, but for me and those of you structural engineers or others familiar with construction technology, it is the equivalent of swapping out acro props supporting a basement roof for 2.5m lengths of 2 by 4.

It is now widely recognised that the first step of overcoming an addiction is in having acknowledged that you do have a problem. For me, the recognition and purchase of Ramsdale equates to that first step being taken because yeah, he f***ked up big time there, no matter whichever way you want to slice it regards Leno and Martinez.

Similarly, the pursuit and subsequent capture of Odegaard coupled with the emergence of Smith-Rowe, is recognition of the squad having catastrophic deficiencies in its creative department in Arteta having removed our creative instigator in chief like an encology surgeon on speed. Whilst the long term progression of the team was always going to be without the enduring presence of our silky visionary, the need was never there or urgent enough for him to have been discarded in the fashion he was whilst Xhaka remained anchored and seemingly encased in concrete to our midfield. Suffering pain when we had no need to do so seems to reveal a bit of our managers penchant for sado masochism outside the sanctuary of his bedroom.

The foresight to spot and consider the ceiling to the talent of Sambi Lokonga should indeed be lauded by the gooner nation, yet at the same time not turn a blind eye to the equation depicting the optimal result from his being supplemented by the talent of Guendouzi alongside him, Smith-Rowe, Odegaard and Party as our midfield mainstays.

And the same applies to Saliba, who as things stand appears to be producing displays for Marseille the equivalent if not better than those of White. In that there is no wailing and gnashing of teeth regards the former Brighton man lining up as part of our defensive line, again the main issue here appears to be with Holding and Chambers getting preferential treatment as opposed to Saliba and Mavropanos being treated as though they were suicide bombers.

This course of action needs to come to a halt now, with the likelihood of leaving Arsenal being the remit of the two English defenders because put simply, they've had their turn already fair and square and have failed to make the grade. Continuing to pursue stellar performances from them is more than likely to result in court proceedings brought by the RSPCA for cruelty and depravity in continuing to flog dead horses.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:08 pm

Özim wrote:The same guy said it had been the best 10 days of his career after losing all his games let’s not forget.

Sure - I can imagine if he and the squad communicated and really dug into the reasons and worked on addressing the issues with a good spirit, it could indeed have been a great 10 days.
When you find yourself taking comments like this as a negative and some way to bash the manager, then you've lost the plot and really don't understand football. Hard times often bring out the best in people - if they are the right people.
If the people within the club thought and acted like you do then I am sure it would have been a shitty 10 days for all concerned.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:The same guy said it had been the best 10 days of his career after losing all his games let’s not forget.

Sure - I can imagine if he and the squad communicated and really dug into the reasons and worked on addressing the issues with a good spirit, it could indeed have been a great 10 days.
When you find yourself taking comments like this as a negative and some way to bash the manager, then you've lost the plot and really don't understand football. Hard times often bring out the best in people - if they are the right people.
If the people within the club thought and acted like you do then I am sure it would have been a shitty 10 days for all concerned.

No pal, it’s ridiculous to say that after such a bad start, as always you try to excuse the ridiculous, just like the comment about Ted Lasso, you’re so entrenched in your support for Arteta (despite your claims otherwise) you find excuses for the ridiculous.

That’s the reason people (not just me) repeatedly call you out, of course you label them as anti Arsenal and being people with an agenda because anytime you don’t like something that’s what you do.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:27 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

No pal, it’s ridiculous to say that after such a bad start, as always you try to excuse the ridiculous, just like the comment about Ted Lasso, you’re so entrenched in your support for Arteta (despite your claims otherwise) you find excuses for the ridiculous.

That’s the reason people (not just me) repeatedly call you out, of course you label them as anti Arsenal and being people with an agenda because anytime you don’t like something that’s what you do.

The entrenched crazies call anyone out who tells them the truth that they can't face.

Like I said - some of the most character-building (and often enjoyable) times of life are when you have to deal with something that is going wrong and you come together with others to address and fix it.
As for the Ted Lasso thing - :lol: - I see it for what it is .. a low IQ attack on the club designed to ensnare low IQ people or people entrenched in an agenda. If you actually stop to think about it, you have to be a complete cretin to actually believe that Arteta is watching Ted Lasso to determine what decisions he takes in his job - never mind entrench yourself in that idiocy.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:00 pm

jayramfootball wrote:The entrenched crazies call anyone out who tells them the truth that they can't face.

Like I said - some of the most character-building (and often enjoyable) times of life are when you have to deal with something that is going wrong and you come together with others to address and fix it.
As for the Ted Lasso thing - :lol: - I see it for what it is .. a low IQ attack on the club designed to ensnare low IQ people or people entrenched in an agenda. If you actually stop to think about it, you have to be a complete cretin to actually believe that Arteta is watching Ted Lasso to determine what decisions he takes in his job - never mind entrench yourself in that idiocy.

Predictable.

That’s nonsense I’m afraid, when you’re under pressure and having a bad time it’s not enjoyable I’ve been through it enough times to know myself!

Not at all, this sums up Arteta perfectly, he’s made very odd decisions and said odd things since he arrived, this is just another chapter in this horror show.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:21 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:The entrenched crazies call anyone out who tells them the truth that they can't face.

Predictable.

That’s nonsense I’m afraid, when you’re under pressure and having a bad time it’s not enjoyable I’ve been through it enough times to know myself!

Not at all, this sums up Arteta perfectly, he’s made very odd decisions and said odd things since he arrived, this is just another chapter in this horror show.

Insecurity in an argument tends to yield comments like that.
:biggrin:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:37 am

Had a difficult game yesterday against Lens. Whilst the rest of Saliba's game is good, if not exceptional for a player of his age, his positional sense inside the box when defending cutbacks/crosses has been a bit of a problem for him.

No real cause for concern, but if this happens to him a few times in the Premier League, things would get ugly for him quickly. Again, he's still only 20 years old; at that age many CBs have yet to make their professional debut.
Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby billie86 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:17 am

Zenith wrote:Had a difficult game yesterday against Lens. Whilst the rest of Saliba's game is good, if not exceptional for a player of his age, his positional sense inside the box when defending cutbacks/crosses has been a bit of a problem for him.

No real cause for concern, but if this happens to him a few times in the Premier League, things would get ugly for him quickly. Again, he's still only 20 years old; at that age many CBs have yet to make their professional debut.

He's young and will learn, the best way for him to learn is to be playing regular football week in week out, he had a full season in France with nice and now it looks like he will have a full season with Marseille and also get Europa league experience. Like arteta said he was injured after we signed him and missed a large portion of his development which he desperately needed at such a young age, if he proves he's good enough he will get his chance at arsenal. I don't believe there is a vendetta against him at all and I do believe that what's been done is the best for his development, at present he isn't getting on ahead of Gabriel, white and possibly even tomiyasu at centre back.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk