William Saliba (2)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: William Saliba (on loan - Olympique de Marseille)

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 20, 2021 1:50 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Whatever the reason is, the people inside the club know more about it than anyone on here.

True.
Arsenal fans know nothing about the kid.
Had some great PR as an 18yr old but the 27m fee was out of the blue (and I still think criminality was involved in the dealings with Lille).
Never seen him play in the PL.
Some saw him play in PL2 (and he wasn't particularly good) but the vast majority have absolutely no clue about the player.
He's just a convenient stick to beat the club with.
I could understand it if we'd loaned out Saka or ESR, but Saliba? He's utterly failed to break into the first team squad.

Won't stop the regular reports being posted on here about how well he's doing next season against 2nd rate opposition in the French league.

Of course not.

...and how that somehow makes him the best thing since sliced bread.

He's pretty ordinary from what I've seen, and with that being the case that stupid video alone would be enough to get him out of the club.

The saddest thing is that it would not be surprising at all for some our fans to be hoping White is a failure and Saliba does well.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:08 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Whatever the reason is, the people inside the club know more about it than anyone on here.

True.
Had some great PR as an 18yr old but the 27m fee was out of the blue (and I still think criminality was involved in the dealings with Lille).
Some saw him play in PL2 (and he wasn't particularly good) but the vast majority have absolutely no clue about the player.
I could understand it if we'd loaned out Saka or ESR, but Saliba? He's utterly failed to break into the first team squad.

Won't stop the regular reports being posted on here about how well he's doing next season against 2nd rate opposition in the French league.

Of course not.

He's pretty ordinary from what I've seen, and with that being the case that stupid video alone would be enough to get him out of the club.

The saddest thing is that it would not be surprising at all for some our fans to be hoping White is a failure and Saliba does well.

I have absolutely no doubt about that at all.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby swipe right » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:27 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Of course not.

I have absolutely no doubt about that at all.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:37 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Of course not.

Get a room you two ! Its just you two and Santi that have that opinion, everyone else thinks yous lot are crackers.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:41 pm

theHotHead wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Of course not.

Get a room you two ! Its just you two and Santi that have that opinion, everyone else thinks yous lot are crackers.

Those who can hold their heads while all about them...
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:44 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

True.

It would seem from the outside that the most likely explanation here is that Saliba just hasn't progressed at all from his youth days. Might simply be he is not good enough or it might be he has a bad attitude to the game. I noticed from his statement that he appears close to Guendouzi. There might even be some attitude issue towards Arsenal related to that. Whatever, he's gone and thus for those looking to just smash the club (some of our fans and plenty of other fans) he's just being used.

Sorry but that’s rubbish, he’s excelled in France he’s progressed very nicely indeed.

I tell you who hasn’t, Arteta, the guy has been consistently awful, I’d bet 1000 percent he’s got it wrong with Saliba, just like he did with Willian, Martinez, Mustafi, Xhaka, Bellerin, Odergaard etc etc

Anyway I still hold some hope for Saliba, can’t be too long before Arteta gets the sack, a new manager is blind to give a player with his talent a chance.

I for one will be happy to see him move on, never experienced a worse time as an Arsenal fan, it’s been utterly dreadful since he arrived.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:45 pm

Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

We should know about being 2nd rate, I mean look at the guy in charge and the club, 2nd rate if ever I saw it.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:51 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

We should know about being 2nd rate, I mean look at the guy in charge and the club, 2nd rate if ever I saw it.

You haven't changed your mind about him then?

I seem to recall you were leaning toward supporting him?
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:54 pm

Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Changed my mind about supporting a guy who ended up 8th, got schooled by our previous manager that we got rid of because he wasn’t good enough, has shown to be a very poor Judge of a players of ability and man manager and has had us playing some of the worst football we’ve ever seen at Arsenal.

Funnily enough, no.

If you could have less than zero trust for a manager that’s where I’d be at, he’s failed and he’s not going to achieve anything, the sooner he leaves the better.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Phil71 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:56 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Changed my mind about supporting a guy who ended up 8th, got schooled by our previous manager that we got rid of because he wasn’t good enough, has shown to be a very poor Judge of a players of ability and man manager and has had us playing some of the worst football we’ve ever seen at Arsenal.

Funnily enough, no.

If you could have less than zero trust for a manager that’s where I’d be at, he’s failed and he’s not going to achieve anything, the sooner he leaves the better.

Oh I thought you were supporting him.

Sorry about that.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:01 pm

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Funnily enough, no.

That's such a funny saying ' got schooled'... especially in a cup tie lol.

We could also use it to say that Arteta schooled Tuchel when we beat Chelsea.
I thought Tuchel was supposed to be good, but if he got schooled by a manager who is 'not going to achieve anything' (despite winning the FA Cup in his first season :lol: ) then I guess he's not so good after all.

Probably just more a case of those terms like 'schooled' just getting thrown around without any meaning.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Funnily enough, no.

I thought Tuchel was supposed to be good, but if he got schooled by a manager who is 'never going to achieve anything' (despite winning the FA Cup in hist first season :lol: ) then I guess he's not so good after all.

He did get schooled, in the 1st leg had they put they’re chances away they’d had been out of sight.

Fair enough they didn’t, he won the tie comfortably anyway.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jul 20, 2021 3:25 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Funnily enough, no.

I thought Tuchel was supposed to be good, but if he got schooled by a manager who is 'never going to achieve anything' (despite winning the FA Cup in hist first season :lol: ) then I guess he's not so good after all.

He did get schooled, in the 1st leg had they put they’re chances away they’d had been out of sight.

Nah mate it was game of football where we simply played poorly and had a man sent off with nearly 40 minutes to go.
A game we only lost 2-1, despite playing sh*t and being down to 10 men.
Then Villareal parked the bus in the second leg.

There was no schooling going on - in the end, despite how badly we played, but for us missing an open goal we'd have won the tie.

But, right...'schooled'.

I guess Arteta 'schooled' Klopp and Pep last year in the FA Cup as he went on to lift the trophy.
But wait - maybe Klopp schooled Arteta when they beat us 3-0 in the league... and Pep schooled Arteta too when they beat us???
Sure is a head scratcher - they are all schooling each other :dontknow:

Hopefully we can school Burnley on opening day of the season and avoid being schooled by Chelsea the following week, but you never know Arteta might school Tuchel again.

:1990_dancing.gif:
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:25 am

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

True.

Funnily enough, no.

Nah mate it was game of football where we simply played poorly and had a man sent off with nearly 40 minutes to go.
A game we only lost 2-1, despite playing sh*t and being down to 10 men.
Then Villareal parked the bus in the second leg.

There was no schooling going on - in the end, despite how badly we played, but for us missing an open goal we'd have won the tie.

But, right...'schooled'.

I guess Arteta 'schooled' Klopp and Pep last year in the FA Cup as he went on to lift the trophy.
But wait - maybe Klopp schooled Arteta when they beat us 3-0 in the league... and Pep schooled Arteta too when they beat us???
Sure is a head scratcher - they are all schooling each other :dontknow:

Hopefully we can school Burnley on opening day of the season and avoid being schooled by Chelsea the following week, but you never know Arteta might school Tuchel again.

:1990_dancing.gif:

No he got schooled by a superior manager, Villareal we’re good value for the win, first leg they were much much better, 2nd let we struggled to even get decent shots on target.

Had we won it wouldn’t have been the fair result, justice prevailed as they say.

The FA cup is a one off match, any team can win a one off match if one team has an off day. I give us credit we played well against City, but City didn’t perform, they actually had a poor season that season all in all.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby starmandb » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:45 am

City had a poor season in 19/20 with 81 points
Enough to win the title as recently as 15/16 and winning the league cup
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk