Club issues statement on EL Final

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Club issues statement on EL Final

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri May 17, 2019 9:40 am

Uber is a criminal organisation in my opinion. I will never use their unlicenced taxis.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby PairyGrows » Fri May 17, 2019 10:50 am

If UEFA knew that Baku's airport wouldn't be able to handle 68,000 visitors, then what was the point of hosting the final in Baku in the first place?
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri May 17, 2019 11:15 am

PairyGrows wrote:If UEFA knew that Baku's airport wouldn't be able to handle 68,000 visitors, then what was the point of hosting the final in Baku in the first place?

Bribes, that's what.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 18, 2019 2:05 am

Like I said, Baku seemingly handles the Formula 1 without drama, so this story is bollox! Just UEFA trying to milk as much money from corporates as possible.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Zedie » Sat May 18, 2019 11:13 am

theHotHead wrote:Like I said, Baku seemingly handles the Formula 1 without drama, so this story is bollox! Just UEFA trying to milk as much money from corporates as possible.

Formula 1 is run by the rich, competed by the rich, for the rich.

Football will always be a working man's game because it's so accessible and all you need is a ball.

The average football fan doesn't have thousands of pounds to watch 1 football game like the average F1 follower does.

Of course I'm not saying all F1 fans are mega rich, but its pretty clear it's not a typical pastime of the everyday man.
Zedie
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 18, 2019 12:42 pm

Zedie wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Like I said, Baku seemingly handles the Formula 1 without drama, so this story is bollox! Just UEFA trying to milk as much money from corporates as possible.

Formula 1 is run by the rich, competed by the rich, for the rich.

Football will always be a working man's game because it's so accessible and all you need is a ball.

The average football fan doesn't have thousands of pounds to watch 1 football game like the average F1 follower does.

Of course I'm not saying all F1 fans are mega rich, but its pretty clear it's not a typical pastime of the everyday man.

Well the prices have definitely been hoiked up for the footie, compared to a month later, for your example.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Tue May 21, 2019 8:59 am

The club is full of sh1t. Gazidis was part of yhe committee that chose baku. Why not say anything then? Behind the scenes arsenal are one of the clubs that ate pushing ways to fvck the fans and they come out like they care for fans
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk