How Do We Win The Premier League Next Season?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: How Do We Win The Premier League Next Season?

Postby CynicalGooner » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:12 am

Anything over £25m and I'd sell Iwobi in a heartbeat. We need to be ruthless with players who just aren't good enough and never, ever will be.

If I had my way we would sell 10 players, buy 5 or 6 and promote 3 or 4 from the youths. Of course that will never happen because top level sport is all about risk management so we will start next season with players who do not deserve to wear the shirt again
#YaGunnersYa
CynicalGooner
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:42 am

Iwobi is and has never been Arsenal quality. Cull the lot if you ask me, lets do this properly.

Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Bellerin, Iwobi, Ozil, Mkhi, Xhaka sell them all, boost the transfer kitty, buy some gems from other leagues. A key attribute should be strength and the ability to play in a physical league. No point having a skillful player who is either injured every 2 mins or is ineffective because of the pace and power of the game.
Last edited by theHotHead on Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Nuggets » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:47 am

theHotHead wrote:Iwobi's is and has never been Arsenal quality. Cull the lot if you ask me, lets do this properly.

Mustafi, Koscielny, Monreal, Bellerin, Iwobi, Ozil, Mkhi, sell them all, boost the transfer kitty, buy some gems from other leagues. A key attribute should be strength and the ability to play in a physical league. No point having a skillful player who is either injured every 2 mins or is ineffective because of the pace and power of the game.

I am with you on this, clean broom needed. :clap: I think I would keep Bellerin though.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:53 am

But is Bellerin Arsenal quality? Shit going forward and can't defend. Has big pace, thats about it. Look at the 2 full backs/wing backs at Liverpool. Alexander Arnold shit at defending but brilliant going forward. Robertson good going in both directions.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk