Would you play Cech in the final?

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Would you play Cech in the final?

Postby gooney » Sat May 11, 2019 7:57 am

BexleyGooner wrote:He’s doing so much talking and interviews about it, then either he’s been told he’s playing already, or he’s trying to pile the pressure onto emery to play him.

I would give him the gig. He’s done all the hard work getting us here, he deserves his swan song.

Swan song? He is a chelsea legend andvonce retired thats where his heart will be. Fotball aint about sentiment. Emery or arsenal dont owe him anything. Emery is coachingbone of arsenals biggest matches ever. And a match that has huge importance in our finance and who we can buy. He has 1 duty. To pick the best teamnhe has that gives arsenal as big of a chance as possible. It would be pathetic if a guy retiring in 2 weeks starts your most important game 2 weeks before retiring.
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 11, 2019 8:13 am

Would be very poetic if the final save of his career was a pentalty in a shoot out that won the europa league for Arsenal against the club he spent most of his career.
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby north bank gooner » Sat May 11, 2019 8:14 am

CynicalGooner wrote:Now I know 99% chance Cech does play, what what would you do?

I'd play Leno. Yeah it's a dick move, but a trophy is on the line. So is a CL place. And Leno is just better, simple as that. We don't owe Cech anything and the club comes first

I would be furious with Emery if he played Cech out of sentiment. Football is a ruthless business, and if Emery seriously wants to compete with the top teams we have to be in the CL and , therefore, play our best side.
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gooney » Sat May 11, 2019 8:22 am

north bank gooner wrote:
CynicalGooner wrote:Now I know 99% chance Cech does play, what what would you do?

I'd play Leno. Yeah it's a dick move, but a trophy is on the line. So is a CL place. And Leno is just better, simple as that. We don't owe Cech anything and the club comes first

I would be furious with Emery if he played Cech out of sentiment. Football is a ruthless business, and if Emery seriously wants to compete with the top teams we have to be in the CL and , therefore, play our best side.

It would be severe mismanagement of the club if he played him and lost. Woupd the owners be ok with his decision if he said leno is my beat keeper. But I choose peytr out of sentiment? Thats a sackable offence
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby BexleyGooner » Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 am

I don’t know why you guys are so hot about this, Leno’s been piss poor in recent weeks, conceded nine goals in 3 games at one point. Cech has helped us to this point, he’s the one who should be playing in the final.
BexleyGooner
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Sims » Sat May 11, 2019 10:11 am

We’re a club of value and principles so Cech will be playing unless he injures himself
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby NJ_Gunner » Sat May 11, 2019 1:29 pm

There is not even a decision to be made. Cech deserves to play in the final, and there is no doubt he will be playing.
NJ_Gunner
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby north bank gooner » Sat May 11, 2019 6:48 pm

BexleyGooner wrote:I don’t know why you guys are so hot about this, Leno’s been piss poor in recent weeks, conceded nine goals in 3 games at one point. Cech has helped us to this point, he’s the one who should be playing in the final.

The whole team has been piss poor in recent weeks, but I would trust Leno versus Chelsea over Cech. Especially if it went to penalties. Cech's record is awful.
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby gooney » Sat May 11, 2019 7:00 pm

Sims wrote:We’re a club of value and principles so Cech will be playing unless he injures himself

Lool club of value and principles. Sold the club to an American billionaire and charge the fans more than any other club while not sending much. Where is the value and principles in that? Arsenal is the club business men who get involved in football quote aa the way to go. I guess those type of guys value principles lol
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Losmeister » Sat May 11, 2019 7:01 pm

am pretty sure leno has let in all his pens as well
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby HalHartley » Sat May 11, 2019 9:01 pm

He is the right man to play in the final. he has the experience, Plus he has played in the rounds before, Leno will be play in Europe next season for us anyway
HalHartley
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby Royal Gooner » Sat May 11, 2019 10:21 pm

I think he should morally.
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby north bank gooner » Sun May 12, 2019 4:57 am

Royal Gooner wrote:I think he should morally.

Could you imagine Cech in front of Chelsea taking pens. We need a keeper whose mind will be clear and not in a state of emotion because he is facing the club for lets face it, where his heart is.

Our best GK is Leno, he should play end of story.

I would be furious if Cech played and a major f**k up, caused us not to win the game. We need to look to the future.
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby yadunoe » Sun May 12, 2019 5:50 am

yes he should play its his last game and hes been a loyal servent
yadunoe
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Nuggets » Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 am

BexleyGooner wrote:I don’t know why you guys are so hot about this, Leno’s been piss poor in recent weeks, conceded nine goals in 3 games at one point. Cech has helped us to this point, he’s the one who should be playing in the final.

I agree, he has got us this far so stick with him.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk