North London Powershift

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: North London Powershift

Postby Younggooner08 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:38 pm

Not all of us
Imagee
Younggooner08
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Manoban » Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:06 pm

Our ambition nowadays is to finish above a shit team?
Manoban
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby theHotHead » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:53 am

We don't look like mugs for being positive and daring to suggest we can finish above Spurs who the pundits said were miles ahead of us etc etc.

I still think we can finish third, doesn't make me a mug.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby PairyGrows » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:36 am

There has been a powershift in North London - but it hasn't gone in Arsenal's favour. As much as I hate to say it, Spurs are now well ahead of us. Unless we correct our course very quickly, it may take us a very long time to catch them.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby GunnGunn » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:40 pm

PairyGrows wrote:There has been a powershift in North London - but it hasn't gone in Arsenal's favour. As much as I hate to say it, Spurs are now well ahead of us. Unless we correct our course very quickly, it may take us a very long time to catch them.
Wouldn't say well ahead, we're on the up, they're on the decline. Regardless of the shitty result on Sunday.

And unlike when we moved to the Emirates, they're not moving on the back of more than half a decade of trophies including 3 titles, they're moving on the back of a few seasons in the CL and never really threatening for the title.

Their Stadium move is going to smash their already strapped finances, just like it did to us.

The drop off is going to be a sight to behold.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
They see' me Trollin', they hatin'
GunnGunn
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby thebigbangtheo » Thu May 09, 2019 8:42 am

Credit where credit's due, congratulations spuds on reaching the champions league final after a simply amazing match last night. Well done, and I doff my cap to you and Liverpool as well.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 09, 2019 9:09 am

PairyGrows wrote:There has been a powershift in North London - but it hasn't gone in Arsenal's favour. As much as I hate to say it, Spurs are now well ahead of us. Unless we correct our course very quickly, it may take us a very long time to catch them.

I don' think they are well ahead of us. We've just lost our way a bit in recent seasons.

But we'll always be bigger and better than them. It doesn't matter what the league positions are.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby EliteKiller » Thu May 09, 2019 9:27 am

Football is all about the money, sure Liverpool and Spurs are not in the top three richest clubs but they are 7th and 10th so hardly paupers. The very real possibility is that come next year's Top 20 list Spurs will be above us financially, quite possibly for the first time in over 100 years.

That's the true power shift the money, what happens on the pitch simply follows the money ....

Just to back that up ... from 2004 to 2013 we were 5th or 6th on the money list ... now we are 9th, in real danger of dropping out of the top 10 with both Spurs and Juventus catching up ... should we worry?

Yes we should, only Porto outside the top ten richest clubs has won the CL this century (2004) ... and only Leicester outside the top ten richest clubs has won the EPL this century ... drop out of the top ten and winning major trophies becomes a whole lot harder.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Wilko49er » Thu May 09, 2019 10:15 am

Why even be bothered by that lot? So they may win the CL before us. So what? We had our chance in 06, and we all know how that turned out. Yes it will be banter fc forever. But if you cant live with banter, you shouldn't follow football. They haven't won a league title since 61. That's the true measure of a clubs powers. I always said the CL whilst nice too win, is just a money grabbing load of crap. “ Champions league” thats a joke, they should have left it in the old knockout format. They are enjoying the limelight in The CL, but crap, like us in the league. I prefer the mickies too win, but wont lose sleep if the scum win. It may give our lot (Kroenke, board) the wake up kick up the arse they need. We have our own competition to deal with. Show balls tonight they get through. Turn up like they have lately, and we get what we deserve. Bring on the banter.
Wilko49er
Liam Brady

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Phil71 wrote:

I don' think they are well ahead of us. We've just lost our way a bit in recent seasons.

But we'll always be bigger and better than them. It doesn't matter what the league positions are.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby StLGooner » Thu May 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Wilko49er wrote:Why even be bothered by that lot? So they may win the CL before us. So what? We had our chance in 06, and we all know how that turned out. Yes it will be banter fc forever. But if you cant live with banter, you shouldn't follow football. They haven't won a league title since 61. That's the true measure of a clubs powers. I always said the CL whilst nice too win, is just a money grabbing load of crap. “ Champions league” thats a joke, they should have left it in the old knockout format. They are enjoying the limelight in The CL, but crap, like us in the league. I prefer the mickies too win, but wont lose sleep if the scum win. It may give our lot (Kroenke, board) the wake up kick up the arse they need. We have our own competition to deal with. Show balls tonight they get through. Turn up like they have lately, and we get what we deserve. Bring on the banter.

Nice try. I can really see you trying to NOT care in this post. Like you are really trying to convince us but also yourself. But I can also see that you still really do care. You almost had it though buddy. ;)
Formerly ChVint22
StLGooner
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PairyGrows » Fri May 10, 2019 8:29 am

There's nothing worse than Spurs winning the Champions League before us. Mark my words.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby north bank gooner » Fri May 10, 2019 8:52 am

I think we have to be honest with ourselves, even if we win the Europa League. If the spuds win the CL, the there will definitely have been a power shift. We keep saying they need to win trophies, well it doesn't come any bigger than the CL.

Thats why I was tilting my nuts off yesterday hearing overseas fans talking bollocks about hating other teams more than the spuds. Its like a doomsday scenario, them winning it. Still the performance last night if the boys gave me something to be proud about. A lot of other big clubs have gone to Valencia and not come back with anything,
Arsenal fans who hate other clubs more than Tottenham? Really!!
north bank gooner
Lee Dixon
Lee Dixon

Postby theHotHead » Fri May 10, 2019 9:30 am

PairyGrows wrote:There's nothing worse than Spurs winning the Champions League before us. Mark my words.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Wilko49er » Fri May 10, 2019 9:31 am

StLGooner wrote:
Wilko49er wrote:Why even be bothered by that lot? So they may win the CL before us. So what? We had our chance in 06, and we all know how that turned out. Yes it will be banter fc forever. But if you cant live with banter, you shouldn't follow football. They haven't won a league title since 61. That's the true measure of a clubs powers. I always said the CL whilst nice too win, is just a money grabbing load of crap. “ Champions league” thats a joke, they should have left it in the old knockout format. They are enjoying the limelight in The CL, but crap, like us in the league. I prefer the mickies too win, but wont lose sleep if the scum win. It may give our lot (Kroenke, board) the wake up kick up the arse they need. We have our own competition to deal with. Show balls tonight they get through. Turn up like they have lately, and we get what we deserve. Bring on the banter.

Nice try. I can really see you trying to NOT care in this post. Like you are really trying to convince us but also yourself. But I can also see that you still really do care. You almost had it though buddy. ;)

Oh i do care, and yes they are the better team at this time. But we are the bigger club, history tells us that. Its out of our hands. Nothing we can do if they win, except “politely” say well done..you C**ts. Like i am sure they will politely congratulate us if we win the EL. :rofll: :rofll:
Wilko49er
Liam Brady

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk