Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby starmandb » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:24 pm

Pfa young player of the year is 23 and under
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:30 am

Phil71 wrote:Arteta's job depends on winning matches.

He will play any player who he thinks can help him do that.

It is utter nonsense to suggest he would maliciously target players for some unknown reason, and deliberately exclude them - thus cutting his nose off to spite his face.

It makes no sense and is just made up nonsense by people who have an anti-Arteta agenda.

You all need to look up David Icke. He has some far out shit as well.

Well in that case the guy is utterly incompetent and he doesn’t win a lot of matches, he seems to lose as many as he wins so he’s doing poorly on that score as well.

Personally I think he takes a dislike to a player and doesn’t give him a chance, not one person can explain the Saliba thing, because it makes zero sense, even the player himself thought it was odd, you don’t pay 27 million for a defender and bring him in a year later only to send him on loan again, it’s a nonsensical decision.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:34 am

starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
swipe right wrote:Saliba
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.

Gabriel
Saka
Smith - Rowe
Odegaard
Tierney
Martinelli
All figured in the last 6 games
Posted youth stats several times
Still comes up
Arsenal are and always have been a progressive club for giving youth a chance

I think someone has said this before, but the likes of Tierney and Gabriel don’t count as they were both bought as 1st teamers who established themselves elsewhere, it’s really stretching it to call them young players Arteta gives a chance to, they’re not in a real sense youth players. This is like us signing Sancho or Harland and referring to them as youths we give a chance to.

I’ll give you Saka and ESR (though he wouldn’t play him for months until he was forced to and ESR then excelled). Martinelli isn’t getting a fair amount of game time, he should have featured more than he has.

Odergaard is a loan signing, no point signing one and then not playing him, he brought him in for a reason.

For me a youth is a player who has come through the system or has been at the club for a while or have come in with no kind of record at a previous club, so ESR and Saka fit that along with the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, Balogun and Martinelli.

They are 23 and under
If 23 isn’t young why do they have an under 23 league

I don’t think that’s particularly relevant, whilst they are relatively young in age it’s much too simplistic to just look at that, as I said Haaland and Sancho would be under 23 as well, they wouldn’t count as youth players, they’d be big money 1st teamers who haven’t come through the system.

As I said youth players are players we’ve developed, not ready made footballers who come in ready for 1st team action from a different club.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby swipe right » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:15 am

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
swipe right wrote:Saliba
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.

Gabriel
Saka
Smith - Rowe
Odegaard
Tierney
Martinelli
All figured in the last 6 games
Posted youth stats several times
Still comes up
Arsenal are and always have been a progressive club for giving youth a chance

I think someone has said this before, but the likes of Tierney and Gabriel don’t count as they were both bought as 1st teamers who established themselves elsewhere, it’s really stretching it to call them young players Arteta gives a chance to, they’re not in a real sense youth players. This is like us signing Sancho or Harland and referring to them as youths we give a chance to.

I’ll give you Saka and ESR (though he wouldn’t play him for months until he was forced to and ESR then excelled). Martinelli isn’t getting a fair amount of game time, he should have featured more than he has.

Odergaard is a loan signing, no point signing one and then not playing him, he brought him in for a reason.

For me a youth is a player who has come through the system or has been at the club for a while or have come in with no kind of record at a previous club, so ESR and Saka fit that along with the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, Balogun and Martinelli.

They are 23 and under
If 23 isn’t young why do they have an under 23 league

I don’t think that’s particularly relevant, whilst they are relatively young in age it’s much too simplistic to just look at that, as I said Haaland and Sancho would be under 23 as well, they wouldn’t count as youth players, they’d be big money 1st teamers who haven’t come through the system.

As I said youth players are players we’ve developed, not ready made footballers who come in ready for 1st team action from a different club.

No point in arguing with him. He will drag you down with obfuscation. We all know Arteta doesn’t rate kids. What with his obsession with Willian and Luiz when there are two talented kids for each of those positions that he’s cast aside.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby starmandb » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:50 am

I don’t believe that Arteta has a problem with playing young players
I still believe that a player 23 or under is a young player weather they were born on the steps of Islington town hall
Or joined the club at 23 and 364 days from a Martian league
I also really don’t care weather a player is a toddler or a pensioner
If they are the right player to do the job on any given day
I believe the decision to send saliba on loan a strange one but left to me I would have an infantessimal squad available at all times
I think things like not bringing Martinelli on at Leicester last week but bringing on Aubameyang ( if you are resting him, then rest him) seems a strange one,
However
I don’t believe Arteta has anything against youth
He picks the side he believes is the right one on any given day
He will stand or fall by such decisions
There is no attempt at obfuscation
That is what I believe
I don’t dig in when I am proven to be wrong
I don’t come on to make enemies
I consider anybody with a care for this club as a friend
I have reservations about Arteta
I don’t consider open season on everything as the right way
starmandb

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:02 pm

starmandb wrote:I don’t believe that Arteta has a problem with playing young players
I still believe that a player 23 or under is a young player weather they were born on the steps of Islington town hall
Or joined the club at 23 and 364 days from a Martian league
I also really don’t care weather a player is a toddler or a pensioner
If they are the right player to do the job on any given day
I believe the decision to send saliba on loan a strange one but left to me I would have an infantessimal squad available at all times
I think things like not bringing Martinelli on at Leicester last week but bringing on Aubameyang ( if you are resting him, then rest him) seems a strange one,
However
I don’t believe Arteta has anything against youth
He picks the side he believes is the right one on any given day
He will stand or fall by such decisions
There is no attempt at obfuscation
That is what I believe
I don’t dig in when I am proven to be wrong
I don’t come on to make enemies
I consider anybody with a care for this club as a friend
I have reservations about Arteta
I don’t consider open season on everything as the right way

Arteta doesn;t have it in for young players - agreed.
He has it in for certain players and he has his favourites, but it's not age-related. He just uses the youth argument ("needs time and careful managing") for the young players he doesn't like.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:26 pm

starmandb wrote:Pfa young player of the year is 23 and under

Again, I say, when I think of a young player 22 and 23 year olds don't figure. Young players for me are players getting their first exposure to first team football.

I dare say many others have the same view, it doesn't matter that "officially" young players are 22 and under. A 22 year old could have had 4 years first team experience, thats hardly an inexperienced player! At the end of last season Maitland-Niles was 22, look hoe much experience he has had!
Last edited by theHotHead on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby starmandb » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:28 pm

theHotHead wrote:
starmandb wrote:Pfa young player of the year is 23 and under

Again, I say, when I think of a young player 22 and 23 year olds don't figure. Young players for me are players getting their first exposure to first team football.

I dare say many others have the same view, it doesn't matter that "officially" young players are 23 and under.

Without wishing to sound like the chuckle brothers
To me
To you
starmandb

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Arteta's concerted effort to ruin Martinelli's Arsenal career goes on.
At least he is achieving something he's set out to do.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:30 pm

He has no future here. Willian and Gervinho's less coordinated cousin will always get picked first.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:32 pm

aniym wrote:He has no future here. Willian and Gervinho's less coordinated cousin will always get picked first.

yeah - even if he gets a few minutes now, he's going to be rusty. No match fitness, no confidence.
His career here is done.
Saliba's career here is done also.

Neither player will have any confidence playing for Arteta.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:36 pm

Can't understand why he isn't getting game time tbh.
alexafc12
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Big Poppa » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:01 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Arteta's job depends on winning matches.

He will play any player who he thinks can help him do that.

It is utter nonsense to suggest he would maliciously target players for some unknown reason, and deliberately exclude them - thus cutting his nose off to spite his face.

It makes no sense and is just made up nonsense by people who have an anti-Arteta agenda.

You all need to look up David Icke. He has some far out shit as well.

Well in that case the guy is utterly incompetent and he doesn’t win a lot of matches, he seems to lose as many as he wins so he’s doing poorly on that score as well.

Personally I think he takes a dislike to a player and doesn’t give him a chance, not one person can explain the Saliba thing, because it makes zero sense, even the player himself thought it was odd, you don’t pay 27 million for a defender and bring him in a year later only to send him on loan again, it’s a nonsensical decision.

This comes down to Arteta wanting to control every phase of play. Young players have a tendency to go searching for the ball rather than trust it to find them and that fucks up the whole framework.

His structure is based on collective ball movement to draw teams out offensively and collective positioning to block them out defensively.

I heard Pep explaining some similar bollocks to Ferdinand about why he uses Foden so sparingly. He said he is always so intense, and needs to learn to mix it up so he can catch the opponent by surprise.

Arteta needs to quickly understand though that he doesn’t have a collection of ball playing artisans and by the time he does, our best performers will not want to be here.

His handling of certain players based on such limited opportunities while rewarding mugs like Xhaka with 90 minutes every week because they dance to his choreography will cost him his job.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Does Arteta even remember he has one of football's brightest young talents?
Or is Martinelli just Arteta's latest target to bully and ruin?
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:38 pm

aniym wrote:He has no future here. Willian and Pepe will always get picked first.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk