Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:52 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
Highbury Hillbilly wrote:
LMAO wrote:https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1448644587937939458
Mikel Arteta says Arsenal are ‘not thinking’ about loaning Gabriel Martinelli out in January and that he is ‘very happy with him’.

He did reveal that Martinelli has picked up a minor injury in training, however, that could stop him from being involved against Crystal Palace.

AMN is getting the same treatment. Not allowed to leave on loan, not considered good enough to play.

AMN is getting better treatment to be fair since speaking out. He's at least getting picked off the bench and starting more as a CM.

Not sure if it's an attitude thing or if Arteta just struggles to cope with a big squad.

The squad isn't that big, he just refuses to rotate. And we have no Europe, which would have allowed many more players to get game time.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:58 pm

To be honest you could drop any of those, for all their good play ESR and Saka haven’t really created much, Saka hasn’t been at his best either.

When you’re struggling for goals you don’t just stick with the same team. Odegaard hasn’t been outstanding either, he has his moments.

5 goals in 7 games doesn’t reflect well on the attacking players, though I do understand Artetas tactics do hinder our attack, so not sure how much blame they take.

Maybe Martinelli can perform, despite the tactics? Might get dropped for it though, that’s the price you pay under Arteta.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:59 pm

Özim wrote:To be honest you could drop any of those, for all their good play ESR and Saka haven’t really created much, Saka hasn’t been at his best either.

When you’re struggling for goals you don’t just stick with the same team. Odegaard hasn’t been outstanding either, he has his moments.

Thank God you are not in charge.
SMH.

Martinelli will get a chance again and he'll have to take it.
It's that simple.
I never understood why he was dropped when he was playing well. It annoyed me, but that does not mean he can ever be dropped. IN the game time he has had he's not been good recently.
Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Power n Glory » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:00 pm

Power n Glory wrote:
LMAO wrote:https://twitter.com/charles_watts/status/1448644587937939458
Mikel Arteta says Arsenal are ‘not thinking’ about loaning Gabriel Martinelli out in January and that he is ‘very happy with him’.

He did reveal that Martinelli has picked up a minor injury in training, however, that could stop him from being involved against Crystal Palace.

AMN is getting the same treatment. Not allowed to leave on loan, not considered good enough to play.

AMN is getting better treatment to be fair since speaking out. He's at least getting picked off the bench and starting more as a CM.

Not sure if it's an attitude thing or if Arteta just struggles to cope with a big squad.

The squad isn't that big, he just refuses to rotate. And we have no Europe, which would have allowed many more players to get game time.

True. Hopefully he improves on the rotation but it's going to be a challenge without Europe. He could make better use of his subs for certain situations.
Power n Glory
Member of the Year 2022
Member of the Year 2022

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:02 pm

Özim wrote:To be honest you could drop any of those, for all their good play ESR and Saka haven’t really created much, Saka hasn’t been at his best either.

We were struggling for goals last season as well. It's not about the individual players, it's the tactics and instructions they're trying to follow.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Marsbar100 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:10 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Lw

So drop ESR?
He's been playing left.

Or if a new formation - who gets dropped to accommodate Martinelli?

I would try esr as a 10, i would drop odegaard
Aaron Ramsey aka "The Drought Killer" 2008-2019
Marsbar100
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner
Predictions League 2022-23 Winner

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:11 pm

jayramfootball wrote:

SMH.

It's that simple.
I never understood why he was dropped when he was playing well. It annoyed me, but that does not mean he can ever be dropped. IN the game time he has had he's not been good recently.

If I was things would instantly improve as Arteta would no longer be in charge.

Since you think the manager doesn’t matter it shouldn’t be to big a deal, I expect the players will start scoring again though once they’re no longer shackled by Artetas anti-football on the pitch.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:12 pm

Marsbar100 wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:
Marsbar100 wrote:Lw

So drop ESR?
He's been playing left.

Or if a new formation - who gets dropped to accommodate Martinelli?

I would try esr as a 10, i would drop odegaard

That's an interesting one - Odegaard is doing a LOT of work closing down and pressuring defences.
It's helping us defensively. Not sure ESR could do the same.
That said, I too was not overly enamoured with Odegaard, but I am starting to appreciate his work rate.

Could be something to try against Leeds.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:13 pm

We were struggling for goals last season as well. It's not about the individual players, it's the tactics and instructions they're trying to follow.

Yes I agree with you 100%, just think Martinelli is less conventional and more like to do something spectacular than the others.

I agree with the guy above, I’d drop Odegaard, I haven’t been hugely impressed by him.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:14 pm

Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

SMH.

It's that simple.

Since you think the manager doesn’t matter it shouldn’t be to big a deal, I expect the players will start scoring again though once they’re no longer shackled by Artetas anti-football on the pitch.

Your position is that the manager is crucial - Here you are saying you are a better manager than Arteta.
Not a very smart thing to say

Meanwhile here is some anti-football for you to enjoy:

Last edited by jayramfootball on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Ach » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:18 pm

Odegaard is playing the same as last season. Jay last season "odegaard is shit. Hope we don't sign him permanently"

We do

Jay now after the 180

Great work rate etc
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:22 pm

Ach wrote:Odegaard is playing the same as last season. Jay last season "odegaard is shit. Hope we don't sign him permanently"

We do

Jay now after the 180

Great work rate etc

That's an interesting one - Odegaard is doing a LOT of work closing down and pressuring defences.
That said, I too was not overly enamoured with Odegaard, but I am starting to appreciate his work rate.

And?
If a player starts contributing it is best to say so as opposed to always basing your view on who the player is.
That's where you fall down - regularly.
For example, Auba was f***ing terrible last year yet you kept bizarrely claiming he was saving us, instead of just accepting he was sh*t.
Got to move with the times, fella.

Right now Odegaard is putting in a good shift for the team. That's it. It is what it is, regardless of whether I think he is a great player.
We've won 10 points in 12 and only conceded 1 goal. Best not to mess with the team right now IMO.

Martinelli will get a chance at some point and it's up to him to take it.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:47 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Özim wrote:
jayramfootball wrote:

SMH.

It's that simple.

Your position is that the manager is crucial - Here you are saying you are a better manager than Arteta.
Not a very smart thing to say

Meanwhile here is some anti-football for you to enjoy:

Just using your rationale!

Besides Arteta really is a bad manager, it’s been dreadful having to watch him trying to manage for 2 years now, I think we should send him back to Pep and let him get back to the cones.

As for that game, yeah it was a one off agains a side who left more holes than a colander, every team has one offs. Other than that we’ve been poor.

Ironically Spurs fans are also unhappy with the owner as he apparently doesn’t care about what happens on the pitch, how appropriate we beat another side that is more interested in what’s happening off the pitch.
Last edited by Salibatelli on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:48 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
Ach wrote:Odegaard is playing the same as last season. Jay last season "odegaard is shit. Hope we don't sign him permanently"

We do

Jay now after the 180

Great work rate etc

And?
If a player starts contributing it is best to say so as opposed to always basing your view on who the player is.
That's where you fall down - regularly.
For example, Auba was f***ing terrible last year yet you kept bizarrely claiming he was saving us, instead of just accepting he was sh*t.
Got to move with the times, fella.

Right now Odegaard is putting in a good shift for the team. That's it. It is what it is, regardless of whether I think he is a great player.
We've won 10 points in 12 and only conceded 1 goal. Best not to mess with the team right now IMO.

Martinelli will get a chance at some point and it's up to him to take it.

Yes don’t mess with a team that got outplayed by Brighton!
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby starmandb » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:59 pm

Özim wrote:Been completely mis-managed IMO, 18 months ago he looked amazing, since Arteta arrived he’s barely been give match time and it seems to be affecting him, he’s not progressed like he should have.

18 months ago we were all sitting in our living rooms marvelling at captain Tom walking round his garden
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk