Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 8:33 pm

But constant meaningless negativity towards anything Arsenal and sundry should be looked into closely by moderators.
I can understand constructive criticism , but this isn't the case with some.
This is an Arsenal forum but lately
this looks like an open forum as we see in DM, Sun, BBC, etc.
We don't want trolls or Spuds or other club followers and in extreme cases mental patients to infiltrate here and dilute the whole purpose of having an Arsenal centric ( wellbeing) discussion.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:01 pm

ag6789 wrote:But constant meaningless negativity towards anything Arsenal and sundry should be looked into closely by moderators.
We don't want trolls or Spuds or other club followers and in extreme cases mental patients to infiltrate here and dilute the whole purpose of having an Arsenal centric ( wellbeing) discussion.

People are allowed to have their opinions.

Its not like the penalty was clear cut, even the pundits can't can't decide so how is it trolling if he doesn't think it was?

Fact is a lot of these responses are over exaggertated because of certain parties I won't name are engaged in a war of "I told you so" every game, meaning that when they get responses from each other its always going to lean toward hostile or wumming.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:17 pm

Salibatelli wrote:Should be booked for damaging the penalty spot, thats out of order.

Never noticed players doing that personally, shouldn’t happen anyway. Think he may have been booked for dissent anyway.

He deserved to be sent off, he’s been great this season but today Xhaka and him made the errors that lost us the game.

Can forgive Gabriel, but Xhaka does this regularly.

Arsenal players don't do the dirty stuff .... according to Jay ........
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:19 pm

Jay and his boring referee cheating narrative. If I recall we got favourable decisions in our last game .. or was it the game before.

I don't know why you just can't be pleased with the performance, we didn't lose the game because of inconsistent refs, we lost the game because Xhaka is an arse and Gabriel lost his mother f***ing mind !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:23 pm

I am entitled ( as a forum member) to my opinion about Arsenal related discussions being appropriate or not , but of course the moderators are here to judge.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby DiamondGooner » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:29 pm

ag6789 wrote:I am entitled ( as a forum member) to my opinion about Arsenal related discussions being appropriate or not , but of course the moderators are here to judge.

Dejan and Rockape who are two of the better posters on this forum also thought it wasn't a penalty, do you want the Mods to have a word with them as well?

Calling for Mods just because you don't like someone's opinion is pathetic.

Ozim's "negativity" as I said stems from the wumming back and forth he's engaged in with JayRam and a select few others hence why I and yourself should take it with a pinch of salt.

We lost today, if they're going to WUM its for the same reasons they get WUMMED themselves when we win games .......... yes it's petty, but it takes two to tango and both sides are just as bad.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:33 pm

theHotHead wrote:Jay and his boring referee cheating narrative. If I recall we got favourable decisions in our last game .. or was it the game before.

I don't know why you just can't be pleased with the performance, we didn't lose the game because of inconsistent refs, we lost the game because Xhaka is an arse and Gabriel lost his mother f***ing mind !

We lost the game 100% because of the officials.
We also played brilliantly.
I am have been happy and getting happier with the manager and team for the last year of good results.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:35 pm

DiamondGooner wrote:
ag6789 wrote:I am entitled ( as a forum member) to my opinion about Arsenal related discussions being appropriate or not , but of course the moderators are here to judge.

Dejan and Rockape who are two of the better posters on this forum also thought it wasn't a penalty, do you want the Mods to have a word with them as well?

Calling for Mods just because you don't like someone's opinion is pathetic.

Ozim's "negativity" as I said stems from the wumming back and forth he's engaged in with JayRam and a select few others hence why I and yourself should take it with a pinch of salt.

We lost today, if they're going to WUM its for the same reasons they get WUMMED themselves when we win games .......... yes it's petty, but it takes two to tango and both sides are just as bad.

It's not possible to be 100% positive - not that anyone is - and be wumming. The only people who could be upset by that are non Arsenal fans. This is an Arsenal forum.
Anyone who is 100% negative - and disappears when we are winning, only to come back as soon was we lose under a different username to continue with 100% negativity is a troll. They are here for one reason only and that is to wind up Arsenal fans.

I choose to feed that troll - though it is getting boring even for me who likes to call it out.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Rastayouth » Sun Jan 02, 2022 2:41 pm

Regarding Martinelli, we all recognise that he's extremely exciting and talented, he just needs to work on his decision making and passing to be one of the best.

We saw it in the Norwich game and the latest examples being:

A) That phenomenal run that could've been capped off with a layoff to Odegaard:

B) The play that started with Partey, where Gabi should square it to Saka:

Still young so plenty of time to work on this and it's exciting to have a player who can run at defenders! "
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby billie86 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:36 pm

Rastayouth wrote:Regarding Martinelli, we all recognise that he's extremely exciting and talented, he just needs to work on his decision making and passing to be one of the best.

Still young so plenty of time to work on this and it's exciting to have a player who can run at defenders! "

Don't think I have seen cancelo given that much trouble before, Gabi has the talent and mentality to be a superstar.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby Rastayouth » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:43 pm

billie86 wrote:
Rastayouth wrote:Regarding Martinelli, we all recognise that he's extremely exciting and talented, he just needs to work on his decision making and passing to be one of the best.

Don't think I have seen cancelo given that much trouble before, Gabi has the talent and mentality to be a superstar.

Agreed! Love his mentality and it seems like he's developing an hard edge (that I like) as shown in his interaction with Laporte.
Rastayouth
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:51 pm

ag6789 wrote:But constant meaningless negativity towards anything Arsenal and sundry should be looked into closely by moderators.

Had some good posters from other clubs in here . Imo it also brings an outside perspective that is sometimes missed with tinted glasses
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby VCC » Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:56 pm

Had some good posters from other clubs in here . Imo it also brings an outside perspective that is sometimes missed with tinted glasses
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Goonerred » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:35 pm

Are you serioulsly saying that nobody can crticise Arsenal?
Goonerred
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022
Predictions League 2021-22 Winner, Member of the Year 2022

Postby Ach » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:49 pm

VCC wrote:

The Manc Januzaj lover was great
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk