Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Arsenal news and interviews
Discuss anything Arsenal related, players, tactics etc.

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby starmandb » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:24 pm

Pfa young player of the year is 23 and under
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby Özim » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:30 am

Phil71 wrote:Arteta's job depends on winning matches.

He will play any player who he thinks can help him do that.

It is utter nonsense to suggest he would maliciously target players for some unknown reason, and deliberately exclude them - thus cutting his nose off to spite his face.

It makes no sense and is just made up nonsense by people who have an anti-Arteta agenda.

You all need to look up David Icke. He has some far out shit as well.


Well in that case the guy is utterly incompetent and he doesn’t win a lot of matches, he seems to lose as many as he wins so he’s doing poorly on that score as well.

Personally I think he takes a dislike to a player and doesn’t give him a chance, not one person can explain the Saliba thing, because it makes zero sense, even the player himself thought it was odd, you don’t pay 27 million for a defender and bring him in a year later only to send him on loan again, it’s a nonsensical decision.
Özim
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby Özim » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:34 am

starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
swipe right wrote:Saliba
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.

Gabriel
Saka
Smith - Rowe
Odegaard
Tierney
Martinelli
All figured in the last 6 games
Posted youth stats several times
Still comes up
Arsenal are and always have been a progressive club for giving youth a chance


I think someone has said this before, but the likes of Tierney and Gabriel don’t count as they were both bought as 1st teamers who established themselves elsewhere, it’s really stretching it to call them young players Arteta gives a chance to, they’re not in a real sense youth players. This is like us signing Sancho or Harland and referring to them as youths we give a chance to.

I’ll give you Saka and ESR (though he wouldn’t play him for months until he was forced to and ESR then excelled). Martinelli isn’t getting a fair amount of game time, he should have featured more than he has.

Odergaard is a loan signing, no point signing one and then not playing him, he brought him in for a reason.

For me a youth is a player who has come through the system or has been at the club for a while or have come in with no kind of record at a previous club, so ESR and Saka fit that along with the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, Balogun and Martinelli.

They are 23 and under
If 23 isn’t young why do they have an under 23 league

I don’t think that’s particularly relevant, whilst they are relatively young in age it’s much too simplistic to just look at that, as I said Haaland and Sancho would be under 23 as well, they wouldn’t count as youth players, they’d be big money 1st teamers who haven’t come through the system.

As I said youth players are players we’ve developed, not ready made footballers who come in ready for 1st team action from a different club.
Özim
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3210
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:26 pm

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby swipe right » Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:15 am

Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
Özim wrote:
starmandb wrote:
swipe right wrote:Saliba
Guendozi
Martinelli
Nelson

He’s anti kids.

Gabriel
Saka
Smith - Rowe
Odegaard
Tierney
Martinelli
All figured in the last 6 games
Posted youth stats several times
Still comes up
Arsenal are and always have been a progressive club for giving youth a chance


I think someone has said this before, but the likes of Tierney and Gabriel don’t count as they were both bought as 1st teamers who established themselves elsewhere, it’s really stretching it to call them young players Arteta gives a chance to, they’re not in a real sense youth players. This is like us signing Sancho or Harland and referring to them as youths we give a chance to.

I’ll give you Saka and ESR (though he wouldn’t play him for months until he was forced to and ESR then excelled). Martinelli isn’t getting a fair amount of game time, he should have featured more than he has.

Odergaard is a loan signing, no point signing one and then not playing him, he brought him in for a reason.

For me a youth is a player who has come through the system or has been at the club for a while or have come in with no kind of record at a previous club, so ESR and Saka fit that along with the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, Balogun and Martinelli.

They are 23 and under
If 23 isn’t young why do they have an under 23 league

I don’t think that’s particularly relevant, whilst they are relatively young in age it’s much too simplistic to just look at that, as I said Haaland and Sancho would be under 23 as well, they wouldn’t count as youth players, they’d be big money 1st teamers who haven’t come through the system.

As I said youth players are players we’ve developed, not ready made footballers who come in ready for 1st team action from a different club.

No point in arguing with him. He will drag you down with obfuscation. We all know Arteta doesn’t rate kids. What with his obsession with Willian and Luiz when there are two talented kids for each of those positions that he’s cast aside.
swipe right
Tony Adams
Tony Adams
 
Posts: 3291
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:05 am

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby starmandb » Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:50 am

I don’t believe that Arteta has a problem with playing young players
I still believe that a player 23 or under is a young player weather they were born on the steps of Islington town hall
Or joined the club at 23 and 364 days from a Martian league
I also really don’t care weather a player is a toddler or a pensioner
If they are the right player to do the job on any given day
I believe the decision to send saliba on loan a strange one but left to me I would have an infantessimal squad available at all times
I think things like not bringing Martinelli on at Leicester last week but bringing on Aubameyang ( if you are resting him, then rest him) seems a strange one,
However
I don’t believe Arteta has anything against youth
He picks the side he believes is the right one on any given day
He will stand or fall by such decisions
There is no attempt at obfuscation
That is what I believe
I don’t dig in when I am proven to be wrong
I don’t come on to make enemies
I consider anybody with a care for this club as a friend
I have reservations about Arteta
I don’t consider open season on everything as the right way
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:02 pm

starmandb wrote:I don’t believe that Arteta has a problem with playing young players
I still believe that a player 23 or under is a young player weather they were born on the steps of Islington town hall
Or joined the club at 23 and 364 days from a Martian league
I also really don’t care weather a player is a toddler or a pensioner
If they are the right player to do the job on any given day
I believe the decision to send saliba on loan a strange one but left to me I would have an infantessimal squad available at all times
I think things like not bringing Martinelli on at Leicester last week but bringing on Aubameyang ( if you are resting him, then rest him) seems a strange one,
However
I don’t believe Arteta has anything against youth
He picks the side he believes is the right one on any given day
He will stand or fall by such decisions
There is no attempt at obfuscation
That is what I believe
I don’t dig in when I am proven to be wrong
I don’t come on to make enemies
I consider anybody with a care for this club as a friend
I have reservations about Arteta
I don’t consider open season on everything as the right way


Arteta doesn;t have it in for young players - agreed.
He has it in for certain players and he has his favourites, but it's not age-related. He just uses the youth argument ("needs time and careful managing") for the young players he doesn't like.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9703
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby theHotHead » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:26 pm

starmandb wrote:Pfa young player of the year is 23 and under

Again, I say, when I think of a young player 22 and 23 year olds don't figure. Young players for me are players getting their first exposure to first team football.

I dare say many others have the same view, it doesn't matter that "officially" young players are 22 and under. A 22 year old could have had 4 years first team experience, thats hardly an inexperienced player! At the end of last season Maitland-Niles was 22, look hoe much experience he has had!
Last edited by theHotHead on Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
theHotHead
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10501
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:44 am
Location: Norf Landon

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby starmandb » Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:28 pm

theHotHead wrote:
starmandb wrote:Pfa young player of the year is 23 and under

Again, I say, when I think of a young player 22 and 23 year olds don't figure. Young players for me are players getting their first exposure to first team football.

I dare say many others have the same view, it doesn't matter that "officially" young players are 23 and under.

Without wishing to sound like the chuckle brothers
To me
To you
User avatar
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
 
Posts: 13091
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:55 am

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:25 pm

Arteta's concerted effort to ruin Martinelli's Arsenal career goes on.
At least he is achieving something he's set out to do.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9703
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby aniym » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:30 pm

He has no future here. Willian and Gervinho's less coordinated cousin will always get picked first.
aniym
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby jayramfootball » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:32 pm

aniym wrote:He has no future here. Willian and Gervinho's less coordinated cousin will always get picked first.


yeah - even if he gets a few minutes now, he's going to be rusty. No match fitness, no confidence.
His career here is done.
Saliba's career here is done also.

Neither player will have any confidence playing for Arteta.
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9703
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby alexafc12 » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:36 pm

Can't understand why he isn't getting game time tbh.
Image
User avatar
alexafc12
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman
 
Posts: 10993
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby Big Poppa » Mon Mar 08, 2021 6:01 am

Özim wrote:
Phil71 wrote:Arteta's job depends on winning matches.

He will play any player who he thinks can help him do that.

It is utter nonsense to suggest he would maliciously target players for some unknown reason, and deliberately exclude them - thus cutting his nose off to spite his face.

It makes no sense and is just made up nonsense by people who have an anti-Arteta agenda.

You all need to look up David Icke. He has some far out shit as well.


Well in that case the guy is utterly incompetent and he doesn’t win a lot of matches, he seems to lose as many as he wins so he’s doing poorly on that score as well.

Personally I think he takes a dislike to a player and doesn’t give him a chance, not one person can explain the Saliba thing, because it makes zero sense, even the player himself thought it was odd, you don’t pay 27 million for a defender and bring him in a year later only to send him on loan again, it’s a nonsensical decision.


This comes down to Arteta wanting to control every phase of play. Young players have a tendency to go searching for the ball rather than trust it to find them and that fucks up the whole framework.

His structure is based on collective ball movement to draw teams out offensively and collective positioning to block them out defensively.

I heard Pep explaining some similar bollocks to Ferdinand about why he uses Foden so sparingly. He said he is always so intense, and needs to learn to mix it up so he can catch the opponent by surprise.

Arteta needs to quickly understand though that he doesn’t have a collection of ball playing artisans and by the time he does, our best performers will not want to be here.

His handling of certain players based on such limited opportunities while rewarding mugs like Xhaka with 90 minutes every week because they dance to his choreography will cost him his job.
Big Poppa
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:51 pm

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:16 pm

Does Arteta even remember he has one of football's brightest young talents?
Or is Martinelli just Arteta's latest target to bully and ruin?
No matter how bad it gets, at least we don't have to put up with Wenger anymore
User avatar
jayramfootball
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 9703
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:58 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby aniym » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:38 pm

aniym wrote:He has no future here. Willian and Pepe will always get picked first.
aniym
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee
 
Posts: 8082
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:43 am

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Marsbar100, Power n Glory, Slick and 5 guests