Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby jayramfootball » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:39 pm

aniym wrote:
aniym wrote:He has no future here. Willian and Pepe will always get picked first.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Callum » Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:08 am

been invisible for weeks now smh

no wonder arteta doesn't pick him
Callum
SE13
SE13

Postby thebigbangtheo » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:48 am

Throwing a tactical side step that Ronaldo, Rivaldo and Ronaldinho would've been proud of to wrong foot Mourinho, I would start Martinelli as striker ahead of Aubameyang or Lacazette on Sunday.

Never mind how hard we know this kid already works at closing down and harrying the opposition as part of his game anyway, that his playing time has been so severely suppressed of late will probably have him like a man in a brothel having just done a five stretch.

The wear and tear that could inflict upon the Tottenham defence even if only for an hour, could tenderise them like wagu beef for Aubameyang to now enter the fray with his steak knife and fork at the ready like Big Narstie after two days fasting.

Add to that that he's scored in a London derby before and probably feels that he has a bit of a point to prove to Arteta, unleashing a fully fit, motivated and hungry Martinelli now, could prove a masterstroke.
thebigbangtheo
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Arsenal Tone » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:23 am

The last few times he played, he was almost in tears after every knock he took as if fearing another long term injury. Maybe physically he's over his injury but not mentally :dontknow:
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby LMAO » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:28 am

Tony Adams wrote:The last few times he played, he was almost in tears after every knock he took as if fearing another long term injury. Maybe physically he's over his injury but not mentally :dontknow:

Fresh breath of rationality.
LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:33 am

Even Martin Keown questioned the logic of not playing Martinelli !

If Keown is saying that we know something is cleary going on.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:36 am

theHotHead wrote:Even Martin Keown questioned the logic of not playing Martinelli !

If Keown is saying that we know something is cleary going on.

He asked what Martinelli's father must be thinking also... I wonder whether he knows more than he was prepared to say.
I can imagine Martinelli, his family and his agent are not happy right now.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:37 am

LMAO wrote:
Tony Adams wrote:The last few times he played, he was almost in tears after every knock he took as if fearing another long term injury. Maybe physically he's over his injury but not mentally :dontknow:

Why is it the voice of rationality ? If that was the case why would Arteta put the boy on the bench then ? Surely worse for his confidence to make the match day squad and never get on the pitch. what kind of man management is that ??
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:30 pm

And the same people will complain about how toxic this place is, how it's littered with trolls and WUMs.

Sigh.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:56 pm

LMAO wrote:

He's still on the bench in every single game. If he's not ready to play, why is he in the matchday squad?
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Ach » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:03 pm

I like Martinelli but he's not done much since he's come back from injury. Definitely doesn't deserve to start ahead of Saka or Pepe but should be playing ahead of Willian. Take the 60m
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Salibatelli » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:13 pm

The guy never gets on, never felt Arteta rated him right from the start, strange because the guy is a huge talent.

That’s how it goes with Arteta, he either likes you or he doesn’t.
Salibatelli
Member of the Year 2023
Member of the Year 2023

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:54 pm

Ach wrote:I like Martinelli but he's not done much since he's come back from injury. Definitely doesn't deserve to start ahead of Saka or Pepe but should be playing ahead of Willian. Take the 60m

I agree he hasn't done much this season. But if he's not fit, he should be dropped from the bench and replaced with Reiss Nelson or Nketiah.

Otherwise, we are continuing the trend of bringing players' market value down to zero. Martinelli, Nelson and Balogun should in theory be rising talents, but they aren't getting any minutes.

We will be lucky to get any money for Nketiah, Guendouzi and Torreira as it is.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Rockape » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:00 pm

I love Martinelli and agree its getting a bit baffling as to why he's not getting game time. We know Arteta wants to rotate, so he can't wait until he has to play him, he needs time on the pitch.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby VCC » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:04 pm

This will be strange but I am going to talk rugby,
The All Blacks have a policy " a starting player can NOT lose his position to injury"
I will explain should player A be injured, on player A being fit to play he is selected (regardless if he can only play a managed length of time)
The out come generally is the have a stormer as they are playing to earn their spot back.
Martinelli before injury looked close to the best young talent on the planet not only the EPL.
I dont understand it AT ALL
VCC
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk