Gabriel Martinelli (11)

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Gabriel Martinelli (35)

Postby jayramfootball » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:04 pm

KG3 wrote:
Santi wrote:Aye mate it’s mad, especially from a guy who rates Gibbs and AMN lol

And?

Do I come on here and claim they’re better than people like Tierney or Sagna?

No I rate them but I’m deluded like Jayramfootball with absurd claims like Nketiah > Aubemeyang.

I rate them but I don’t overate them like certain posters do with other players, it’s really not that deep lol.

Santi wrote:Ramsey’s shit we don’t need a replacement

Santi wrote:he's just f***ing shiiiiiiite

too many excuses made for a player who isn't good enough on the regular and isn't a team player.

fvck him off already, only 6 years too late.

Now the fact that you rate Wilshere but don’t rate Ramsey says it all about you as a poster, you’re more deluded than Jayramfootball and Ach with his Cazorla is bad posts. :lol:

Amazing how often 'deluded' turns out to be correct. Most fans, of which you are one, get emotionally charged and lose all ability to objectively judge. Easily swayed and really rather clueless.

As for Ramsey. He was really quite poor for all but 18 months of his Arsenal career. That's a fact. Anyone who called him sh*t during really quite long periods was speaking the truth. He did look truly awful for weeks on end.
For those 18 months he was indeed at a world-class level, but he could not maintain it - because of a mixture of bad luck with injuries and an overly elaborate (at times) approach to the game.

Wilshere easily had more talent than Ramsey, but he pissed it away himself. I don't think he was unlucky with injuries. I think he just lacked professionalism to get himself in the best shape and ready for a full season.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:17 pm

KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:Wilshere was class, it's not all about goals and assists. Injuries ruined his career and maybe gave him an excuse for not reaching the heights he should've, but he was an amazing little player at one point.

Dude, you can't get people that don't know ... to know.

With Wilshere, you thought the world would be his playground, that the sky was the limit, such was his natural talent.

With Willock you will be surprised if he is playing Premier league football in 2 years time.

But Willock is better than Wilshere ?!!! :rofll:

Didn’t actually say Willock was better than Wilshere though, I was simply stating facts.

Aaron Ramsey has more cup final goals for Arsenal than Fabregas and Ozil combined anthoer fact.

Does that mean I think Ramsey is better than both of them no, I’m just stating facts but as usual take what I say out of context and use it to suit you’re agenda, like the fool you are.

Interesting response. So if you were not suggesting that Willock was better what was the point of you bringing up those "facts" then?!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:19 pm

Ach wrote:Song after a shit start was pretty good tbf

Certainly better than Wilshere.

To be clear, I am talking about ability. Song did more for the team but ability-wise he, to me, was kack.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Gordon Bennit » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:37 am

Meanwhile on the Martinelli thread, it's reported on various sites that Martinelli's injury isn't serious, which is fantastic news. In the last month I've seen him with a shirt over his face in tears v Chelsea and heard he was in tears the other night. In both cases, he's been later diagnosed as relatively fine. Does he have a low threshold of pain or is the poor kid terrified of losing more of his career to injury? If it's the latter he needs support, now. While we shouldn't be relying on him or the other younger players, the fact is he looks bloody good and has had a greater impact than others so far.
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby KG3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:42 am

Ach wrote:When the hell did I call cazorla shit? Lol

Ach wrote:Santi Cazorla

Bang average player.

Missed when he was injured only cos his replacement xhaka was and still is horrific.

Ach wrote:Waste of a squad space.

Surely theres some kid who can actually play

Ach wrote:Cazorla was never as good as he was made out to be. We were shit with him. Shit without him.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby KG3 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:44 am

theHotHead wrote:
KG3 wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Santi wrote:Wilshere was class, it's not all about goals and assists. Injuries ruined his career and maybe gave him an excuse for not reaching the heights he should've, but he was an amazing little player at one point.

Dude, you can't get people that don't know ... to know.

With Wilshere, you thought the world would be his playground, that the sky was the limit, such was his natural talent.

With Willock you will be surprised if he is playing Premier league football in 2 years time.

But Willock is better than Wilshere ?!!! :rofll:

Didn’t actually say Willock was better than Wilshere though, I was simply stating facts.

Aaron Ramsey has more cup final goals for Arsenal than Fabregas and Ozil combined anthoer fact.

Does that mean I think Ramsey is better than both of them no, I’m just stating facts but as usual take what I say out of context and use it to suit you’re agenda, like the fool you are.

Interesting response. So if you were not suggesting that Willock was better what was the point of you bringing up those "facts" then?!

Just showing how overrated he was considering how bad Willock is.
KG3
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby theHotHead » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:02 am

Its your opinion and of course you are welcome to it. I don't think Wilshere is overrated on this forum, apart from obvious wumming most people say he had great potential and could have been world class, but for various reasons he didn't get there.

Wilshere had a higher ceiling than Ramsey, but Ramsey did more for the club.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Ach » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:07 am

KG3 wrote:
Ach wrote:When the hell did I call cazorla shit? Lol

Ach wrote:Santi Cazorla

Bang average player.

Missed when he was injured only cos his replacement xhaka was and still is horrific.

Ach wrote:Waste of a squad space.

Surely theres some kid who can actually play

Ach wrote:Cazorla was never as good as he was made out to be. We were shit with him. Shit without him.

I'm still waiting. All you've done there is post the truth but still can't see where I call him shit
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby LMAO » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:12 pm

LMAO
Member of the Year 2019
Member of the Year 2019

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:48 pm

LMAO wrote:

If Partey has to 'force' his way into our first team, we have some bigger problems at the management level than I thought.
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby Zenith » Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:45 pm

Zenith
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Location: Across the North Sea, 200-something miles away from The Grove

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:21 pm

This guy will lose a good amount of his pace as these injuries add up. That's just life, our bodies can betray us when we need them most. There's a reason Ronaldo chooses an ice bath at 3AM after flying back from a CL fixture, instead of going straight to bed like a normal player.

The good thing is he is young and has other good attacking attributes. He needs to start developing those further
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Gordon Bennit » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:03 am

Didn't Aliadiere lose pace and therefore effectiveness in the same way? Question as I don't know. Just want to see this guy get a good run, not fall down in tears and show what he can really do, instead of us and him being robbed of it like Diaby, Rosicky and Van Persie (although the latter signed for Utd a second before the dint from his arse vanished from the treatment room).
Good old Arsenal, we're proud to say that name
Gordon Bennit
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:45 am

Zenith wrote:

:dance:

Beginning to look like he’s the type that needs to be wrapped in cotton wool whenever the chance presents itself. Would hate to see another talented player ruined by injury
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby theHotHead » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:45 am

jayramfootball wrote:
LMAO wrote:

If Partey has to 'force' his way into our first team, we have some bigger problems at the management level than I thought.

LOOOOL, you're not wrong. Man should be walking into the starting eleven !
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk