Remaining PL Fixture Predictions

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Remaining PL Fixture Predictions

Postby Nuggets » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:07 pm

theHotHead wrote:If Emery plays Guendouzi and Elneny in any remaining games then kiss goodbye to finishing in the top 4. We also need Kos and Sokratis in defence otherwise we may as well play Russian Roulette. Our defending is shocking at the best of times.

You are spot on they are sh1te together I hope he plays Kos and Sokratis and they stay fit.
Nuggets
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner
Predictions League 2016-17 Winner

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:39 pm

swipe right wrote:
Ach wrote:Thought we'd lose to Watford and beat palace. Happened the other way round so we are where i thought we'd be after these 2 games. Didn't get too happy with the Watford win. Didn't get too down on the palace loss. Didn't watch either so that's probably why but that's why these threads make me laugh. People saying we will beat these lot and that lot. Have they not watched us over the last 10 years?

Ffs even the invincibles lost to a team in the CL that they had beat 3 times that season.

It's not been a year since Wenger left yet. It's still heavily influenced with his loser mentality. Sort that out and we can achieve something.

Wenger against Palace
14 games, 10 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss

Shhhhhh....

Hows daddy Wenger doing in his job at a major club that he was sure to get that his lovers told us he would should he ever leave us?
Ach
SE13
SE13

Postby ag6789 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:13 pm

He's waiting in the wings for a second coming.
ag6789
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby billie86 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:46 pm

Does any one on here think that it's better to finish outside the top 4 and Carry on with the Europa League which we seem to be doing ok in? Is it not more enjoyable watching us have a fighting chance in the Europa (2 semi finals in 2 years) than watching us get slapped 10-1 on aggregate as soon as we get through the group stage of the CL and face a half decent team? We are light years away from doing anything of note in the CL or the prem, even with extra revenue from champions League football (which we had for 16 years on the spin) we never pushed on and if anything went backwards despite having the maximum amount of funds available, we never used the money to our advantage and even with it would never be able to compete with the likes of City, Barca, jive, psg etc and their budgets.
We will continue to just make up the numbers in the CL no matter how many times we qualify for it, the last decade is testemant to that. Everyone seems to be really wanting us to qualify for it and to some extent so do I but when I actually think about it the reality is this time next year we will be sat here out of Europe, no excitement bar the race for top 4 again and that's it, like I say at least we have something to look forward to with the Europa League come march/April time.
billie86
David Rocastle
David Rocastle

Postby starmandb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 pm

billie86 wrote:Does any one on here think that it's better to finish outside the top 4 and Carry on with the Europa League which we seem to be doing ok in? Is it not more enjoyable watching us have a fighting chance in the Europa (2 semi finals in 2 years) than watching us get slapped 10-1 on aggregate as soon as we get through the group stage of the CL and face a half decent team? We are light years away from doing anything of note in the CL or the prem, even with extra revenue from champions League football (which we had for 16 years on the spin) we never pushed on and if anything went backwards despite having the maximum amount of funds available, we never used the money to our advantage and even with it would never be able to compete with the likes of City, Barca, jive, psg etc and their budgets.
We will continue to just make up the numbers in the CL no matter how many times we qualify for it, the last decade is testemant to that. Everyone seems to be really wanting us to qualify for it and to some extent so do I but when I actually think about it the reality is this time next year we will be sat here out of Europe, no excitement bar the race for top 4 again and that's it, like I say at least we have something to look forward to with the Europa League come march/April time.

2 of those 16 years we were in the champions league final and a semi final
I want to win the Europa league and get third this year
And then be in the champions league next season and get back that thing about beating anyone anywhere anytime
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:24 pm

billie86 wrote:Does any one on here think that it's better to finish outside the top 4 and Carry on with the Europa League which we seem to be doing ok in? Is it not more enjoyable watching us have a fighting chance in the Europa (2 semi finals in 2 years) than watching us get slapped 10-1 on aggregate as soon as we get through the group stage of the CL and face a half decent team? We are light years away from doing anything of note in the CL or the prem, even with extra revenue from champions League football (which we had for 16 years on the spin) we never pushed on and if anything went backwards despite having the maximum amount of funds available, we never used the money to our advantage and even with it would never be able to compete with the likes of City, Barca, jive, psg etc and their budgets.

I would agree but that would mean not winning the EL this year so no. Otherwise completely agree it’s more fun as a fan than getting tonked by Barca/Bayern but Emery might be able to work some magic and sneak us to a semi like Spurs, should we get back in.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Sims » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:07 pm

If we wanna continue to see sub par players sign for us as we have less funds and no top player wants to play in a second rate tournament then yeah we should keep playing in the EL
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:10 pm

If we want to improve we need to sign quality.

If we want to sign quality we need money.

If we want money we have to be in the CL.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:12 pm

Sims has it.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:13 pm

Only fun bit about playing in the EL is the semis onwards and the group stage when we get to see our youngsters get minutes

But if we want to progress as a football club it’s imperative to be in the CL
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:16 pm

Sims wrote:If we wanna continue to see sub par players sign for us as we have less funds and no top player wants to play in a second rate tournament then yeah we should keep playing in the EL

Signed aubameyang and lacazette with only EL football on offer. Despite the latter originally on the brink of signing for a CL club.

Plus weren’t you also the champion of signing from the second tier to improve and sell for profits so we can sign the top players again?
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Angelito » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Let's just try and win the EL, shall we?

More than Chelsea, I'm afraid of Valencia. They're Atleti lite right now; Marcelino being poor man's Simeone.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Sims » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Santi wrote:
Sims wrote:If we wanna continue to see sub par players sign for us as we have less funds and no top player wants to play in a second rate tournament then yeah we should keep playing in the EL

Signed aubameyang and lacazette with only EL football on offer. Despite the latter originally on the brink of signing for a CL club.

Plus weren’t you also the champion of signing from the second tier to improve and sell for profits so we can sign the top players again?

I am

Clubs offering CL football are also doing the same, how do you think Liverpool got to where they are?
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Phil71 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:19 pm

Sims wrote:Only fun bit about playing in the EL is the semis onwards and the group stage when we get to see our youngsters get minutes

But if we want to progress as a football club it’s imperative to be in the CL

Yep.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:20 pm

Rockape wrote:Sims has it.

Well as a travelling red member I’d disagree. Been able to get tickets for European away games and had a class time on each of them. Got no chance of going to CL away games, never mind a QF against a CL quality team like Napoli.

Rather win it for the progression of our club, there’s no doubt that’d be the better option, but it’s not as simple as CL being the better competition for us all.
Santi
SE13
SE13

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk