Remaining PL Fixture Predictions

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Remaining PL Fixture Predictions

Postby Interest: waning » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:13 am

Tony_Adams wrote:We'll win the europa league though
Hazard says hi.
Interest: waning
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Santi » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:39 am

Interest: waning wrote:f**k this football club. Everything about it is rotten and hopeless. Should never have been this way.

Dear god, imagine being so dramatic after 1 loss. Poor performances are a part of the game and we have to fight harder in the next ones. Chelsea and united are both very capable of dropping points against anyone as well so calm down ffs.

Also as much as I want top 4, it’s not exactly a horror show if we end up 5th, missing out by a couple of points and end up in Europa semi/final. It’ll be disappointing if we don’t make it into the CL having been so close on both fronts but just have to react and address the issues.

Btw anyone thinking yesterday was gonna be an easy win was deluded from the start.
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby looper007 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:50 am

We can win those remaining games. Am I confident? Nope. Wouldn't surprise me if we see another Palace or Everton performance in one of those games coming up.

I'm saying we will get 7 points from the remaining games. I'm far more confident with us winning Europa League really.
looper007
Michael Thomas

Postby Angelito » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:01 am

STOP JINXING IT! :BangHead: It's not that straight forward.

I'm sorry for screaming. :redface:

Can we not just take it one game at a time? Please? Not necessarily talking about you, PG. But everyone. We've become increasingly arrogant since we've put a string of wins together. It doesn't work that way.

Santi wrote:Btw anyone thinking yesterday was gonna be an easy win was deluded from the start.

^
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby Palin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:14 am

we win EL we go to CL
we make 3rd we go to CL
we make 4th we go to CL
we make 5th;

if Liverpool wins CL we go to CL
if Chelsea makes 4th and win EL we go to CL
if Liverpool wins CL and Chelsea wins EL and makes 4th we go to CL.

So key thing we need to stay in front of UTD at PL which prpobably will happen and imo EL will be between Chelsea and Arsenal. We really have a good chance tbh.
Palin
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:24 am

Palin wrote:we win EL we go to CL
we make 3rd we go to CL
we make 4th we go to CL
we make 5th;

So key thing we need to stay in front of UTD at PL which prpobably will happen and imo EL will be between Chelsea and Arsenal. We really have a good chance tbh.

Um what

If we finish 5th, only way we are making CL is if we win the Europa. If we finish 5th and don't win the Europa then we aren't in the CL
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby EliteKiller » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:34 am

It's very much in our hands ...

Spuds with three home games should get at least 76 points ...
For us three wins would be 75 points and almost certainly a better GD than Chelsea ... two wins and a draw will give us 73 points almost certainly not enough.
Utd would need 4 wins from 4 including beating City and Chelsea ... that would give them 76 points but I just can't see that happening my view 70 points at best with two wins and two defeats.
Chelsea would need four wins from their last four to catch us, so let's see how tonight goes for them tonight ... four wins would put them on 78 points and that's possible especially if Utd fold up after a City defeat ... if so we might need Leicester to do us a solid in the last game and beat them, then they would have 75 points and most likely a worse GD ...

My guess is City, Dippers, Spuds, and Arsenal on GD .......... but who knows certainly a few more twists and turns to come yet ...
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby starmandb » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:40 am

Interest: waning wrote:
Hazard says hi.

Beaten Chelsea 4 times with hazard
Drawn 4
Chelsea have an appalling record in penalty shoot outs
starmandb
Member of the Year 2018, 2020
Member of the Year 2018, 2020

Postby Palin » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:53 am

Ach wrote:
we make 3rd we go to CL
we make 4th we go to CL
we make 5th;

Um what

If we finish 5th, only way we are making CL is if we win the Europa. If we finish 5th and don't win the Europa then we aren't in the CL

Yes we will. Uefa allows 5 teams from same country in CL now
Palin
Charlie George
Charlie George

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:55 am

Palin wrote:
Ach wrote:
we make 3rd we go to CL
we make 4th we go to CL
we make 5th;

Um what

Yes we will. Uefa allows 5 teams from same country in CL now

Yeah the top 4 and the Europa league winners if that team doesnt finish in the top 4.

If we finish 5th we arent getting in the CL through the league
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:25 am

If Emery plays Guendouzi and Elneny in any remaining games then kiss goodbye to finishing in the top 4. We also need Kos and Sokratis in defence otherwise we may as well play Russian Roulette. Our defending is shocking at the best of times.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:06 pm

Wolves vs arsenal 3-1
Leicestee vs arsenal 2-0
Arsenal vs brighton 2-1
Burnley vs Arsenal 1-0
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby Ach » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Thought we'd lose to Watford and beat palace. Happened the other way round so we are where i thought we'd be after these 2 games. Didn't get too happy with the Watford win. Didn't get too down on the palace loss. Didn't watch either so that's probably why but that's why these threads make me laugh. People saying we will beat these lot and that lot. Have they not watched us over the last 10 years?

Ffs even the invincibles lost to a team in the CL that they had beat 3 times that season.

It's not been a year since Wenger left yet. It's still heavily influenced with his loser mentality. Sort that out and we can achieve something.
Ach
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby gooney » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:36 pm

Ach wrote:Thought we'd lose to Watford and beat palace. Happened the other way round so we are where i thought we'd be after these 2 games. Didn't get too happy with the Watford win. Didn't get too down on the palace loss. Didn't watch either so that's probably why but that's why these threads make me laugh. People saying we will beat these lot and that lot. Have they not watched us over the last 10 years?

Ffs even the invincibles lost to a team in the CL that they had beat 3 times that season.

It's not been a year since Wenger left yet. It's still heavily influenced with his loser mentality. Sort that out and we can achieve something.

We were outplayed by 10 men watford. We cant play well away from home. So us losing nextv3 away games is very possible unless a ref save us
gooney
Arsène Wenger
Arsène Wenger

Postby swipe right » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:06 pm

Ach wrote:Thought we'd lose to Watford and beat palace. Happened the other way round so we are where i thought we'd be after these 2 games. Didn't get too happy with the Watford win. Didn't get too down on the palace loss. Didn't watch either so that's probably why but that's why these threads make me laugh. People saying we will beat these lot and that lot. Have they not watched us over the last 10 years?

Wenger against Palace
14 games, 10 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss

Shhhhhh....
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk