Ornstein: Arsenal MIGHT have £100m to spend

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: Ornstein: Arsenal MIGHT have £100m to spend

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:19 am

Where is the £100m going to come from? There's not going to be significant revenue growth (I estimate no more than around £50m), and we can't cut our wage bill without compromising the competitiveness of our squad. We don't even have players we can sell on profit.

Again, where is the £100m going to come from? Ornstein's prediction is not in tune with reality.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby EliteKiller » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:43 am

PairyGrows wrote:Where is the £100m going to come from? There's not going to be significant revenue growth (I estimate no more than around £50m), and we can't cut our wage bill without compromising the competitiveness of our squad. We don't even have players we can sell on profit.

Again, where is the £100m going to come from? Ornstein's prediction is not in tune with reality.

Our revenue will likely be 450m that's up just 20m from last year ... our wages bill is expected to be 40m higher if we don't sell ... we will have to cut our wages bill anyway as the maximum increase allowed is 7m a year (if the EPL keep that rule for 19/20) and even if they don't we can't sustain a wages bill pushing towards 55% of turnover ... not without extra external funding.

So if we want to buy players it will have to come from Kroenke or the Magic Money Tree ... and Kroenke looks doubtful

Winning the EL would be significant, Emery must know that hence playing the first eleven ... however I'm not holding my breath.
EliteKiller
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby weaponx57 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:23 pm

Isn't it about time the Arsenal faithful do protests to get rid of Kroenke?

I doubt that will happen though our fans are a bit skiddish when it comes to that.
weaponx57
Charlie George
Charlie George

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk