2019 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Rate the transfer window

Poll ended at Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pm

10 - Perfect, could not have been better!
No votes
9 - Great, the best transfer window in years!
49%
8 - Very good, I have no complaints.
32%
7 - Good, but could have been better.
13%
6 - Okay, but not as good as made out.
6%
5 - Disappointing, it is what it is.
No votes
4 - Subpar, no real surprise.
No votes
3 - Terrible, nothing more to add.
No votes
2 - Unacceptable, utterly negligent.
No votes
1 - Shambolic, flat-out unforgivable.
No votes

Total votes : 47

Re: 2019 Summer Transfer Window

Postby knowledge93 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:01 pm

I don't even get this debate. Why would we sell the one part of the pitch we have sorted? Who cares what anyone will pay for him. For us he's worth over £100m. He's got his fair share of goals and assists + he's a rounded striker that does a lot more for the team than scoring goals. Ronaldo only went for that much cos of his age and cos Flo didn't value his contribution for some reason. I don't know what market you're looking at but 60 million might not even be enough to get you a Zaha so sure let's sell our player of the season for cut prices.
knowledge93
Nigel Winterburn
Nigel Winterburn

Postby Dejan » Fri May 17, 2019 7:11 pm

knowledge93 wrote:I don't even get this debate. Why would we sell the one part of the pitch we have sorted? Who cares what anyone will pay for him. For us he's worth over £100m. He's got his fair share of goals and assists + he's a rounded striker that does a lot more for the team than scoring goals. Ronaldo only went for that much cos of his age and cos Flo didn't value his contribution for some reason. I don't know what market you're looking at but 60 million might not even be enough to get you a Zaha so sure let's sell our player of the season for cut prices.

Ronaldo's age is irrelevant because he is an absolute machines and will his game will not be effected by his aging body in he next year.

60m gets you the likes of mahrez, who imo is top quality and much better than zaha.

Dont get me wrong. I dont want us to sell lacazette because we finally have an area sorted for once. But we shouldnt make him better than he really is. As a striker his goal scoring record isnt good enough to warrant 70m+, even in todays market

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk
Rest in Peace SE13 :(
Dejan
SE13
SE13

Postby indy23 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:32 pm

Selling our best players. Candy store budget. Changes are coming! Not.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Angelito » Sat May 18, 2019 2:53 am

knowledge93 wrote:I don't even get this debate. Why would we sell the one part of the pitch we have sorted? Who cares what anyone will pay for him. For us he's worth over £100m. He's got his fair share of goals and assists + he's a rounded striker that does a lot more for the team than scoring goals.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby PairyGrows » Sat May 18, 2019 2:03 pm

knowledge93 wrote:I don't even get this debate. Why would we sell the one part of the pitch we have sorted? Who cares what anyone will pay for him. For us he's worth over £100m. He's got his fair share of goals and assists + he's a rounded striker that does a lot more for the team than scoring goals. Ronaldo only went for that much cos of his age and cos Flo didn't value his contribution for some reason. I don't know what market you're looking at but 60 million might not even be enough to get you a Zaha so sure let's sell our player of the season for cut prices.

The reason is quite simple. When you have limited resources at your disposal, the most prudent thing you can do is to allocate those resources wisely. At the moment, we aren't allocating our resources wisely.

We have embarrassment of riches when it comes to strikers and attacking midfielders while lacking depth and quality when it comes to centre backs and wingers. Therefore, unless we can acquire more resources, we should look for opportunities to allocate our resources more effectively.

It's not nice but it's what we have to do if we want to succeed.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby indy23 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:19 pm

two competent strikers and two inconsistent AMs are not an embarrassment of riches.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Sat May 18, 2019 7:22 pm

Competent strikers lmao

Literally impossible for us to get any better ones in, they are elite
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby indy23 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:50 pm

Sims wrote:Competent strikers lmao

They are competent. The most competent players on the squad. Look up the definition of competent. Mustafi is incompetent. Embarrassment of riches tho? No that's what city have. Next.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Sims » Sat May 18, 2019 8:00 pm

According to Paris United (top tier for PSG), Kimpembe might be available if an interesting offer is on the table - Unai gave him his big break
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Arsenal Tone » Sat May 18, 2019 8:22 pm

Sims wrote:

According to Paris United (top tier for PSG), Kimpembe might be available if an interesting offer is on the table - Unai gave him his big break
Yes please!
Raya/Ramsdale
White/Tomiyasu--Saliba/Timber--Gabriel/Kiwior--???/Zinchenko
???/Jorginho
Odegaard/Smith Rowe----Rice/???
Saka/Jesus-------------------Martinelli/Trossard
???/Havertz
Arsenal Tone
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Sat May 18, 2019 9:30 pm

Sims wrote:Competent strikers lmao

Have you seen the abundance of sitters they both miss?? They are not elite! But they are pretty good.
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby theHotHead » Thu May 23, 2019 7:48 am

Sannehli (sp?) Confirmed he doesn't think Arsenal will have any trouble attracting the players they have identified to be purchased because of the name of Arsenal. He says he does not feel us not being in the CL will have any bearing on it, based on the discussions with those players that have already taken place.

Exactly!!! People claiming that Arsenal are not a big club or that not being in the CL will prevent us from progressing do not realise how big a club Arsenal is. Shame on the lot of you!
theHotHead
Poster of the Month
Poster of the Month

Postby Phil71 » Thu May 23, 2019 8:01 am

theHotHead wrote:Sannehli (sp?) Confirmed he doesn't think Arsenal will have any trouble attracting the players they have identified to be purchased because of the name of Arsenal. He says he does not feel us not being in the CL will have any bearing on it, based on the discussions with those players that have already taken place.

Exactly!!! People claiming that Arsenal are not a big club or that not being in the CL will prevent us from progressing do not realise how big a club Arsenal is. Shame on the lot of you!

I appreciate very well how big a club we are.

But top players want to play on the top stage, and if they don't think we can provide that for them (not even next season), they won't come. Pretty simple.

We have to have ambitions to play at the top table with top players. It's no good just being good old Arsenal, the gentlemen of English football. We want footballing success at the highest levels. For me that is the Premier League first and foremost, and then the Champions League.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby CrimsonGunner11 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:55 pm

Gif needs an update
Ramsdale
(Turner/Hein)
White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko
(Tomiyasu/Niles) (Timber/Holding) (Trusty/Kiwior) (Tierney/Tavares)
Odegaard(c) —- Rice
(Xhaka/Lokonga) —- (Partey/Elneny)
Havertz
(Jorginho/Vieira)
Saka Jesus Martinelli
(Pepe/Nelson) (Nketiah/Balogun) (Trossard/ESR)

Last Updated: 07/02/23
CrimsonGunner11
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner
Predictions League 2011-12, 2017-18 Winner

Postby indy23 » Thu May 30, 2019 5:10 pm

I don't think we can fix our holes ... We have to stop spending on shit.
indy23
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

PreviousNext

Return to Arsenal Talk