2019 Summer Transfer Window

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Rate the transfer window

Poll ended at Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:53 pm

10 - Perfect, could not have been better!
No votes
9 - Great, the best transfer window in years!
49%
8 - Very good, I have no complaints.
32%
7 - Good, but could have been better.
13%
6 - Okay, but not as good as made out.
6%
5 - Disappointing, it is what it is.
No votes
4 - Subpar, no real surprise.
No votes
3 - Terrible, nothing more to add.
No votes
2 - Unacceptable, utterly negligent.
No votes
1 - Shambolic, flat-out unforgivable.
No votes

Total votes : 47

2019 Summer Transfer Window

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:00 pm

I couldn't see any thread on this and wanted to know what the latest is?

Also....why is everything left to the last minute? If I was in charge, I'd have identified and lined up people for the middle of Jan, not this annual charade of will they won't they! FFS!

I appreciate that we now have virtually no defence so that is last min planning, but are we actually going to bring anyone in?
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Re: 2019 transfer window

Postby Phil71 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:04 pm

I can't see us bringing in any defenders.

I think we'll sign a couple of attacking players in the next day. There's a strong rumour about Banega as well. I'd be delighted with that. Him and Torreira in front of the back four would be fantastic.
Phil71
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:12 pm

Always so much talk and so little action........until the last few hours! We need a back up defender.
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:27 pm

Rockape wrote:I couldn't see any thread on this and wanted to know what the latest is?

Also....why is everything left to the last minute? If I was in charge, I'd have identified and lined up people for the middle of Jan, not this annual charade of will they won't they! FFS!

I appreciate that we now have virtually no defence so that is last min planning, but are we actually going to bring anyone in?

Ornstein has spoken.

Dennis Suarez is done, he's flying to London today.

We're NOT looking for defenders, we only want another winger. Linked with Perisic, Nkuku, Carrasco. Of the three Carrasco most likely at this point.

That is all that is happening, nothing else will happen, definitely no Banega.
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby Losmeister » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:43 pm

Jedi wrote:
Rockape wrote:I couldn't see any thread on this and wanted to know what the latest is?

Ornstein has spoken.

Dennis Suarez is done, he's flying to London today.

We're NOT looking for defenders, we only want another winger. Linked with Perisic, Nkuku, Carrasco. Of the three Carrasco most likely at this point.

That is all that is happening, nothing else will happen, definitely no Banega.

thanks for the intel, Jedi
Kai Havertz nutmegged ur GK
Losmeister
George Graham
George Graham

Postby theHotHead » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:07 pm

You would have thought that our problem was defensive, considering I saw someone say only 2 teams had scored more than us.

Even when fit most of our CBs have been awful, why are we looking at offensive players!
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:10 pm

I suppose the long term plan saw no reason for defenders as we have plenty when fit, but you'd think we'd sort out something. Clearly a short term cheap deal for Cahill wasn't possible!

Thanks Jedi btw!
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Postby Jedi » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:13 pm

I mean, none of this is my info and it has been posted in other thread but you're all welcome
Jedi
Bertie Mee
Bertie Mee

Postby PairyGrows » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:50 pm

Without us bringing in at least one defender, it's very difficult to see us in the Champions League next season.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:39 am

Got to say I am excited about the boy Suarez, I like his pace, technical ability and the tempo of his game!! This is a good deal, I can feel it.

He could be our KDB, the player with potential that was thought not good enough by Chelsea and has come back to haunt them!! City's loss could be our gain.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby jayramfootball » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:32 pm

theHotHead wrote:Got to say I am excited about the boy Suarez, I like his pace, technical ability and the tempo of his game!! This is a good deal, I can feel it.

He could be our KDB, the player with potential that was thought not good enough by Chelsea and has come back to haunt them!! City's loss could be our gain.

Agree 100%.
He is also surprisingly strong - hard to push off the ball.
I think he is just what we need because he can also beat players and cause panic in defences - something we don't really have right now. I think he may be played wide initially.

If the fans start singing this - you'll know he's REALLY made it... "There's only one Denis Suarez!"... :)
jayramfootball
Member of the Year 2021
Member of the Year 2021

Postby coach8smallball » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:34 pm

jayramfootball wrote:
theHotHead wrote:Got to say I am excited about the boy Suarez, I like his pace, technical ability and the tempo of his game!! This is a good deal, I can feel it.

Agree 100%.
He is also surprisingly strong - hard to push off the ball.
I think he is just what we need because he can also beat players and cause panic in defences - something we don't really have right now. I think he may be played wide initially.

If the fans start singing this - you'll know he's REALLY made it... "There's only one Denis Suarez!"... :)

hoping he's a speedier version of santi
cheers!
--tank
coach8smallball
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby DiamondGooner » Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:58 pm

Disappointing.

Yet I guess this will mainly depend on how good Suarez is, if he excels it will cover up for it a bit, because fact is we're a bit decimated for defenders.

I mean we could of at least loaned a CB?

Saying that I'm looking forward to seeing what an Emery target can offer with Denis, this will tell us a lot moving forward if Raul is now taking more recommendations from Emery.
DiamondGooner
SE13
SE13

Postby theHotHead » Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:10 pm

You tend to see that a lot, managers going back to what they know, perhaps there are a few more gems he can plunder from PSG/Sevilla/Valencia
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Rockape » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:57 pm

theHotHead wrote:You tend to see that a lot, managers going back to what they know, perhaps there are a few more gems he can plunder from PSG/Sevilla/Valencia

It’s natural isn’t it, if you know them and like them, to want to keep them in your teams. Can’t be anything worse than arriving at a new club to manage and find that you really don’t get on with one of the top established players.

Oh hang on a minute.......
Rockape
Tony Adams
Tony Adams

Next

Return to Arsenal Talk