FA Cup R4: Arsenal draw Man Utd

Discuss anything Arsenal-related. Tune in to get the latest news, and discuss results, performances, tactics, etc.

Re: FA Cup R4: Arsenal draw Man Utd

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:45 pm

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:What rubbish am I seeing here !!! how are we out ?? Man U at home is hardly a step too far, we can beat them not even playing at our best !! They are hardly Man City or Liverpool.

Woooo - so Man U have beaten 4 teams on the trot - all shite teams, hardly any reason for us to shit up !!

They're our bogey team. We couldn't even beat Moyes' ManU, or Jose's ManU earlier this season when we played them.

It'll be a heroic draw at the Emirates before they beat us comfortably at Old Trafford.

We were hamstrung because we had Wenger managing us, I can't see old hoodoos controlling us now.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:52 pm

Wenger isn't the issue. We thrashed them 3-0 a couple of years back when Alexis was here, and then 2-0 last season I believe.

The issue is that we're facing a reinvigorated Utd that don't have to play under Mourinho or LVG (proto Mourinho)'s ultra static positioning tactics.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Sims » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:57 pm

Welbeck needs to come back ASAP to do the business again
Sims
Member of the Year 2016
Member of the Year 2016

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:27 pm

theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:What rubbish am I seeing here !!! how are we out ?? Man U at home is hardly a step too far, we can beat them not even playing at our best !! They are hardly Man City or Liverpool.

Woooo - so Man U have beaten 4 teams on the trot - all shite teams, hardly any reason for us to shit up !!

They're our bogey team. We couldn't even beat Moyes' ManU, or Jose's ManU earlier this season when we played them.

It'll be a heroic draw at the Emirates before they beat us comfortably at Old Trafford.

We were hamstrung because we had Wenger managing us, I can't see old hoodoos controlling us now.

Wenger's the record winner of this competition. We've won it 13 times. Can't compare the greatest FA Cup manager to anyone, can we?

A 6-3-1 won't be enough to win against United. I'm expecting a draw at the Emirates followed by a loss at Old Trafford.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby theHotHead » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:45 pm

aniym wrote:Wenger isn't the issue. We thrashed them 3-0 a couple of years back when Alexis was here, and then 2-0 last season I believe.

The issue is that we're facing a reinvigorated Utd that don't have to play under Mourinho or LVG (proto Mourinho)'s ultra static positioning tactics.

Loool. Yes and ignore the 25 beatings we got along the way.

I'd 8 - 2 have to remind you!! Wenger was the exact reason we failed to beat Man U in how many attempts previously
Last edited by theHotHead on Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theHotHead
SE13
SE13

Postby LegendaryKeown » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:48 pm

Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Wenger's the record winner of this competition. We've won it 13 times. Can't compare the greatest FA Cup manager to anyone, can we?

A 6-3-1 won't be enough to win against United. I'm expecting a draw at the Emirates followed by a loss at Old Trafford.

Yes, Wenger won a competition that no one cares about enough to play full strength a few times. Congrats. Only took him 20+ years to do it too
When you give a voice to stupid people, it makes them more stupid and not more intelligent
LegendaryKeown
Thierry Henry
Thierry Henry

Postby Angelito » Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:00 pm

LegendaryKeown wrote:
Angelito wrote:
theHotHead wrote:
Angelito wrote:

Yes, Wenger won a competition that no one cares about enough to play full strength a few times. Congrats. Only took him 20+ years to do it too

A troll will always remain a troll. Bye.
Angelito
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Postby swipe right » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:45 pm

I think both teams are well matched. I’m not intimidated by this united side. Also think if emery sets us up well we can hurt them on the counter. Ole has given them a lot of freedom to attack and he’ll want to prove a point against his old rivals. We can exploit spaces in their back line. Must play Laca, Auba and Ozil.
swipe right
Dennis Bergkamp
Dennis Bergkamp

Postby #ST » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:55 pm

But when will they finally decide the date for this? Im getting tired of refreshing the Arsenal site
Wembley:
Community Shield @6-8-'23 = 1*-1 Manchester City

Emirates Stadium:
First game @10-9-'11 = 1 - 0 Swansea
Most memorable game @24-2-'22 = 2 - 1 Wolves
Last game @14-04-'24 = 0 - 2 Aston Villa
Next game @4-05-'24 = VS Bournemouth [ No ticket yet ]
#ST
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner
Predictions League 2019-20, 2021-22 Winner

Postby Highbury Hillbilly » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:38 am

swipe right wrote:I think both teams are well matched. I’m not intimidated by this united side. Also think if emery sets us up well we can hurt them on the counter. Ole has given them a lot of freedom to attack and he’ll want to prove a point against his old rivals. We can exploit spaces in their back line. Must play Laca, Auba and Ozil.

I'm more worried about them hitting us on the counter. Xhaka will be jogging to the touchline while Pogba is already in our half, and Lord Ozil's lack of tracking back opens up space for Alexis or Martial.

Utds defense being kind of a mess gives me hope though. And DDG hasn't been as good this year as in years past.
Highbury Hillbilly
George Graham
George Graham

Postby Santi » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:54 pm

SuperTurrek wrote:But when will they finally decide the date for this? Im getting tired of refreshing the Arsenal site

The app has it at 12 on sat
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Santi » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:49 am

Woooooo it’s confirmed now as Friday night on BBC :) :) :)
Santi
SE13
SE13

Postby Royal Gooner » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:51 am

Easy for all those United fans to get back to Surrey in time then!
Royal Gooner
Herbert Chapman
Herbert Chapman

Postby PairyGrows » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:33 pm

If anything, the fixture is like a home game for both sets of fans.
PairyGrows
Ian Wright
Ian Wright

Previous

Return to Arsenal Talk